PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.COM reports we might get Tebucky...

Jeff 311
03-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Sounds like a good move to me. But I hope we do not trade out first rounder for him.

The window for that trade temporarily closed with the "franchise deadline" at 4PM on March 14th, 2003. Several people, including ESPN's Len Pasquarelli, are reporting that talks could resume at the annual owner's meeting.

Well, ----- maybe. But I'm told to watch for a new team to emerge in negotiations. The Buffalo Bills GM Tom Donahue is supposedly very interested. Look for the Bills to begin formal talks at the owner's meeting. Donahue, however, has built a reputation as being shrewd in business, so getting a #1 pick in return may not come easy.

But Head Coach Gregg Williams wants to bring stability to his Saftey position. In fact, he employs a version of Buddy Ryan's famed 46 Defense. It's a system that requires very physical and athletic Safeties.

The Bills drafted promising Coy Wire out of Stanford last season to play Strong Safety, but he struggled mightily. He played a LB-like position in college, and may be best suited to play Free Safety. Tebucky Jones may be asked to play a Blaine Bishop-type role at Strong Safety, as Wire slides over to a less demanding (at least in this scheme) Free Safety role.

The Bills main priority is still landing a DT. They currently have an offer on the table to Free Agent DT Sam Adams. But it's considered by some to be a low ball offer, or inadequate. The Bills may even pull the offer off the table altogether, freeing up money and cap space for such a deal then address the DT need through the draft.

Theoretically, the Patriots could slide Lawyer Milloy to Free Safety where he's enjoyed previous success and praise from Bill Belichick. They'd then keep Rodney Harrison at Strong Safety. They may even bring Victor Green back as a valuable sub. Or they may draft a Free Safety/Strong Safety in the late rounds of the draft, as I've previously suggested. But don't rule out the possibility of Jones staying in New England if a favorable deal can't be reached.

Ingtar33
03-23-2003, 12:43 AM
i think this story is old... we just signed a FS... and the earliest dates for this story are from the day we signed the FA...

RedEyE
03-23-2003, 01:10 AM
agreed

The Spaz
03-23-2003, 09:05 AM
Tebuckey jones has always played FS hasn't he? We would never move Coy Wire to FS so Tebuckey Jones could move to SS. Go Bills!

JefftheBillsfan
03-23-2003, 09:19 AM
I would love Tebuck though. Not for a #1 though. A number 2, and we'll talk.

WG
03-23-2003, 09:57 AM
What about Reese then?

Makes no sense now. I agree w/ Ing!

simpletask400
03-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Reese will play the nickel corner, and not FS if we get Tebucky, its that simple.

Probably the biggest reason we signed him is because he's versatile.

The signing of Reese most likely has no bearing on whether we get Tebucky or not.