PDA

View Full Version : How would you punish Belichick?

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2007, 02:17 AM
How would you punish Belichick?

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2007, 02:24 AM
I have NO patience for cheating coaches because it impacts the entire game more than any one player could.

Toss the book at him as hard as possible IMO. Who knows how many games he's done this and won because he knew what the other team was calling.

Ebenezer
09-13-2007, 03:11 AM
I voted for forfeiting the game against the Jets but he should also get a 4 game suspension at the least...the league is not going to take away their championships but the luster has been removed off those rings...fans will always think of them as cheaters.

shelby
09-13-2007, 04:09 AM
Suspension for BB, forfeit the Jets win, and take away the draft picks.

Historian
09-13-2007, 04:59 AM
Make him watch old VHS tapes of his Cleveland games.

YardRat
09-13-2007, 05:31 AM
Punishment should be severe.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Harsh.

mybills
09-13-2007, 06:25 AM
all of the above plus take Bill's rings & auction them off for charity.

Buffatexas
09-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Post season ban for two years, forfeit rounds 1 & 2 in the '08 draft and the last pick in each round of the '08 & '09 draft

Historian
09-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Post season ban for two years, and forfeit the Jets win.

casdhf
09-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Execute him.

don137
09-13-2007, 06:59 AM
They removed the camera in the first quarter so it did not have a direct result on the Jets game so I don't think forfeiting the game is appropriate plus it could create problems in the fans attending the game would ask for their money back from the game. I do wonder if it helped them win games causing especially playoff or worse yet super bowl games. Just like Barry Bonds their accomplishments are tainted.
College teams lose scholarships. Saying they can not partake in the post season may not be realistic but how about cutting them 10MM off their salary cap next year, 5MM the next and 2.5MM the year after that. It stiff and puts them at a disadvantage just like they put other teams at a disadvantage by stealing signals.

mybills
09-13-2007, 07:10 AM
The camera's may have been removed in the 1st Qtr, but what about the helmet mics? No players allowed in the Pro-Bowl. We'll see how hard they play for Billy knowing that they can't get in. :snicker:

DraftBoy
09-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Have the helmet mics been a confirmed tactic or just another rumor that people believe. As for his punishment lose a 1st, 3rd and 5th round draft choice and the punishment will fit the crime.

djjimkelly
09-13-2007, 07:28 AM
ill go with none of the above i would make a punishment that would seriously impact the patriots. i would lower their salary cap for 2 seasons. now by nothing drastic but it would force some serious roster moves and would actually make an impact on the team.

there is one flaw with this approach 3 years from now it would create a massive amount of space for them. however if the proper numbers where taken from their cap next year and year after it would decimate their roster and nullify all the vets they have right now. basically rendering them like an expansion team come 3 years from now

jamze132
09-13-2007, 07:29 AM
He should have to coach the Bills for 2 weeks.

djjimkelly
09-13-2007, 07:31 AM
He should have to coach the Bills for 2 weeks.

lol
then we would never beat them becuz he would bring a photo copy team with him and take every thought steve fairchilds high school offense has with him

Kenny
09-13-2007, 07:37 AM
While I think taking away the draft picks will probably hurt the organization the most, -I think suspending Bellichick for the rest of the season is the most fair solution.

njsue
09-13-2007, 07:43 AM
When you cheat on an exam you get expelled.

When you cheat in the NFL you should get horse whipped :D

Cntrygal
09-13-2007, 07:44 AM

Ditto

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Where is the "LYNCH HIM" option?? That's my preference.

finfan34
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
two words: gas chamber

Mad Bomber
09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Same here. Since there was no way to vote for just those, I went with "all of the above".

dolphan117
09-13-2007, 12:38 PM
I voted for the draft picks because they hurt the organization more then fines... That being said I would really like to see BB suspended for the rest of the year and the Pats loosing all their draft picks next year along with the team being fined millions of dollars.

I throw in the Money because wining those super bowls (at least one of which is tainted since 05 was the last year Mangini was with the Pats and he is saying he knew this went on from his time there, or the rumors go) made that organization a TON of money. Not just on the actual games but on all the other stuff that successful teams are able to sell, naming right to stadiums, admissions prices that get raised when a team is winning, etc.

Its made them millions on top of millions, if I remember correctly they were number in terms of profit when it came to NFL teams last year according to Forbes.

Mudflap1
09-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Idea 1: Resign immediately, and make Mike Mularkey the head coach for the next 10 years with a no-cut contract.

Idea 2: Forfeit all draft picks next year, and all draft picks they have drafted that are still on the roster for the last five years become immediate free agents and cannot be re-signed by the Pats.

:rofl: that would fix 'em.

Jon

Al the Bills Fan
09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Cut his freakin balls off

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Maybe I should have put "Hire TD as the GM and force BB to work for him". That would surely do the most damage to that team. ;)

Mr. Pink
09-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Suspend Belichick for the rest of the season without pay...dock a few draft picks...just because they were stupid enough to get caught while trying this.

It's not like the Patriots are the only team trying to gain a competitive advantage by stealing signals/plays/calls/etc. And this isn't even limited to football.

njsue
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Cut his freakin balls off

OUCH :roflmao:

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Take away some, if not all, first day picks. All I know is, a few years ago, the Steelers were docked a third round pick for practicing with their shoulder pads in the offseason. If that infraction is worth a third round pick, then using a camera to capture hand signals that can be associated with in-game adjustments (on multiple occasions!), is worth at least a first round pick...if not all first day picks.

Fines are meaningless.
Suspension is meaningless.
Forfeiture creates huge problems for the league's image.
Asterisks next to SB victories is ridiculous.

Hit them where it hurts...take away their future.

DynaPaul
09-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Execute Belichick, Brady, Walt Coleman and all other refs biased towards the Pats via firing squad. Pope Benedict revokes Bruschi's Saint status. Bob Kraft forced to play Bilbo in all musical "Lord of the Rings" plays. Moss shipped back to the Raiders. Championship banners burned in a giant bonfire in downtown Boston.

I coulda been harsher.

Michael82
09-13-2007, 04:34 PM
That's the best punishment IMO! :bf1:

AndreReed83
09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
If these stacking allegations continued to be proven, I think that either the rest of this season or all of next season, the Pats coaches shouldn't be allowed the benefits of their own electronics. No radios or mics. No guys up in the booth. Everyone is down on the field. The wideouts are going to have to run the plays in to Brady.

Besides just filming plays, if it is proven they had been disconnecting the headsets of the opponents and using too many player mics, they don't deserve to the any privelages for a while.

Draft picks being stripped should accompany this.

Michael82
09-13-2007, 05:03 PM
They said on ESPN that the last fine for a team cheating was in Formula 1 racing and they were fined a whopping.....

$100,000,000!!! :shocked:

Michael82
09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
McLaren Mercedes, the leading auto-racing team in the Formula One world championship, was fined $100 million today and excluded from the constructors championship this season, after the International Automobile Federation found the team guilty of cheating by using data obtained from Ferrari, its main rival, to improve its own car.The punishment was by far the harshest in the 57-year history of the sport.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/13/sports/othersports/13cnd-mclaren.html?hp

Novacane
09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Forfeit all thier first day picks next year and suspend BB for 4 games. Forfeiting the Jets game will never happen.