PDA

View Full Version : My random game observations

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah, way late I know.

1. This was a rowdy crowd in my section. Ugh. But the chick next to me was hot.
2. Lynch is going to be good. Very good. His 4th and 1 run was great. Mc****** would have lost a yard instead of gaining 2.
3. Whitner is a beast. If he plays like this all season, all of the talk of him being a wasted pick at 8th overall should stop.
4. Poz is going to be a beast too. It will take some time.
5. How the hell did JP miss a wide open deep guy???? He almost always hits those.
6. As soon as Parrish caught the punt, one could see he was gone. The wall was set-up perfectly. Meathead or I could have ran that one back.
7. Lynch needed more than 20 carries. He is a rhythm back who gets better as he gets more carries. That needs to be stressed more.
8. Throw deep more early in the game.
9. Bailey and Bly are awesome.
10. Peters will not be an all-pro until he cuts back on his penalties.
11. Kelsay made some nice plays, but his miss on Cutler was horrendous.
12. JP had time to throw, but did not accomplish what he needed too. Hoepfully this is a one game regression for him.
13. Jauron won a challenge! Congrats!
14. Where was Peerless?
15. Where was Evans?
16. Use A-train sparingly. I can see 3rd downs, because Lynch will be a good blocker, but sucks for now.
17. Brian Moorman is a punting god.
18. Jason Whittle at FB???????

bigbub2352
09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Whittle at Full back was a shock to me as well, i could see him on goaline do that, but in the middle of the feild no way, cause when he is in the game it is obvious we r runnin the ball, were was the play action, passes to the rb's out of the backfeild, TEs were not used at all, Peerless is useless, we r in serious need of some WR help next year

The last buffalo fan
09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah, way late I know.

1. This was a rowdy crowd in my section. Ugh. But the chick next to me was hot. Dude??

:up: Thanks man!!

Mr. Pink
09-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I like 18 in short yardage situations. Whittle on the short yardage being a lead blocker would work very well.

BlackMetalNinja
09-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Here's mine...

Looking over and seeing Lecter and Dude with 2 security guys and a pair of handcuffs in their immediate vicinity made me laugh... hard.

Coach Sal
09-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Good stuff. But seriously, you know both of you would have been caught at about the 10 anyway.............

Meathead or I could have ran that one back.

:D

DraftBoy
09-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, way late I know.

If you dont get her number you get your man card revoked you know

njsue
09-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Pozilla :love:

Oaf
09-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Run a swing pass to Whittle sometime, no one will expect that.

Too bad, it'd have to be a 7-step dropback. :snicker:

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Inspite of being held quite a few times. POZ did an admirable job on his first game. He also seems to be able to shed some blockers while Fletch would've been taken out of the play .POZ just needs to start creating TO's.

Don't Panic
09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
2. Lynch is going to be good. Very good. His 4th and 1 run was great. Mc****** would have lost a yard instead of gaining 2.
3. Whitner is a beast. If he plays like this all season, all of the talk of him being a wasted pick at 8th overall should stop.
5. How the hell did JP miss a wide open deep guy???? He almost always hits those.
6. As soon as Parrish caught the punt, one could see he was gone. The wall was set-up perfectly. Meathead or I could have ran that one back.
7. Lynch needed more than 20 carries. He is a rhythm back who gets better as he gets more carries. That needs to be stressed more.
16. Use A-train sparingly. I can see 3rd downs, because Lynch will be a good blocker, but sucks for now.

:cheers: Couldn't agree more.

Tatonka
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
here is another observation..

what the **** is up with the injuries? does god hate the bills?

i cant remember a single game where we had as many serious injuries.. and with a fragile roster filled with youth, inexperience, and lack of depth already, that just sucks..

i guess ****ing webster will never shake the "injury prone" tag.

that game was a douche.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Meathead or I could have ran that one back.

MH can't even catch the ball if it was handed to him.

R. Rich
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah, way late I know.

12. JP had time to throw, but did not accomplish what he needed too. Hoepfully this is a one game regression for him.
14. Where was Peerless?
15. Where was Evans?

Here's what I said 'bout the game when I got back from our trip:

The Game:

As we were leaving the stadium, I heard this gem from a disgruntled Bills fan, "Was that a game? Nope." I hear ya, buddy.

Now, let me preface this a bit here. I went into this one really concerned 'bout the Bills' lines, as they were the units that were the worst I saw during the few preseason moments I watched. I also wondered why everyone was jumping all over Losman, thinking that I've seen his decision making improve and how he seemed ready for prime time this season. Of course, I noticed that the special teams were not only ready for prime time now, but were already in midseason form. I saw some good things in one rookie (Posluszny) and not really enough in another (Lynch) to form a solid opinion on what to expect come regular season. Beyond these observations, I was just gonna find out what we had. Well...

Offensively, here's what I think:

* We have a running back that can not only make people miss and break plays for longer gains, but I saw Marshawn Lynch run w/ more heart than Willis McGahee could ever hope to have. His TD run was a work of art, only outdone (in my opinion) by the gutsy short yardage run to pick up the first down. From a guy who wasn't that big and could be a bit of a reach (love those draft experts), that was huge.

