PDA

View Full Version : Everything is stacked against us this week

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 08:47 AM
-We're not very good to start with
-We've got 3 starting defenders (Ellison, Webster, Simpson) and three key rotational defenders (Denney, Hargrove, Wire) out for the game, and this is from a D that gave up 470 yards last week with 4 of those 6 playing at least part of the game.
-While the offense hasn't been hit nearly as hard with injuries, they struggled last week and will be trying to get on track vs a blitzing, stunting D that brings pressure from every possible direction.
-It's Pittsburgh's home opener and the team and the hometown crowd will be pumped
-We have the stress of the Everett situation.

Honestly, Webster played like garbage so I don't think that will make much difference, but we're definitely feeling the effects of the other injuries.

It'll be a minor miracle if we even keep this one close.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 08:50 AM
the point spread is Buffalo +9 1/2.after seeing a lethargic offense and a Swiss cheese defense,i'm not sure that is enough.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2007, 08:55 AM
If the Bills don't put a pass rush on Big Ben this game could get ugly.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm more worried about stopping Willie Parker.

clumping platelets
09-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I guess the Bills should just not bother going down and playing :rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Bills win.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Bills win.

there is no logical way you can look at the evidence we have and the facts I listed above and come to that conclusion. Homer post.

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 09:31 AM
9.5 IS A GIFT.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 09:32 AM
9.5 IS A GIFT.

maybe for gamblers- it means very little to the team on the field that has to win outright for it to mean anything. Beating the spread every week isn't going to get the Bills into the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2007, 09:33 AM
If the players come in with this attitude they will get destroyed.

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
-We've got 3 starting defenders (Ellison, Webster, Simpson) and three key rotational defenders (Denney, Hargrove, Wire) out for the game, and this is from a D that gave up 470 yards last week with 4 of those 6 playing at least part of the game.
-While the offense hasn't been hit nearly as hard with injuries, they struggled last week and will be trying to get on track vs a blitzing, stunting D that brings pressure from every possible direction.
-It's Pittsburgh's home opener and the team and the hometown crowd will be pumped

Honestly, Webster played like garbage so I don't think that will make much difference, but we're definitely feeling the effects of the other injuries.

NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!

raphael120
09-13-2007, 09:36 AM
NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!

NOBODY CRAPS THE FIELD LIKE THE RECENT BUFFALO BILLS!

Mr. Pink
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
The most teling sign that nobody has mentioned, at least that I've seen, is how visibly shaken Losman is by Everett's injury. Now I fully expect the players to be emotional over it and have some thoughts/concern over their fallen teammate but our starting QB looks downright distraught by it. Saying things like "I don't know if it's even worth it to play this game (football in general)"

Where Losman's head is at come Sunday is a big deal as to whether or not we remain competitive let alone win.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 10:09 AM
If the players come in with this attitude they will get destroyed.

yeah well they get paid millions not to have that attitude but the right attitude isn't enough to overcome those obstacles.

The last buffalo fan
09-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Any given Sunday......................... :gobills:

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
there is no logical way you can look at the evidence we have and the facts I listed above and come to that conclusion. Homer post.

There is no way you can keep your mouth shut for once. tool post.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 11:40 AM
There is no way you can keep your mouth shut for once. tool post.

it's a message board- it would be extremely boring if everyone kept their mouths shut. And do you think that, just for once, you could address the content of my posts instead of just using personal attacks? It's really getting old how you just insult me without ever discussing football.

Whether you like it or not, everything I said is true.

Oaf
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Ever think that it's possible that we pull together because of the Everett situation, not fall apart because of it.
I'm sure the team is thinking, "Let's get this one for Kevin."

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Ever think that it's possible that we pull together because of the Everett situation, not fall apart because of it.
I'm sure the team is thinking, "Let's get this one for Kevin."

It's possible, but with all the other factors working against us, I think it's more likely to just add to the emotional stress. If we didn't have all the injuries and we were playing the Pats or Fish at home, I could see it going the other way.

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
it's a message board- it would be extremely boring if everyone kept their mouths shut. And do you think that, just for once, you could address the content of my posts instead of just using personal attacks? It's really getting old how you just insult me without ever discussing football.

Whether you like it or not, everything I said is true.

um i did address the content of your post. all you do is call peoples posts illogical bc its not your opinion. this has been explained to you many times. did you ever think youre insulting people by saying that they are illogical? but whenever someone says youre being illogical you dismiss it bc that person is just being a so called homer. I do discuss football. Just not with you bc youre a broken record constantly spewing the same verbal fecies.THAT is getting old.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
um i did address the content of your post. all you do is call peoples posts illogical bc its not your opinion. this has been explained to you many times. did you ever think youre insulting people by saying that they are illogical? but whenever someone says youre being illogical you dismiss it bc that person is just being a so called homer. I do discuss football. Just not with you bc youre a broken record constantly spewing the same verbal fecies.THAT is getting old.

