PDA

View Full Version : Everett's mom hopeful of son's recovery

billsburgh
09-13-2007, 01:28 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070912/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_bills_everett_s_mom
I dont know if this came out before, but it says in this article that the first play of the game the his mother saw was the second half kickoff on which Kevin was injured. That's so sad.
Unable to get the Bills game on TV at home, Everett's mother called several sports bars and learned one just around the corner was showing the game.

Dugas walked in just as the second half began, just in time to see her son fall to the ground.

"That's the first thing I saw. I was so upset. I was distraught, and I started panicking, 'What can I do? And I've got to get to him because he's not getting up,'" she said. "I can't explain to you how I felt, because there's no words for it. It was the worst thing I had ever saw."

shelby
09-13-2007, 05:01 AM
She is in my prayers.

mybills
09-13-2007, 06:34 AM
As a mom, I still wanna give her a big hug. :bighug:

primadox
09-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Let's especially keep his mom in our prayers...while she was up in Buffalo to be with her son, Hurricane Humberto came ashore very near their home of Port Arthur TX overnight. For those not familiar with this area, that part of Texas is still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Rita two years ago. I'm sure her property is the last thing on her mind right now, but this storm spun up so quickly there wasn't much preparation time. Fortunately it wasn't a major one like Rita (we didn't get more than a few showers here in Houston, west of the storm), but this lady doesn't need anything else to worry about, and neither does Kevin.

As a mom myself, I can only imagine the pure panic and helplessness she must have felt when she saw her son go down. She is certainly in my prayers.

Ohio Steeler
09-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I feel for her and I can only say I hope nothing but the best for her and her son... god Bless both of them.