PDA

View Full Version : Only 4 Cornerbacks on Roster?

bigbub2352
09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
I think we should seriously consider puttin a CB on the Practice Squad, i Understand they can probably move a S to CB in a emergency, but with the lack of depth at the postion we should be developing some player to be the 5th CB next year or even 4 if we dont bring back Greer or Thomas, i would not mind even bringing back Eric Bassey since he knows the scheme and was on the PS last year?
any thoughts?

Elminster
09-13-2007, 04:29 PM
I think we probably will use safeties. Scott played some CB, and I think I remember something about Wendling doing that as well. They can't be worse than Webster, so that's a plus. Hopefully, we just don't suffer anymore serious injuries in Pittsburgh...

pintonick96
09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Alan Zemaitis is available to be signed to our practice squad. He's a big physical Cover 2 corner who was released by Tampa Bay. Plus he's a local guy who played at Spencerport High School.

bigbub2352
09-14-2007, 08:49 AM
I am not saying adding one to the current roster, but we should consider one for the PS

The Spaz
09-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Alan Zemaitis is available to be signed to our practice squad. He's a big physical Cover 2 corner who was released by Tampa Bay. Plus he's a local guy who played at Spencerport High School.

I heard his name a lot during the draft.

RedEyE
09-14-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm sure the Bills staff has taken into account the roster and all of its deficiencies. You can only prepare for so many injuries and with guys like Ellison, Wire, and Denney on a non-IR stand-by, you have to depend on the younger guys to step up.

The practice squad might be a reserve , but typically you don't want those players stepping into prolific roles. They're on the practice squad for a reason. Usually they are just players with "potetial" that the staff fell have the best opportunity to improve. So, you don't always fill the PS with depth guys. Rather fill it with the palyers (despite the position) that have the best potential.

BILLSROCK1212
09-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I heard his name a lot during the draft.
that was two drafts ago

patmoran2006
09-14-2007, 09:51 AM
when did he get cut? I LIKE his potential a lot.

Jan Reimers
09-14-2007, 10:00 AM
While I like the idea of adding a CB to the PS, don't we only have one spot available? I would think we'd be looking for a young, developmental QB for that spot, although we could certainly cut one of the guys on the current PS to add a CB as well as a QB.

Jan Reimers
09-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Whoops! Didn't realize we had signed Kevin Eakin to the PS.

The Spaz
09-14-2007, 10:54 AM
that was two drafts ago

Yeah I know. I didn't say which draft.:up:

Mr. Pink
09-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Zemaitis would be a nice pickup since he's a young talent who already has an understanding of the defensive scheme. With Wire inevitably headed towards the IR that opens up another roster spot.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had 5 corners on the roster.

bigbub2352
09-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Zemaitis would be a nice pickup since he's a young talent who already has an understanding of the defensive scheme. With Wire inevitably headed towards the IR that opens up another roster spot.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had 5 corners on the roster.
Wire goes to the IR we should definetly be addin a vet CB to the roster, and probably should get rid of one of the WR on the PS and pick one up for there too, we r 1 injury away from our starting CB to be greer or thomas, that scares me a little, we should develop players that might actually see the feild next year on the PS, i dont think Neven Mckaskill or Mayle or Mace should be on the PS get some guys with actual potential