PDA

View Full Version : Good Pats Article from Bill Simmons

Mudflap1
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070912

DynaPaul
09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
One word: GAY!

It's basically two Patsy fans trying to delude themselves that what their team did isn't a big deal and they are still the greatest team on the planet.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I like Bill Simmons but I disagree with most of the article. Trying to say that the only advantage to taping would take place in the second half is a big load of crap. That is just him trying to justify it if it happened in the Super Bowl.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I like Bill Simmons but I disagree with most of the article. Trying to say that the only advantage to taping would take place in the second half is a big load of crap. That is just him trying to justify it if it happened in the Super Bowl.

That's like saying I took performance enhancing drugs but they didn't kick in until the 2nd half, which is just stupid. If you cheat at anytime during the game, you cheated. It doesn't matter if it happened at 59:59 or :01, it's cheating.

I didn't cork my bat until the 7th inning stretch so it's OK, duhhhhhhhhh right?

I didn't illegally curve my stick until the 3rd period so it's OK, Duuuuhhhh right?

No It's not Ok.

cordog
09-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I love how he says to think of it like it was the Jaguars or Bucs and see if would anyone would think its a big deal. Well, it wasnt the Jags or Bucs, it was the freakin Pats, the best team in the league this millenium! I also love the "everyone else is doing it" justification Patsy fans are using. Nice try guys, no one is buying it.

Mudflap1
09-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I heard from somewhere (can't remember where) that Belichick supposedly has been doing this since he's been in Cleveland. If that's the case, it didn't help him there...

Jon

duhbilz
09-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Pat fans are convinced this will just go away, will any of you ever forget the Pats cheated if they start throwing in your face how great their "dynasty" was?? I know I won't, yeah you won 3 SB's in 5 years, but did your team win them without cheating?? I guess we'll never know, but I sure as heck won't give them full credit. Therefore you can bragg all you want, but your victories will never be thought of as victories because your coach is a cheater. And that fact will never change!!! I tried to warn Pat fans to stop being so arrogant about their teams success and just be happy their fans of the Pats, instead they act like winning is their right. Oh how the mighty have fallen, and it couldn't happen to a more deserving group!! How ya like Bill now????