* Playcalling? Let's just shut up 'bout the bomb to Evans on 3rd down. I thought it was a solid play that was 'bout a yard short of being the dagger in the heart of the Broncos. For most of this game, I think they called a good game, though I still wonder what was w/ keeping A Train in for a drive that ended up being a total waste instead of using the rookie who was carving up Denver a bit more.

* Josh Reed made some nice catches when called upon, and Roscoe Parrish also showed some nice potential as a wideout in this one. No, they're not Houshmandzadeh or Boldin, but they are solid compliments to a potential All Pro. Speaking of, only 2 catches for 5 yards? Disappointing game from Lee, but I'm not off the bandwagon. Anyone who is based on that game vs a secondary that features the best cornerback in pro football who is surrounded by some very good players is just nuts. He'll rebound nicely, I'm sure.

* Losman. Wow. The guy flat out stunk in this one. Bad throws, poor decision making, and seemingly no composure @ all. Now don't go overboard though. I'm not calling for his execution by firing squad nor would I call for Edwards to replace him just yet (I'm a Bills fan, not a Browns fan). I was very disappointed in his performance though. I saw much better play out of him in preseason. Was it a mirage? I hope it wasn't, but I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.

* Easily the biggest surprise of the game for me was the play of the best unit on the field Sunday other than the special teams: the offensive line! For most of the game (trailed off a bit late in the 4th), Losman had time to throw and there were some nice holes for Lynch in the running game. I actually saw Langston Walker, who looked like he was sporting some Luca Brasi footwear during the preseason, leading on some well designed outside running plays! Butler looks to be solid @ the right guard spot, and Dockery was just outstanding. Fowler didn't get manhandled ala last year's debacle vs the Ravens and Jason Peters was also very strong, though he did have a few plays where he struggled. Yeah folks, the guy's good, but he's not Superman just yet.

And as for the defense....

* The undermanned secondary really took a beating due to injuries, but weren't up to snuff beforehand, either. Ko Simpson still was getting to plays late (did that a lot last year, too) and Jim Leonhard was so far off the ball that I wonder if the coaches just told him to "stand back there....no, even further....keep going......more....", kinda like the last kid to get picked for a sandlot baseball game. And this kid got a TD saving pick off of Jay "He Was Like Elway In This Game" Cutler? Before the arm injury, Webster was being abused by Javon Walker and the seemingly indefensible new trick play that Shanahan came up w/ called the quick slant. McGee was there, I know he was. I saw that amazing kick return he had, so I know he was there. Who was that guy who couldn't hold onto the football and dropped those picks? I thought Thomas Smith was no longer on the team. I think Whitner had the best performance of the secondary, though it wasn't anything spectacular. Still, nice to be able to rely on "The Reach" a bit.

* Alan Alda, Wayne Rogers, and Mike Farrell have nothing on our LB corps. As if the loss of Keith Ellison wasn't bad enough, huh? Damn. Haggan and DiGiorgio did what they could, but OLB opposite Crowell is going to be an issue. On the plus side, I may have been right on the player I said PRE DRAFT was going to be this year's Randy Moss or Warren Sapp (in that he'd slip for stupid reasons and teams would regret it over time): one Paul Posluszny. Yeah, I happen to be a PENN STATE fan (anyone know if they won on Saturday or not?), but after Sunday, any of you non PSU fans become believers yet? Maybe he's just another overrated, 1 time Butkus award winning, 2 time Bednarik award winning, skinny legged bust. We'll see.

* One of the biggest disappointments in this game was when the Bills got a beauty of a punt from Brian Moorman (still the best player on the team) and squandered it by letting the Broncos run an option play out of the end zone. Disgusting.

* Sorry Cajun, you know you're my boyee and all, but your boy Kyle is killing this team! I think I'd rather watch reality TV or even another clip of the train wreck that is now Britney Spears than watch Kyle get blasted 6 yards off the ball again. For those of you who have "watched the game film 73 times already", can you tell me if there were ANY pressures from the interior D linemen in this game? The McCargo sack? The one he got after Cutler had time to scan the field, and then roll out to the right side....and then come back toward the middle? Way to make the QB get rid of it quick.

* Speaking of that, uh Mr Jauron, when you ran this scheme in Chicago during your 13-3, Coach of the Year season, who were those 2 svelte, smallish, quick DTs you employed? I can't recall...

trapezeus
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
good call about the 4th down run without his helment. i almost forgot about that. it was gritty seeing that a. he lost the helmet, and b. contact was made behind the line of scrimmage.

they went on to take a sack and miss a FG on that play. Ugh!

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, way late I know.

14. Where was Peerless?
15. Where was Evans?

19.RockStar puking in the Eucker's.

Michael82
09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Here's mine...

Looking over and seeing Lecter and Dude with 2 security guys and a pair of handcuffs in their immediate vicinity made me laugh... hard.
yeah, and then once you pointed it out to me, it made me laugh too! :snicker: