PDA

View Full Version : Reason for the loss!

Patrick76777
09-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Keys to the game.

1. The defense isn’t great. They’re going to give up big chunks of yards between the 20’s. We really need the defense to play strong in the red zone and try to hold teams to field goals.

Check! The defense held Denver to 15 points (3 FG’s, 1 TD).

2. The special teams has to be a huge part of the game. We need big returns to set up the offense (or score) and we need to win the field position battle.

Check! Moorman put a punt on the 1 yard line, Parrish took one to the house and McGee had a nice game. Plus, the coverage teams took care of business.

3. Rookie running back Lynch needs to have a nice game.

Check! 90 yards and a beautiful touchdown run in which he carried about 3 broncos into the endzone.

4. We need JP to manage the game, keep the defense off the field, hit some intermediate throws to WR’s (Maybe just one). Basically, we need JP to play like a vet QB in a big game.

Yeah, I guess this one didn’t happen!

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
:bf1:

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2007, 11:27 AM
The lickers will say that they should have called plays that JP could have completed.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 11:29 AM
they should've called plays that JP could've completed

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2007, 11:30 AM
No good licker. :down:

Patrick76777
09-13-2007, 11:30 AM
The lickers will say that they should have called plays that JP could have completed.

Yeah, instead the coaches told him to throw 2 yard passes every play.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 11:33 AM
they should've told him to run for 3rds and 5, Hell ,if Cutler can JP could do better.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2007, 11:40 AM

Exactly, why would they do that during a game. Look for the open man and throw was the call and JP in his haste looked a few yards ahead. People we're open longer but Mr. Scramble was too busy running from footsteps that weren't there.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2007, 11:43 AM

4. We need JP to manage the game, keep the defense off the field, hit some intermediate throws to WR’s (Maybe just one). Basically, we need JP to play like a vet QB in a big game.

Thank you Patrick, you actually put in in perfect terms. The only key ingredient we needed to get the win was better ball management by the offense. If that horse came in , we win it. JP failed in nearly every chance he had to keep the offense on the field, shame.

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
They called a longball on the most CRUCIAL play of the game to salt it of which he overthrew the WIDE open receiver. Wasn't the longball supposed to be JP's bread and butter?

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Keys to the game.

Watch it Pat, you're going to get the lickers all stirred up again.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 11:51 AM
They called a longball on a VERY crucial 3rd and 5 to salt the game of which he overthrew the WIDE open receiver. Wasn't the longball supposed to be JP's bread and butter?

see BF1 post.

I'll bite anyways. When JP and Evans connect with the long ball, they both get credit. When they both miss they should both be blamed.

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Who gave Ingtar Pat's password?

Patrick76777
09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
They called a longball on the most CRUCIAL play of the game to salt it of which he overthrew the WIDE open receiver. Wasn't the longball supposed to be JP's bread and butter?

Can't really overthrow Evans and I don't think he did. Evans was heading towards the right corner of the endzone. As he's running, you can tell that the ball is thrown behind him because Evans has to turn the other way. In doing so, he loses the ball and has to throw both arms out hoping that the ball would hit them. If JP keeps the ball out in front of Evans, I think he makes the play.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Exactly, why would they do that during a game. Look for the open man and throw was the call and JP in his haste looked a few yards ahead. People we're open longer but Mr. Scramble was too busy running from footsteps that weren't there.

The complaint has usually been that JP has been coached to stay in the pocket and not allowed to scramble as much as he should.

I don't understand Mr. Scramble.

How many times did he scramble on Sunday?

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Can't really overthrow Evans and I don't think he did. Evans was heading towards the right corner of the endzone. As he's running, you can tell that the ball is thrown behind him because Evans has to turn the other way. In doing so, he loses the ball and has to throw both arms out hoping that the ball would hit them. If JP keeps the ball out in front of Evans, I think he makes the play.
It's both their fault.

mchurchfie
see BF1 post.

I'll bite anyways. When JP and Evans connect with the long ball, they both get credit. When they both miss they should both be blamed.
Evans held up his end, he got WIDE open. What more does he have to do, run back to the pocket and help knucklehead throw the ball correctly??

Earthquake Enyart
He either threw it over the wrong shoulder or the wind took it.

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 11:58 AM
It's both their fault.Boo! Shame on you Justa.:D:

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 11:59 AM
You just gave the lickers another excuse, now they'll blame it on the wind.:ill:

RockStar36

The wind has nothing to do with it. You and I both know that there is never any wind in Ralph Wilson Stadium. Quit making excuses licker!!

Earthquake Enyart
It's both their fault.
Don't forget to blame the coach too for calling that play.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Evans held up his end, he got WIDE open. What more does he have to do, run back to the pocket and help knucklehead throw the ball correctly??

Oh puhlease. No one here can confirm that JP didn't throw the ball where he was suppose to or not. It's a Long ball.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Don't forget to blame the coach too for calling that play.
no, it was a great call

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh puhlease. No one here can confirm that JP didn't throw the ball where he was suppose to or not. It's a Long ball.The good ones get it to the receiver, sometimes even if they're not that wide open. The Rooks just throw it to a designated spot to cover their confused asses.

The Jokeman
09-13-2007, 12:05 PM
To me my biggest concern with JP on Sunday was he seemed gunshy. As keep remember seeing him double pump balls and not being decisive throwing the ball. I feel the long ball to Lee was a poor call, I"d much rather seen a makeable pass for a few yards to Reed. Of course also wondered why A-train was getting work late in the game when Lynch looked like was getting better as the game wore on.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 12:07 PM
The good ones get it to the receiver, sometimes even if they're not that wide open. The Rooks just throw it to a designated spot to cover their confused asses.

Say what you want about JP but even you have to agree he is good at the long ball. One miss in how many attempts? Give the guy like an ounce of credit on something man.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
The good ones get it to the receiver, sometimes even if they're not that wide open. The Rooks just throw it to a designated spot to cover their confused asses.
haha! I guess everyone else sucks in the league since JP and Evans was no.1 in the entire league last year in the long ball.

You can blame JP all you want, maybe Evans wasn't where he was suppose to be. It was both their fault.

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Say what you want about JP but even you have to agree he is good at the long ball. One miss in how many attempts? Give the guy like an ounce of credit on something man.
Nope. Evans made him look pretty good on a lot of them.:::

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:13 PM

haha! Okay.

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 12:22 PM
JP and Evans was no.1 in the entire league last year in the long ball.

His only claim to fame. Teams aren't going to let those two run wild anymore, refer to last week. JP will actually have to read and pick apart the defenses now, we're in deep ****.:ill:

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
His only claim to fame.
so you admit the rest of the league sucks :up:

Teams aren't going to let those two run wild anymore, refer to last week. JP will actually have to read and pick apart the defenses now, we're in deep ****.:ill:

PAWISH. PAWISH,er I mean Parrish!!!

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM

I remember the one vs. Houston where JP slipped and still got off a perfect deep ball right into Evans hands.

Wait, that was against Houston. They suck. What was I thinking.

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
so you admit the rest of the league sucks :up:

Nope, they all have a better short to intermediate passing game.:up:

PAWISH. PAWISH,er I mean Parrish!!!
:hi5:

M
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Well, I'm going to blame it on McGee for dropping to 2 presents (should have been INTs) from Cutler.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Nope, they all have a better short to intermediate passing game.:up::
we're talking about the long ball, why you....

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I remember the one vs. Houston where JP slipped and still got off a perfect deep ball right into Evans hands.

Wait, that was against Houston. They suck. What was I thinking.
Houston being the key word.:up: He didn't even slip last Sunday and he still didn't connect.:ill:

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 12:56 PM

:roflmao:

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Houston being the key word.:up: He didn't even slip last Sunday and he still didn't connect.:ill:
maybe he should've slipped.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
The complaint has usually been that JP has been coached to stay in the pocket and not allowed to scramble as much as he should.

I don't understand Mr. Scramble.

How many times did he scramble on Sunday?

the OL did a great job on some plays that he could have tailgated in the pocket.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 01:02 PM

the only thing slipping is JP's performance. :down:

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 01:02 PM
the only thing slipping is JP's performance. :down:

I'm still in your head huh?

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Im thinking.....:ill:

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
His only claim to fame. Teams aren't going to let those two run wild anymore, refer to last week. JP will actually have to read and pick apart the defenses now, we're in deep ****.:ill:

:help!:

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm still in your head huh?

you're not denying my last quote so it must be true. :up:

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
you're not denying my last quote so it must be true. :up:
I never denied it in the first place. DUH!

and you're not denying my last quote so it must be true. :up:

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I never denied it in the first place. DUH!

and you're not denying my last quote so it must be true. :up:

i already answered it before.stop being a repetitive troll. :shakeno:

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
:lolpoint:
i already answered it before.stop being a repetitive troll. :shakeno: