X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

About Evans.. someone explain...

how is it that steve smith can continue to get open every game every single play and is virtually unstoppable.. all the time.. no matter what..

why dont the bills copy how they get evans open... hell, why doesnt everyone copy it?

i mean their has to be some secret.. steve smith is not THAT much better than evans, skill wise, speed wise.. hands wise.. so what the ****.

and the panthers 2nd wr and 3rd wr are nothing more to worry about than roscoe and reed.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: About Evans.. someone explain...

I think it's the QB. Others will invariably point the finger at coaching and play-calling.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

and for that matter.. Gates.. how is it that with NO WRS basically.. LT and Gates are always awesome.. every game.

it pisses me off.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• lightningbolt444
        • Mar 2007

you know i thought about this today evans is a great player obviously but he either does nothing at all or everyone just watchs in amazment at what he does its like you get all or nothing. Now i know that he has a ton of skill and i attribute a lot of this to double teams and schemes designed to target him but in that sense your right steve smith is targeted as is every great wr in the game. For evans to take the next step in my eyes as being one of the top 3 wr in the league which btw i do think he can do he needs to be more consistant.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
          • Aug 2007

Evans can be open all day long but if he is not getting the ball, what good is it? Please don't take that as a shot at Losman because it is not. I think it has more to do with the playcalling! They only threw deep to him once in the opener. A call on 3rd a 5 late in the game that has been discussed here quite extensively!

The O.C. needs to do a better job at streching the field with Evans. It was easy to see that the bills were intimadated by Bly and Bailey. I do think that they will try to get Evans more involved this week since Pitt. doesn't have a shutdown corner, altough they will be using Polamulu to double on a consistent basis.

Streching the field with Evans opens up the running game, the running game opens up the playaction, playaction = good passing yardage. I believe that Evans can be an elite reciever in this league when used properly, a strong number 2 WR doesn't hurt either.

All that to say, Evans is not the problem!

Comment

• Confused
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2007

with Keyshawn and now Jarrett on the other side it wasnt quite so obvious.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

I don't believe Evans was covered the entire game last week. Someone has to throw him the ball

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by bills_in_07
                Evans can be open all day long but if he is not getting the ball, what good is it? Please don't take that as a shot at Losman because it is not. I think it has more to do with the playcalling! They only threw deep to him once in the opener. A call on 3rd a 5 late in the game that has been discussed here quite extensively!

The O.C. needs to do a better job at streching the field with Evans. It was easy to see that the bills were intimadated by Bly and Bailey. I do think that they will try to get Evans more involved this week since Pitt. doesn't have a shutdown corner, altough they will be using Polamulu to double on a consistent basis.

Streching the field with Evans opens up the running game, the running game opens up the playaction, playaction = good passing yardage. I believe that Evans can be an elite reciever in this league when used properly, a strong number 2 WR doesn't hurt either.

All that to say, Evans is not the problem!

Evans was thrown to late in the first half with one on one coverage. Losman threw it up and the great receivers go up and get it. The ball got knocked away by Bly.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

I think you're overrating Smith a little bit. His stats are good, but they aren't that good:

Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                    Evans was thrown to late in the first half with one on one coverage. Losman threw it up and the great receivers go up and get it. The ball got knocked away by Bly.
                    You're right! Sorry I forgot about that play. Thanks! Don't you think that is still too late to try to stretch the field though? I think we need to try to get the ball to Evans in the first quarter.

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                      I think you're overrating Smith a little bit. His stats are good, but they aren't that good:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...uLYF?year=2006
                      Thats just crazy talk. When Steve Smith is healthy, he's pretty much unstoppable. See 2005. He really is amazing to watch. I agree with T. Teams know damn well who the Panthers are throwing to, but still can't stop it. Until Evans can do the same, he's just an above average WR. The elite WR's dominate on a regular basis, not every few games.
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
                        I don't believe Evans was covered the entire game last week. Someone has to throw him the ball
                        He was covered by the CB Bly and a safety over the top most of the time.

Bailey spent most of his time on Reed and was backslapping him on several good plays which is very unusual for him.

Comment

• thecoordinator
                          • Sep 2005

because smith > evans

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            how is it that steve smith can continue to get open every game every single play and is virtually unstoppable.. all the time.. no matter what..

why dont the bills copy how they get evans open... hell, why doesnt everyone copy it?

i mean their has to be some secret.. steve smith is not THAT much better than evans, skill wise, speed wise.. hands wise.. so what the ****.

and the panthers 2nd wr and 3rd wr are nothing more to worry about than roscoe and reed.
                            Steve Smith is one of the most agile players ive ever seen. Evans is just as fast, but Steve is freakish quick at cutting.

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

It's the impotency in thinking that filters down from the front office, right on down through the coaching staff, and ultimately to the players.
                              Bad play calling, no vision, no commitment to winning, no chemistry, poor coaching, lack of preparation.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X