PDA

View Full Version : WGR reports Losman taking tragedy VERY hard.

patmoran2006
09-13-2007, 01:41 PM
WGR's Paul Hamilton reports that JP Losman is deeply disturbed by what happened to Everett, he's had a hard time dealing with it and doesnt looked focus at practice.

He even went as far as to suggest that if Losman is unable to focus in Friday's practice that Edwards should start for one game.

That's a really touchy situation. Some people handle this kind of thing better than others. You can't rip into a guy for caring deeply about someone in his "extended" family. I've thought about it and I would have a hell of time trying to lock into a football game myself if it were me.

Understood these guys are paid great money to do a job, but for anyone to think this won't effect them, some more than others, is ludricous.

No matter what happens with Losman as long as he's the starting quarterback, you MUST respect the man for what he's doing for the community and how much he cares about his teammates. Hamilton said he has NEVER seen Losman this down.

carybillsfan
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I saw his interview on Sports Center last night and he did'nt even pick up his head to look at the cameras. He was wearing a baseball cap and you couldn't see his face.

casdhf
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Given the recovery Everett has made in the last few days, you think Losman would be ready to light the world on fire.

patmoran2006
09-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Looking and listening to him, doesnt sound like Losman is buying that Everett is getting a lot better; especially after visiting him on Tuesday.

The last buffalo fan
That Hamilton and WGR, are horse crap. The more they dislike a player, the more I like him. :up:

SABURZFAN
i can hear the excuses now if Losman does terrible this Sunday. :shakeno:

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 01:46 PM
That Hamilton and WGR, are horse crap. The more they dislike a player, the more I like him. :up:

isn't time for you to take a siesta? :snicker:

patmoran2006
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I am VERY MUCH for Trent Edwards being the starting QB if this is a lost season..

But I feel for JP. He wears his heart on his sleeve. it's hard for him to deal with this. I dont think his performance will have anything to do with it once the adrenalin kicks in.

The last buffalo fan
09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
isn't time for you to take a siesta? :snicker:

After reading all this "realistic" crap about the Bills and Losman, it is not a bad idea after all. Thanks man. :up:

bigbub2352
09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
He has to be a professional about this, he is being paid millions of dollars, and from an ex-football player myself, u have to realize that hit could happen on every play in every game including little league, Think about how many games are played every weekend across our great nation, it is terrible what happend to him, and others that it happend to, but he has a job to do, and as much as i appreciate his feelings and what he has done for the area, the other 31 Qbs in this league will strap it up on sunday like it never happeded, and that goes for all the players,
Dont get me wrong it is a horrible tragedy, but for Hamilton to suggest that is Bull **** he is an *******, go cover hockey buddy with his cocky ass attitude, u mean to tell me that cant find anybody better than him

patmoran2006
09-13-2007, 01:53 PM
WGR likes Hamilton cause he has no problems ripping into any player.

He is a hockey guy though, why he's covering the Bills is beyond me.

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM

And I can hear it being downplayed if he does well too.

Mitchy moo
He even went as far as to suggest that if Losman is unable to focus in Friday's practice that Edwards should start for one game.

Edwards will never sit back down if he gets his shot this weekend.

SABURZFAN
After reading all this "realistic" crap about the Bills and Losman, it is not a bad idea after all. Thanks man. :up:

:hi5:

and lay off of the Mexican beer.that stuff will rot your gut. :snicker:

Michael82

Because WGR is run by a bunch of ****ing morons! They have the best Bills beat reporter right on their staff in Jeff Morrison. But they have him doing the 20-20 sports. :ill:

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Saw JP on NFLN last night and felt the same way. He looked like a guy who has more money than he will ever spend wondering why he's taking a chance ending up in a wheelchair.

mybills
09-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Sure, put in an inexperienced rookie 3rd string QB. That'll really help. :ill:

Were they asking him a bunch of dumb questions?

Michael82
09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I watched him on TV the other day. JP is really depressed from this. Hopefully he will visit Kevin again, when he's awake, so Kevin can tell JP that everything will be okay and that will be the jolt that JP needs to snap out of it and play his ass off on Sunday and beat the Steelers.... :pray:

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I watched him on TV the other day. JP is really depressed from this. Hopefully he will visit Kevin again, when he's awake, so Kevin can tell JP that everything will be okay and that will be the jolt that JP needs to snap out of it and play his ass off on Sunday and beat the Steelers.... :pray:
Or not.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Sure, put in an inexperienced rookie 3rd string QB. That'll really help. :ill:

Were they asking him a bunch of dumb questions?

I agree that Edwards isn't the answer right now, but he's 2nd string. He can't be 3rd string because he and Losman are the only QB's on the roster.

BAM
09-13-2007, 02:10 PM
It's all a ploy to trick the Stillers. He's just fine. I see a 275 yard passing day with 2 touchdowns on his horizon.

colin
09-13-2007, 02:11 PM

you mean like 97 yards total and an int on a screen?

mybills
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
I agree that Edwards isn't the answer right now, but he's 2nd string. He can't be 3rd string because he and Losman are the only QB's on the roster.
Eakin's gone?

mybills
09-13-2007, 02:13 PM
It's all a ploy to trick the Stillers. He's just fine. I see a 275 yard passing day with 2 touchdowns on his horizon.
That'll trick Skooby, too.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
More proof that Losman does not have the necessary grit to handle being a NFL QB.
You have to be able to channel your emotions.
In high school, one of my closest friends (he the starting center, I the starting right guard) went down with a very similar injury. He did not have any paralysis but could never play football again. Yes it was tough to get over, but from then on we played for him. We cleaned up shop for the remainder of the year.
We made him part of what was going on even when he couldn't be there.

JP's immaturity is really showing here, and although I feel bad for Kevin Everett, I have no sympathy for Losman feeling sorry for himself. If he has any question as to if he wants to play football anymore, he should just quit, because if that is the case, he obviously doesn't truly love the game. Injuries are a big part of the game, this was a freak injury.....you pray for and support the injured player...and move on with your job.

mchurchfie
It is admirable of the way he feels and shows he has a really good heart but it is time to sac up and refocus. He is one of the captains and leaders on the team and has to remain strong for the rest of the players. Moping around isn't going to do anyone any good.

Mr. Pink
Eakin's gone?

Practice Squad.

duhbilz
09-13-2007, 02:15 PM
WGR's Paul Hamilton reports that JP Losman is deeply disturbed by what happened to Everett, he's had a hard time dealing with it and doesnt looked focus at practice.

That's a really touchy situation. Some people handle this kind of thing better than others. You can't rip into a guy for caring deeply about someone in his "extended" family. I've thought about it and I would have a hell of time trying to lock into a football game myself if it were me.

Understood these guys are paid great money to do a job, but for anyone to think this won't effect them, some more than others, is ludricous.

No matter what happens with Losman as long as he's the starting quarterback, you MUST respect the man for what he's doing for the community and how much he cares about his teammates. Hamilton said he has NEVER seen Losman this down.
If this is true it sounds to me like JP is looking to find a way out of a poor performance this week. I understand having compasion for someone, but the news has gone from grim to quite hopeful for Everett. No need to dwell on something you had nothing to do with or can change. It's not like JP lead him into the injury with a bad pass. This does not sound good for where his head needs to be Sunday.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
you mean like 97 yards total and an int on a screen?

sounds like horrible execution too.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Eakin's gone?

Practice Squad- he doesn't dress for games unless they activate him on game day.

shelby
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
i've had a difficult time focusing on work and housework this week after what happened to Kevin Everett, and he wasn't my teammate.

There is no excuse for J.P. not to execute well this Sunday, but he is a human being, and i think people should lay off him until they see how he performs this weekend.

njsue
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Losman will rally his troops to kick Pittsburgh's butt! :bad:

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Eakin's gone?

He is on the practice squad.

Elminster
09-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Practice Squad- he doesn't dress for games unless they activate him on game day.
Or if Losman AND Edwards gets hurt, IIRC. Then we can activate him right away as an emergency measure, or something like that. Seriously though, I love how you guys are judging JP's performance already. But, then again, I shouldn't be surprised, it's the same old bunch of haters...

SABURZFAN
Eakin's gone?

he's on the practice squad. :snicker:

Dr. Lecter
More proof that Losman does not have the necessary grit to handle being a NFL QB.
You have to be able to channel your emotions.
In high school, one of my closest friends (he the starting center, I the starting right guard) went down with a very similar injury. He did not have any paralysis but could never play football again. Yes it was tough to get over, but from then on we played for him. We cleaned up shop for the remainder of the year.
We made him part of what was going on even when he couldn't be there.

JP's immaturity is really showing here, and although I feel bad for Kevin Everett, I have no sympathy for Losman feeling sorry for himself. If he has any question as to if he wants to play football anymore, he should just quit, because if that is the case, he obviously doesn't truly love the game. Injuries are a big part of the game, this was a freak injury.....you pray for and support the injured player...and move on with your job.

Immaturity??????

There was leigt fear that Everett could DIE. Losman is not feeling sorry for himself, rather he is concerned about a teammate and friend who still might be in wheelchair for life and still faces potential life-threatening side effects.

And your friend did not have a similar injury if he did not have any paralysis. Maybe the immaturity was on your part, for being able to go on with no second thoughts.

Your are comparing two way different situations.

njsue
09-13-2007, 02:26 PM
i've had a difficult time focusing on work and housework this week after what happened to Kevin Everett, and he wasn't my teammate.

There is no excuse for J.P. not to execute well this Sunday, but he is a human being, and i think people should lay off him until they see how he performs this weekend.

:up:

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Or if Losman AND Edwards gets hurt, IIRC. Then we can activate him right away as an emergency measure, or something like that. Seriously though, I love how you guys are judging JP's performance already. But, then again, I shouldn't be surprised, it's the same old bunch of haters...

don't lump me in with those guys.

I'm not happy with how JP played at all but I want to see him play it out a while longer. If he plays this way through the by and we're 1-6 largely because of him, then maybe it's time to play Edwards. But for the moment, it's JP's job to lose. I don't think we should bench him until the season's a lost cause, and even then we should only bench him if it's his poor play that got us to that state (although, to be honest, I dont' see how we could get to that state with decent QB play).

Elminster
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
don't lump me in with those guys.

I'm not happy with how JP played at all but I want to see him play it out a while longer. If he plays this way through the by and we're 1-6 largely because of him, then maybe it's time to play Edwards. But for the moment, it's JP's job to lose. I don't think we should bench him until the season's a lost cause, and even then we should only bench him if it's his poor play that got us to that state (although, to be honest, I dont' see how we could get to that state with decent QB play). I'm not. I'm sorry if it looked that way from quoting you.

mybills
09-13-2007, 02:30 PM
he's on the practice squad. :snicker:

Who is? :snicker:

Mr. Pink
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
I [posted this in a different thread about concerns this morning....since it's on this topic, I'm just copying and pasting it over.

The most teling sign that nobody has mentioned, at least that I've seen, is how visibly shaken Losman is by Everett's injury. Now I fully expect the players to be emotional over it and have some thoughts/concern over their fallen teammate but our starting QB looks downright distraught by it. Saying things like "I don't know if it's even worth it to play this game (football in general)"

Where Losman's head is at come Sunday is a big deal as to whether or not we remain competitive let alone win.

duhbilz
09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Where Losman's head is at come Sunday is a big deal as to whether or not we remain competitive let alone win.
The most important aspect of being a QB is being a leader, you need to be mentally strong to convince others to follow you. If JP is making his feelings known to all, it's a weakness, he needs to keep his feelings to those closest to him, when he takes the field he needs to look like nothing can shake him, even if he is upset about what happened to Everett. You want JP to be upset about his teammate it shows compassion, you just don't want him to show it to the world.

Philagape
09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
This is his biggest test as a leader. Whatever he does with his arm and legs, his career could hinge on this game for how he responds mentally.

As traumatic as the Everett injury is, the game must go on and players must focus. It takes a special mentality to do that. The last thing Everett would want is his injury to be an excuse for anything.

duhbilz
09-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Maybe JP lights up the Steelers, the more the Steelers think JP won't, the better it is for the Bills. Time will tell.

guy
09-13-2007, 03:14 PM

No matter what happens with Losman as long as he's the starting quarterback, you MUST respect the man for what he's doing for the community and how much he cares about his teammates. Hamilton said he has NEVER seen Losman this down. YOU KNOW WHAT, IF WGR AND P.H. SAY JP IS SHOT, WOW, MAYBE JP SHOULD JUST QUIT ALTOGETHER...... WHY DONT THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THIS BOARD PUT ALLL THIS JP CRAP INTO ONE BOX..PLEASE

HHURRICANE
09-13-2007, 03:19 PM
I don't really believe that Everett is the guy to tell JP to "win one for me." Some people see bad things and say "glad it's not me" and other's say "what if it was me."

njsue
09-13-2007, 03:32 PM
What JP Losman is going through is a natural emotion in reaction to a close teamate. We would feel the same way.

He will get through the shock and kick Pittsburgh's butt!!!!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Immaturity??????

There was leigt fear that Everett could DIE. Losman is not feeling sorry for himself, rather he is concerned about a teammate and friend who still might be in wheelchair for life and still faces potential life-threatening side effects.

And your friend did not have a similar injury if he did not have any paralysis. Maybe the immaturity was on your part, for being able to go on with no second thoughts.

Your are comparing two way different situations.

Yes, he did have a similar injury, I guess you didn't earn your doctorate in neurosurgery, did you? Spinal injuries may or may not result in paralysis. Although it is a frequent occurance, it is not a direct corollary. Notice I did not say my friend had "the same" injury, or "an identical" injury. It was similar in that there was dislocation of and damage to the spinal column.

As to your comment that Losman is not feeling sorry for himself, well...you are just wrong. He is being immature. He should be enough of a man to deal with this-period.

njsue
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Christopher Reeves died from his injury time after.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I didn't look to much into this when I saw the interview yesterday because I figured it was a natural thing.

I saw my best friend in a hospital bed after a near fatal car crash (one I technically should have been in) and it messed with my head for a little while. But once I saw him getting better everything seemed to fix itself.

Don't Panic
09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
This is starting to shape up to be that moment down the road when you look back and either say "it all went wrong" or "it all came together" for JP. Which one it'll be has yet to be determined. Interesting time to be a Bills fan.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes, he did have a similar injury, I guess you didn't earn your doctorate in neurosurgery, did you? Spinal injuries may or may not result in paralysis. Although it is a frequent occurance, it is not a direct corollary. Notice I did not say my friend had "the same" injury, or "an identical" injury. It was similar in that there was dislocation of and damage to the spinal column.

As to your comment that Losman is not feeling sorry for himself, well...you are just wrong. He is being immature. He should be enough of a man to deal with this-period.

Wow dude. Classy. :up:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM

exactly, They should have Jeff Morrison doing the Bills coverage that's what he did on WNSA he was the Bills beat reporter, but WGR is too stupid to see what a good reporter they have, they have Morrison doing sports tickers instead of covering the Bills. Morrison has been covering the Bills since they came into the NFL. Hamilton is a hockey guy and knows nothing about football.

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Kinda reminds me of Rocky and Adrian.

DynaPaul
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I heard JP was down because he's been reading the BillsZone forum recently.

HAMMER
09-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I am VERY MUCH for Trent Edwards being the starting QB if this is a lost season..

But I feel for JP. He wears his heart on his sleeve. it's hard for him to deal with this. I dont think his performance will have anything to do with it once the adrenalin kicks in.

Wishy washy is at it again, what happened to not throwing him to the wolves?
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=134095

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
I heard JP was down because he's been reading the BillsZone forum recently.

It would be pretty hard to dispute that.

The Answer
09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Enough excuses! Losman needs to step up in the face of adversity.

There's still 15 games to go if he wants to keep his job and make something of this season - if not The Answer is sure that the Young Gun is more than happy to relieve him of the starting job.

~The Answer

AndreReed83
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I can understand why Losman would be so disenchanted with what he saw when visiting Everett. Everett when from being a fully functioning friend, to one that has to use every once of strength to move, breath, or talk. I'm sure it didn't help that at the time of his interview yesterday, most of the media was under the impression that Everett had made a miraculuos recovery and was going to leave the hospitial in a few weeks. Losman knew the truth behind the progress Everett had made.

At the same time, if he is the starting QB, he still needs to be held accountable for his play on the field. I just won't get on to him for not being able to focus because of his friend.

Michael82
09-13-2007, 04:26 PM
exactly, They should have Jeff Morrison doing the Bills coverage that's what he did on WNSA he was the Bills beat reporter, but WGR is too stupid to see what a good reporter they have, they have Morrison doing sports tickers instead of covering the Bills. Morrison has been covering the Bills since they came into the NFL. Hamilton is a hockey guy and knows nothing about football.
I've been saying this for so damn long! I don't think they will ever understand at WGR. They love Paul Hamilton and are too cheap to pay for two beat reporters. They'd rather just run Paul ragged trying to cover both. The worst part is that the hockey season will be beginning soon, so the Buffalo Bills coverage will go down to almost nothing. :ill:

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 04:34 PM
The worst part is that the hockey season will be beginning soon, so the Buffalo Bills coverage will go down to almost nothing. :ill:We still have you Mikey.:D:

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
i wouldnt be so sure of that mikey..i mean i dont live there so i wouldnt know, but the sabres arent going to be very good, so maybe there will be coverage on the bills.:D

Ed
09-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't see how the Everett injury is a JP issue. It's a team issue. I can't imagine that there's any player or coach that doesn't feel the same way as JP right now. I haven't seen one player interview where they don't seem deeply disturbed by it. Some people are acting like Everett is already walking again. It's been four days.

And I don't see how Edwards is better equipped to deal with this. Not only is he going through all the normal challenges that come with being a rookie, but in his very first game as a pro he has a teammate go down with a life threatening injury. For all we know, Edwards could be the most shaken up on the team right now and starting him would be disastrous for his development.

All this speculation about who's going through what and how they're dealing with it is just stupid. We have no idea. The only thing we should be focusing on right now is just rally around the players, ALL the players on our TEAM and just support them. Enough of trying to analyze everyones emotional state and figure out where it should be. It's not like this is something the Bills organization or current players have ever had to deal with before. This might be one of the toughest seasons ever for everyone, so let's not embarrass ourselves by becoming so judgemental on how people should be responding.

Circle the wagons. Fans, coaches, players, everyone.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-13-2007, 04:48 PM
oh..staying on topic, JP is only human. I can see him being depressed about this, yes you can say he's a leader, and the captain of this team..But cmon' this injury could be life threatning, all of you saying jp should get this out of his head, jp should this, should that:yap:..Now im not making excuses for jp considering thats how everyone is taking this..you all think that JP should be some robot with no feelings at all and just forget about the entire thing..cmon thats absured..We'll just have to wait and see come sunday when we whoop the steelers butts

LETS GO BUFFALO! :cheers:

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2007, 04:49 PM

No, no degree in neurosurgery. The point is the seriousness and ramifications of the injury are the issue. The fact that Everett could still die or be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life are the issues. I assuming your friend never had those risks or they were not as severe.

And how is he feeling sorry for himself? Or being immature? Being depressed ove a teammate and caring for him is immature?

Novacane
09-13-2007, 05:44 PM

Because they are cheap bastards that don't want to pay a Bills reporter. I'm not a believer in JP but I'll defend him against WGR morons. Hamilton asked JP a question in the post game conferance last week and JP said "You're the expert you tell me". They obviously don't like eachother so I take this report with a grain of salt.

mybills
09-13-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't see how the Everett injury is a JP issue. It's a team issue. I can't imagine that there's any player or coach that doesn't feel the same way as JP right now. I haven't seen one player interview where they don't seem deeply disturbed by it. Some people are acting like Everett is already walking again. It's been four days.

And I don't see how Edwards is better equipped to deal with this. Not only is he going through all the normal challenges that come with being a rookie, but in his very first game as a pro he has a teammate go down with a life threatening injury. For all we know, Edwards could be the most shaken up on the team right now and starting him would be disastrous for his development.

All this speculation about who's going through what and how they're dealing with it is just stupid. We have no idea. The only thing we should be focusing on right now is just rally around the players, ALL the players on our TEAM and just support them. Enough of trying to analyze everyones emotional state and figure out where it should be. It's not like this is something the Bills organization or current players have ever had to deal with before. This might be one of the toughest seasons ever for everyone, so let's not embarrass ourselves by becoming so judgemental on how people should be responding.

Circle the wagons. Fans, coaches, players, everyone.
:10: :bf1:

Michael82
09-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Because they are cheap bastards that don't want to pay a Bills reporter. I'm not a believer in JP but I'll defend him against WGR morons. Hamilton asked JP a question in the post game conferance last week and JP said "You're the expert you tell me". They obviously don't like eachother so I take this report with a grain of salt.
Excellent post! :bf1:

Typ0
09-13-2007, 06:14 PM
anything to come up with an excuse for the mental midget. It's sad that the JP Crew has resorted to using Everetts misfortune to excuse Losmans incompetence.

Dr. Lecter
09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
anything to come up with an excuse for the mental midget. It's sad that the JP Crew has resorted to using Everetts misfortune to excuse Losmans incompetence.

Its a shame that you think anybody actually did that.

It is a shame that you think his being concerned for Everett is incompetence.

Typ0
09-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Its a shame that you think anybody actually did that.

It is a shame that you think his being concerned for Everett is incompetence.

the real shame is the constant excuses made for the player I don't care how valid they seem to be. This is just another thing...if all of the other constant excuses weren't made it would be different but now it's just a boy who cried wolf story.

YardRat
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
A necessary quality for a true leader is overcoming adversity. I don't think the Pitt game is going to be the sole indicator of how deeply this affects JP, but he plays a position in a profession that won't allow him to carry on too long without overcoming it.

He needs to find a way to use it as motivation, or overcome it, or else he's screwed.

G Wolly
09-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Why have someone leading the offense who doesn't have their head focused on beating that Steelers D?

I'd say go with Trent if he can't just play his heart out for KE, like the whole team should.

TrentEdwards2008
09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
I can understand why Losman is upset, just like the rest of the team. But the game must go on!

If he's going to be a crybaby and not be a man than I hope that Trent gets to play because he's more of a natural leader and is oozing to the brim with moxie anyway.

Elminster
09-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Why have someone leading the offense who doesn't have their head focused on beating that Steelers D?

I'd say go with Trent if he can't just play his heart out for KE, like the whole team should.
What makes you think Trent is taking it any better? Is he an emotionless automaton or something?

G Wolly
09-13-2007, 08:21 PM
What makes you think Trent is taking it any better? Is he an emotionless automaton or something?

I don't recall hearing how he wasn't focused at practice, how he was clearly on the verge of tears and barely lifted his head during an interview.

or that his name was JP Losman.

jmb1099
09-13-2007, 08:46 PM
As a professional he needs to pull it together. As a human being he needs to be allowed to grieve like anyone else. No one here has tried to use Everett's condition as an excuse. Some really classless posts in this thread.

G Wolly
09-13-2007, 08:49 PM
As a professional he needs to pull it together. As a human being he needs to be allowed to grieve like anyone else. No one here has tried to use Everett's condition as an excuse. Some really classless posts in this thread.

That's basically my point. If JP can't play for KE and do his job, let Trent take the reins. I understand everyone is affected by it, but they still have a job to do as I've seen Schobel say on the news.

The Quebecer
09-13-2007, 10:10 PM
What I have seen from JP's interview is a guy caring about a teamate. He said what was on his mind at the time he was asked about it. Who's to know how he is today or how he will be on sunday?
In every traumatic event, there are phases... JP is going through all the phases and we can only hope, for his own mental health, that he can finally cope with the situation... will he or won't he? We'll find out soon enough...

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-14-2007, 08:15 AM
No, no degree in neurosurgery. The point is the seriousness and ramifications of the injury are the issue. The fact that Everett could still die or be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life are the issues. I assuming your friend never had those risks or they were not as severe.

And how is he feeling sorry for himself? Or being immature? Being depressed ove a teammate and caring for him is immature?

I know what you are trying to say, but you assume too much. You know nothing of my friend's injury. Any time you have a serious spinal injury you have those risks. Now I will admit that at this point it is clear that Everett has a more severe injury than my teammate. But within the first week or so after my friend's injury, we did not know if he would be disabled, and there was risks of blood clots, swelling etc that could have caused problems.

I was 17 at the time. I dealt with it. So did all of my teammates. How can a grown man not be able to deal with it? I am not saying to forget it, but to deal with it. BE A MAN. No, it's not easy, but it's something a man does. He has all day to think about it, mope about it, whatever he wants to do. But his livlihood and the livlihood of lots of others are depending on him sucking it up, being a man, and coming to work and getting the job done while he is on the practice and/or playing field. If for some reason he can't perform, he needs to sit down, step aside. That is what is immature about it.

M
09-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Question. Has Hamilton personally spoken with Losman or is he just assuming he knows how the guy feels??

Jan Reimers
09-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Jesus, will this JP bashing never stop? The kid shows genuine compassion for a fallen teammate, so he should be benched in favor of a raw rookie, against the Steelers no less?

I think I've now heard everything. What next, he should be benched because he has unruly hair?

mybills
09-14-2007, 09:01 AM
They made fun of his haircut, too. :chuckle:

HHURRICANE
09-14-2007, 09:43 AM
JP needs to show up and play the game he is capable of playing.

My father passed away in a fire filled plane crash when I was a sophmore in HS. Two days after burying him I still had to finish HS exams. I honor my fathers memory everyday by living up to my fullest potential.

Spare me the BS and play football.

The Spaz
09-14-2007, 09:45 AM
JP needs to show up and play the game he is capable of playing.

My father passed away in a fire filled plane crash when I was a sophmore in HS. Two days after burying him I still had to finish HS exams. I honor my fathers memory everyday by living up to my fullest potential.

Spare me the BS and play football.

Yeah you are everyone else right?

blackonyx89
09-14-2007, 10:49 AM
The best he can do is go out on the field and light up the scoreboard with TD's and win the game for him. That goes for the rest of the Bills as well!!!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Question. Has Hamilton personally spoken with Losman or is he just assuming he knows how the guy feels??
Hamilton's job is to be a beat reporter, he is at One Bills Drive daily, and does interviews when players are available. I would be surprised if he has not spoken with him, but if he hasn't perhaps he can tell by being up close and personal with the team on a daily basis.

SABURZFAN
09-14-2007, 10:59 AM
They made fun of his haircut, too. :chuckle:

who did?

SABURZFAN
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah you are everyone else right?

he didn't say that.but if a HS Sophomore can pull it together in 2 days,Tender Heart should be able to get his head out of his ass in a week.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
The best he can do is go out on the field and light up the scoreboard with TD's and win the game for him. That goes for the rest of the Bills as well!!!

BINGO. Mike Utley said the exact same thing on ESPN. I think Utley has some experience on the matter.

JD
09-14-2007, 01:30 PM

Edwards will never sit back down if he gets his shot this weekend.

Thank you. :dance:

Typ0
09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Jesus, will this JP bashing never stop? The kid shows genuine compassion for a fallen teammate, so he should be benched in favor of a raw rookie, against the Steelers no less?

I think I've now heard everything. What next, he should be benched because he has unruly hair?

I can only speak for myself. Of course he has compassion for his fallen team mate. It would be utterly stupid to put Edwards in there as well. However, this is not a reason to excuse a poor performance. That's what I see people setting up here....even before the excuse mongers are preparing to have an excuse. I think Brett Favre put up five TDs on a monday night following his dads death a couple years ago. No, it's not the same thing...but JPs leash has been too darn loose because "he's the bills QB" and "real bills fans would only stand behind the QB."

Patti120
09-14-2007, 02:23 PM
People are still talking about this? What is wrong with you people...:deadhorse

HAMMER
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
This is unbelievable, some of you embarass me.

SABURZFAN
09-14-2007, 04:10 PM
I can only speak for myself. Of course he has compassion for his fallen team mate. It would be utterly stupid to put Edwards in there as well. However, this is not a reason to excuse a poor performance. That's what I see people setting up here....even before the excuse mongers are preparing to have an excuse. I think Brett Favre put up five TDs on a monday night following his dads death a couple years ago. No, it's not the same thing...but JPs leash has been too darn loose because "he's the bills QB" and "real bills fans would only stand behind the QB."

:bf1:

shelby
09-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Guys, the only way Losman is benched is if he gets injured.

Some of y'all need to get a grip. One game, and you're throwing the kid under the bus. It's :curse:ing ridiculous.

Elminster
09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
I bet they'd be calling for us to sign Leftwich within two weeks of Edwards playing his first game, if they got their way...and then they'd want some one else soon after...

PECKERWOOD
09-14-2007, 05:19 PM
If Losman doesn't stay focused, he will end up like Everett. He needs to act like a pro and be prepared for Pittsburgh.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I am still confused as to when Paul Hamilton's word became the gospel truth.

Goobylal
09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Hamilton's a pud. And while I'm sure JP was broken-up initially after witnessing what happened to KE and how he looked immediately after surgery, I'm sure he feels a lot better now, knowing that KE can move every part of his body (he moved his fingers today), and that there seems to be hope (immediate core cooling) if it happens again to someone.

SABURZFAN
09-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Guys, the only way Losman is benched is if he gets injured.

Some of y'all need to get a grip. One game, and you're throwing the kid under the bus. It's :curse:ing ridiculous.

or if we're getting blown out by 5 scores,then Edwards comes in to mop up.

it's :curse: ing ridiculous that we see the same **** out of Losman and,all of a sudden,a new batch of excuses start rolling around here for him.

jmb1099
09-14-2007, 09:43 PM

it's :curse: ing ridiculous that we see the same **** out of Losman and,all of a sudden,a new batch of excuses start rolling around here for him.
No one is using this for an excuse. He took it hard, who wouldn't have? It is what is is. He needs to play well or get out of the way, no one is saying anything to the contrary.

Typ0
09-15-2007, 08:07 AM

the only way Edwards should see the field is if Losman gets hurt...and no I don't want him to get hurt. At this point, I fear we have seen what we have with JP Losman and it's starting to look a lot like Drew Bledsoe with legs. He can throw the long ball and look good against mediocre or beat up teams but when it comes right down to it he can't get the job done week in and week out. So if that is it, let him take the lumps this year and Edwards stay on the sidelines and prepare physically and mentally to run and NFL team. Don't put him in there to get pounded on please.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-15-2007, 11:54 AM
easier for trent, he was just drafted, of course he's not going to be affected that much, i mean ya he's probably upset but JP and KE have been teammates for like 2-3 years.. JP's not going to be benched at all, that's just crazy talk..he'll take the snaps and pull a win for buffalo.