PDA

View Full Version : IF the Bills start 0-5

Bill Cody
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I tried to find a team in the history of the league that made the playoffs after starting 0-5 and couldn't find one. In fact I believe only 2 teams have ever made it after going 0-3. I think we have a good chance against the Jets but less against Pitt, NE and Dallas who are all likely playoff teams. That leads into the bye.

At that point JP would appear to be a lame duck QB. He's on the last year of his current deal and if we're going to be drafting early we need to know whether Edwards is the future or if we need to draft another QB. At 0-5 or 1-4 I think you'd need to find out since the games are basically meaningless. I will say if JP is looking solid and we're losing for other reasons maybe you stay with him to the end. But if he's still shaky and we're losing that's the time to make the change IMO.

dannyek71
09-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Why is it all on JP? IF he played great in those 5 games and the defense bit the dust, then why would we be looking to rid ourselves of him?

Night Train
09-13-2007, 10:08 AM
They made changes during the bye week last year. Nothing is stopping the Coaches from doing it again, if they see fit. That applies to ALL positions.

patmoran2006
09-13-2007, 10:40 AM
If they start 0-5, Losman is out going into bye. That's obvious.

Sadly, they dont beat the Jets in week 4 its VERY POSSIBLE

mybills
09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
If they start 0 - 5, my ignore list is gonna be huge!

Bill Cody
09-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Why is it all on JP? IF he played great in those 5 games and the defense bit the dust, then why would we be looking to rid ourselves of him?

Reading is your friend.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
They started 1-5 in 2004 and should have made the playoffs if it wasn't for that WASTE OF SPACE Drew Bledsoe.

bigbub2352
09-13-2007, 11:19 AM
They start 0-5, we better be signin alot of players in the off season, more than they should already, we need talent!, not potential talent

Don't Panic
09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Now this is a depressing thread.

The Jokeman
09-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I can see the Bills stringing Losman around until about Week 12, then they'd have 4 Weeks to study Edwards. Two games at home and two on the road including a divisional rival in the Dolphins.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-13-2007, 11:32 AM
I fart in the general direction of this thread.

The very idea of starting a discussion that is predicated upon complete failure of this team for the year (after one week of play!) seems like something a dolphins fan should do.

:monkeyp: this thread

Oaf
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
We made in '99 starting 0-3.
Flutie Flakes baby! :dance:
Too bad Reed had to eff up that Miami game at the end.

Didn't we almost make it back from 0-4 in 2004?

Mudflap1
09-13-2007, 11:47 AM
If they start 0-5, Losman is out going into bye. That's obvious.

Sadly, they dont beat the Jets in week 4 its VERY POSSIBLE

You're smoking some serious dope if you think Bill Cowher is going to be the head coach of the Buffalo Bills ever. We'd have a better chance of getting Vicki Cowher (his wife).

However, a realistic option I believe would be Marty Ball. Say what you want about him, but the guy wins and would probably get us to the playoffs on multiple occasions. I'm all for it. And he was a good Bill, so he's got ties.

Jon

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
I can see the Bills stringing Losman around until about Week 12, then they'd have 4 Weeks to study Edwards. Two games at home and two on the road including a divisional rival in the Dolphins.

They could very well be 6-6 after 12 games, in which case Trent Edwards wil continue to hold the clipboard.

dannyek71
09-13-2007, 12:06 PM
lets all start assuming they now go 0-16

TacklingDummy
09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
If they start 0-5 you can almost guarantee that it will be 0-6. The Ravens will be tough to beat.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
At this pace the Bills will never win a game again!!!

CSFAN
09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
They're starting 4-1, so no worries.

Pittsburgh's already looking past us, and we all know they're not as good as the score last week indicated.

The Pats are reeling, and will probably just forfeit the game in shame.

The Jets...well, they're the Jets, and Chad is hurting.

Dallas, on TV, AT Buffalo? Done deal.

There you have it: 4-1, no problem.

But, yeah - if they start 0-5, JP's done...

Jan Reimers
09-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Isn't a QB change dependent on how the QB is playing? If we're 0-5 and JP has a QB rating of 110, should we sit him for an untested rookie?

Some people should think before they start a thread, or make a post.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Isn't a QB change dependent on how the QB is playing? If we're 0-5 and JP has a QB rating of 110, should we sit him for an untested rookie?

JPs got a long way to go to improve on his 27th rated RAT.

DraftBoy
09-13-2007, 12:40 PM

Im going to go out on a limb and assume the thread id predicated upon JP continuing that sorry excuse we saw for QB play in week 1, but maybe thats just me thinking before I post. It does go both ways you know.

CSFAN
09-13-2007, 01:09 PM
It's fairly obvious that if we go 0-5, but JP plays lights out, then that factors into a decision & he probably shouldn't be benched.

However, it's unlikely he plays lights out & we still lose all of those games. The stretch up to the bye is his biggest & most important test: can he lead a team to victory over quality teams like the Steelers, Pats & Cowboys? He put up decent stats last year against mediocre teams, and at a time when our success or lack of it didn't matter anymore.

If we're 0-5, or 1-4, and JP plays poorly or even just fairly against those teams, then that's it. We can't keep losing time....

DynaPaul
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM

Pittsburgh's already looking past us, and we all know they're not as good as the score last week indicated.

Dallas a done deal? If you haven't noticed we play like total crap in primetime games. Better change that to an optimistic 3 - 2.

patmoran2006
09-13-2007, 01:43 PM
I dont know too many QB's who have played "lights out" and their team still started 0-5.

If the Bills are to win a few games, it will be because of Losman. If they are 0-5, it will be among other things, mainly because of Losman.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 02:01 PM

he has 4 more games to silence the critics for his play because he didn't do it in the Opener.

BillsOwnAll
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Why are you worried about starting 0-5...its week 2.. seriously..ii dont get it. you forsee 4 straight loses. I mean if you cant see us winning another game you should goto vegas and bet your life on it rather then just talking about it hear. i mean thats if you really think we wont win a game..

Oaf
09-13-2007, 02:04 PM

Lol, wooord. All my ZBs to you if it's true. (Yes, all 300 of them. How does one get thousands of them by the way?)

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 02:14 PM

first of all,the QB rating is the most useless stat.that argument was used back in the Rob Johnson days.look how far he took us.

second,i don't think Losman should be yanked if we go 0-5.he caught fire after the bye week,last year,and it could happen again.every Losman fan is clucking around here,like the sky is falling,when a QB change is mentioned.

colin
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
if losman has 1 or 2 more weeks like last week then i don't think he plays againt the jets.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
if losman has 1 or 2 more weeks like last week then i don't think he plays againt the jets.

i hope he does play against the Jets.the tears of the Lickers would flood this place and i don't think the BillsZone has flood insurance.but if this does happen,i hope somebody lends this place a submersible pump because my canoe is in the shop.

dannyek71
09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Well I apparently dont understand football like most people. Denver has possibly the best CB duo in the league and were guarding against the long ball. JP did not try to force anything into this "prevent secondary" thus throwing for a small number of yardage.

If he tried to force passes and threw INTs, then we'd be calling for his head as well.