X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Only 4 Cornerbacks on Roster?

I think we should seriously consider puttin a CB on the Practice Squad, i Understand they can probably move a S to CB in a emergency, but with the lack of depth at the postion we should be developing some player to be the 5th CB next year or even 4 if we dont bring back Greer or Thomas, i would not mind even bringing back Eric Bassey since he knows the scheme and was on the PS last year?
    any thoughts?
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Elminster
    #1 Kelsay Fan
    • Oct 2006

Re: Only 4 Cornerbacks on Roster?

I think we probably will use safeties. Scott played some CB, and I think I remember something about Wendling doing that as well. They can't be worse than Webster, so that's a plus. Hopefully, we just don't suffer anymore serious injuries in Pittsburgh...
    Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• pintonick96
      You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
      • Aug 2005

Alan Zemaitis is available to be signed to our practice squad. He's a big physical Cover 2 corner who was released by Tampa Bay. Plus he's a local guy who played at Spencerport High School.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

I am not saying adding one to the current roster, but we should consider one for the PS
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by pintonick96
          Alan Zemaitis is available to be signed to our practice squad. He's a big physical Cover 2 corner who was released by Tampa Bay. Plus he's a local guy who played at Spencerport High School.
          I heard his name a lot during the draft.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

I'm sure the Bills staff has taken into account the roster and all of its deficiencies. You can only prepare for so many injuries and with guys like Ellison, Wire, and Denney on a non-IR stand-by, you have to depend on the younger guys to step up.

The practice squad might be a reserve , but typically you don't want those players stepping into prolific roles. They're on the practice squad for a reason. Usually they are just players with "potetial" that the staff fell have the best opportunity to improve. So, you don't always fill the PS with depth guys. Rather fill it with the palyers (despite the position) that have the best potential.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
              !?!?!?!?!?
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The Spaz
              I heard his name a lot during the draft.
              that was two drafts ago

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by pintonick96
                when did he get cut? I LIKE his potential a lot.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

While I like the idea of adding a CB to the PS, don't we only have one spot available? I would think we'd be looking for a young, developmental QB for that spot, although we could certainly cut one of the guys on the current PS to add a CB as well as a QB.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Whoops! Didn't realize we had signed Kevin Eakin to the PS.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      that was two drafts ago
                      Yeah I know. I didn't say which draft.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Zemaitis would be a nice pickup since he's a young talent who already has an understanding of the defensive scheme. With Wire inevitably headed towards the IR that opens up another roster spot.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had 5 corners on the roster.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          Zemaitis would be a nice pickup since he's a young talent who already has an understanding of the defensive scheme. With Wire inevitably headed towards the IR that opens up another roster spot.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had 5 corners on the roster.
                          Wire goes to the IR we should definetly be addin a vet CB to the roster, and probably should get rid of one of the WR on the PS and pick one up for there too, we r 1 injury away from our starting CB to be greer or thomas, that scares me a little, we should develop players that might actually see the feild next year on the PS, i dont think Neven Mckaskill or Mayle or Mace should be on the PS get some guys with actual potential
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                          X