First off, it's your opinion that it's getting old- plenty of people engage in discussions with me on here so you seem to be in the minority on that one. Just because you have a problem with something doesn't mean everyone else needs to.

Second, you say I'm saying the same **** over and over again- show me where I made these same points about the Bills vs Steelers in another thread. I haven't, so you're just making up that "broken record" garbage.

Third, plenty of other people repeat stuff over and over again on here and you don't call them out. This has become way too personal for you. There are PLENTY of negative threads started by other posters and you didn't feel the need to go after them.

If I have good reasons why it is illogical, than it is not an insult. I don't know where you got the idea that an opinion cannot be illogical, because it most certainly can be. The Steelers performed much better than us in the opening week, and we have all the factors that I mentioned working against us. In order to conclude that the Bills will win, you have to ignore all that, which IS illogical. The evidence and information that we have does not provide any support for the Bills winning, so it doesn't make sense to say that. But I know you don't want to hear it- I know you think everyone should come to a message board dedicated to a bad football team and discuss the team without discussing how bad they are, but that's simply not going to happen.

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I also like how you address some of the crap you said as "facts"

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Just because you have a problem with something doesn't mean everyone else needs to.

You didn NOT just write that. And you call other people hypocrites!?

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:04 PM
I also like how you address some of the crap you said as "facts"

if they're not facts, address the post and point out what's not a fact.

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Second, you say I'm saying the same **** over and over again- show me where I made these same points about the Bills vs Steelers in another thread. I haven't, so you're just making up that "broken record" garbage.

LMAO. Yeah im making it up. You never repeat the same stuff. WOW, you live in your own little world. And did you really think that i was saying you repeat yourself about the Bills and Steelers? Are you really that big of a mental midget? I was talking about in general.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:05 PM
You didn NOT just write that. And you call other people hypocrites!?

what? This makes no sense whatsoever. You said my comments were getting old and I said that other people don't seem to share your opinion on that. I didn't say or imply that anyone was a hypocrite.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
LMAO. Yeah im making it up. You never repeat the same stuff. WOW, you live in your own little world. And did you really think that i was saying you repeat yourself about the Bills and Steelers? Are you really that big of a mental midget? I was talking about in general.

in case you didn't notice, when I repeat stuff, it's IN RESPONSE TO OTHER POSTERS. If I'm repeating it it's because a) they're ignoring what I said, b) they're repeating what they said as well or c) they didn't read my initial post. See, most people don't have a pathological personal vendetta against me like you do, so they do not go up and down the board scanning every post I make for repeats.

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
read the line you wrote. "just bc you have a problem doesnt mean other people need to" or whatever you said. Coming from a guy who claimed that if he could change just one "homers" mind about whats going on, then youve served your purpose. THAT is how you are a hypocrite.

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
People arent ignoring your posts just bc they dont agree with you OP. You are seriously one of the most closed minded people ive ever come across.

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Im not getting into this circle again. Some people actually have work to do. You have issues. Thats all ill say.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
read the line you wrote. "just bc you have a problem doesnt mean other people need to" or whatever you said. Coming from a guy who claimed that if he could change just one "homers" mind about whats going on, then youve served your purpose. THAT is how you are a hypocrite.

you call me a mental midget, then write **** like this that makes no sense whatsoever?

You call me a mental midget, then accuse me of stating opinions as facts without even being able to demonstrate where I did that?

You call me a mental midget, then accuse me of repeating myself without being able to demonstrate where I did it or addressing the fact that you have no problem with the other posters who constantly repeat themselves.

I'm done with you- I argue with justa and mystic all the time but at least they generally avoid personal insults, discuss football, and don't make baseless accusations. I've never used the ignore feature before- congratulations, you're the first.

I'm here to discuss football- you're hear to insult me and debate tone and attitude rather than content. I've wasted enough time on this immature BS.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
People arent ignoring your posts just bc they dont agree with you OP. You are seriously one of the most closed minded people ive ever come across.

funny that you say that without ever having actually met me. And this is the last thing I will be saying to you, ever.

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
The Bills are going to eek out a victory.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
The Bills are going to eek out a victory.

I have reasons for why I think the Bills are going to get killed- care to elaborate on why you think the Bills will pull it out?

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2007, 12:14 PM
I have reasons for why I think the Bills are going to get killed- care to elaborate on why you think the Bills will pull it out?
Utter determination.

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 12:16 PM
funny that you say that without ever having actually met me. And this is the last thing I will be saying to you, ever.

I dont need to meet you, neither would i ever want to, bc id probably do some rearranging. What else is there to know. Ive got you pretty well pegged. Thank god if that really is the last thing youll say. Although I doubt it. Just like the time you wrote a novel cry for help how you were done posting on this site, but 3 days later were back at it. I stand by my issues claim.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Momma's boy!

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Utter determination.

You think determination makes up for the talent gap, the injuries, the general youth and inexperience on our team, the hostile environment, Pittsburgh's excitement and the stress of the Everett situation?

Now that is truly illogical.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh Shelbyyyyy , they're going at it again

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
You think determination makes up for the talent gap,

Yeah the miracle on ice in the 80's olympics proved nothing

duhbilz
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
There is an ignore button for a reason!!

Bufftp
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
there is no logical way you can look at the evidence we have and the facts I listed above and come to that conclusion.

Ahh the Joy of sport. Sometimes against all odds, all logical conclusions drawn against the "presented facts", the unexpected occurs. It is one of the reason we are drawn to sports.

Logic be dammned.

Go Bills!

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Ahh the Joy of sport. Sometimes against all odds, all logical conclusions drawn against the "presented facts", the unexpected occurs. It is one of the reason we are drwn to sports.

Logic be dammned.

Go Bills!

I'm not saying it's impossible for the Bills to win- I'm just saying that given the information we have at this point, the most likely outcome is a train wreck for the Bills. I'd rather base my predictions on real information than "any given Sunday" or expecting the unexpected.

Bufftp
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm not saying it's impossible for the Bills to win- I'm just saying that given the information we have at this point, the most likely outcome is a train wreck for the Bills. I'd rather base my predictions on real information than "any given Sunday" or expecting the unexpected.
I am a fan.
I don't gamble, I merley have a rooting interest in the game, (not to insinuate that gamble).
I enjoy the game of football.
I root for my beloved Bills.
I enter the game hoping and believing that my team has a chance to win.
I root for them to win.
I have fun.
WIn or lose when the game is over, that is what it was to me, a game, just a game. Entertainment.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I am a fan.
I don't gamble, I merley have a rooting interest in the game, (not to insinuate that gamble).
I root for them to win.
I have fun.
WIn or lose when the game is over, that is what it was to me, a game, just a game. Entertainmet.
:cheers:

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I am a fan.
I root for them to win.
I have fun.
WIn or lose when the game is over, that is what it was to me, a game, just a game. Entertainmet.

people enjoy it on different levels- while the best part is obviously rooting for your team during the game on Sundays, I also enjoy the analyisis and trying to understand the game on another level.

alohabillsfan
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Please don't feed the animals. :monkeyp:

SABuffalo786
09-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Now that is truly illogical.

Well life isn't always logical.

Good ****ing Lord.

Go Bills.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Well life isn't always logical.

Good ****ing Lord.

Go Bills.
well, I'll take the logical opinion over the illogical one every time.

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Nobody gave Appalachian State much of a chance.

Bufftp
09-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Nobody gave Appalachian State much of a chance.
It was illogical going into that game, with many "facts" to pick against appalachian State. Great point EE.

shelby
09-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Ok, Op, so what are you doing this Sunday, since you obviously won't bother to watch the game?

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Ok, Op, so what are you doing this Sunday, since you obviously won't bother to watch the game?

Dora will make him mow the lawn,wash the car,take out the trash,clean the garage,etc............. :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2007, 02:32 PM

To be honest, everything has been stacked against us since 2001....

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM

ah, see, now that's where a lot of you people misjudge me.

I watch every game, and I don't turn it off early no matter how bad it gets. The last one I missed was the closing debacle to the Patriots in 2003 because my sister in law got married at a church in Puerto Rico that was nowhere near a TV, let alone one that could pick up the Bills game (although I will admit there were a handful of times I had to TiVo the game and watch it a little later on the same day).

I don't have to convince myself the Bills are going to win to watch the game or root for the team. What the hell kind of fan only watches the games when they think the team is going to win? That's not very loyal.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Dora will make him mow the lawn,wash the car,take out the trash,clean the garage,etc............. :snicker:

well, there are some advantages to living in an overpopulated area- we don't have a lawn or a garage. (actually we do have a little yard but it's all mulch and plants and brick- no grass).

BAM
09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
My yard is 0.7 acres. Takes nearly an hour to mow. :ill:

Go Bills.

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2007, 02:43 PM

Go Bills.
Some gasoline and a match would solve that problem for a long, long time. :;

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Go Bills.

holy ****, you must have one hell of a mower.

the house I grew up in had about a half acre lot- we had a self propelled gas mower (not a riding one) and it took like two hours (and that was with a pool taking up a big chunk)

BAM
09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
It's nothing special just a 4.5hp, 21" self propelled WHITE mower. It's one of those mulching mowers so at least I don't have to rake.

Go Bills.