PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU WANT TO COMPARE PITTSBURG TO BUFFALO THEN HERES THE RIGHT WAY

83evans
09-13-2007, 08:06 PM
PITTSBURG- PLAYED ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS IN THE NFL.

BUFFALO- LOST KEY GUYS AND PLAYED ONE OF THE BEST SECONDARIES OF ALL TIME.

Pittsburg is a horrible team. Buffalo is a team cursed with a hard schedule. Buffalo has a smarter QB. Pittsburg has a QB that cant realize that if you drive a moter cycle with out a helmet you have a risk of serious injury or death. Buffalo has a great RB in the making. Pittsburg has a RB who is a little overated. Buffalo has a all pro WR. Pittsburg has a WR who is getting old. Buffalo has energy and something to prove. Pittsburg has nothing to win for. Defensive Pitsburg has the edge. But offencivly Buffalo has the edge.

Oh and Buffalo has an all pro punter. HELL YEAH!

Mr. Pink
09-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I can't believe I'm gonna say this twice in about 10 minutes....

Your posts are a douche.

YardRat
09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
ONE OF THE BEST SECONDARIES OF ALL TIME

Maybe if 'ALL TIME' is equivilant to 'THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS'.

BAM
09-13-2007, 08:15 PM
The only thing giving me hope this week is the fact that yes, Denver was a pretty good team with decent players all around and we did hang with them the whole game. Somehow.

We'll see just how good we are this week. And next week. And the week after that and the week after that, etc... :ill:

R. Rich
09-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm all for being confident in my team and all, but...

Denver has a good secondary, but their team really isn't that good. Marshawn Lynch ran all over them, Josh Reed was open and even caught the few passes sent his way (when they weren't overthrown), and Jay Cutler made as many dumba** plays as he did good ones. Had Shanahan not devised that awesome new gadget play known as the "quick slant", the Buffalo secondary might have fared even a bit better.

Pittsburg is a horrible team.

Wow. Okay, I grant you they had a fairly easy tune-up game. Know what they did? They beat the crap out of the team, just as they should in a tune-up game. Heck, I watched the game this evening, and that score could've been even worse had the Pittsburgh WRs not dropped so many passes in the 2nd quarter or shut it down early in the 4th.

Buffalo is a team cursed with a hard schedule. Buffalo has a smarter QB. Pittsburg has a QB that cant realize that if you drive a moter cycle with out a helmet you have a risk of serious injury or death.

The schedule may or may not be so tough. Teams that look good on it now could turn out to be crappy for numerous reasons (injuries, free agent losses, discord in the locker room, etc.). How many teams went into last year thinking, "Wow, we get a tune-up game vs the Saints. Nice." How'd that work out for them?

As for the QBs, Roethlisberger had a crappy season that was mainly due to the brain injury he suffered in the offseason. He's healthy now, and looked very sharp in shredding Cleveland after showing flashes of that in the preseason. JP, meanwhile, had a pretty solid effort this preseason, then stunk up the joint against Denver. I'll be hopeful that the real JP Losman wilil show up in Pittsburgh and that the performance we saw on Sunday wasn't indicative of the real JP. But, if you're going to judge the two based on their careers to date, there is no way you can honestly put Losman ahead of Roethlisberger. That's just absurd.

Buffalo has a great RB in the making. Pittsburg has a RB who is a little overated.

Again, wow. Fast Willie Parker rushed for just under 1,500 yards last year after rushing for over 1,200 the previous year, and he's "overrated"? I do love the effort Marshawn put forth last week, though. I really loved the 4th down run that was all effort, as he was stacked up @ the line yet still burst through for the first down. His battering ram imitation on the TD run was nice too, but given what happened to Everett, he should really reconsider those kind of moves. If our line continues to perform as well as they did on Sunday, we're gong to have a very good back this year!

Buffalo has a all pro WR. Pittsburg has a WR who is getting old.

Evans is great, in that he runs very good routes while having the deep speed to really hurt teams and has exceptional hands and body control. He's the total package, much like Torry Holt in St Louis. Still, let's not sell short the career of a guy who is his franchise's all time receiving leader. Remember, this franchise already has TWO receivers in the Hall of Fame. Ward's ability and willingness to block (he crushed Browns CB Daven Holly last week!) has always been something I admire. Evans isn't as gung ho w/ the blocking, but he's no slouch there, either. I like Lee a lot, but I also respect what Ward has done and is still doing.

Buffalo has energy and something to prove. Pittsburg has nothing to win for. Defensive Pitsburg has the edge. But offencivly Buffalo has the edge.

Pittsburgh is coming off a Super Bowl hangover year, has an All Pro guard in the final year of his contract, and has a new coaching staff that has seemingly rejuvinated them. They sure didn't play like a team w/ "nothing to win for". Quite the opposite; they played like a team embarrassed by not making the playoffs the year after winning the NFL title. Their young draftees on defense, in particular LB LaMarr Woodley, look very intense. I sure hope our O line has another solid day of pass protection. If not, this game will be scary to watch.....and I'll be there to witness it.

Offensively the Bills have the edge? I hope so. Our O line played well, Lynch was a pleasant surprise running the ball, and the receivers weren't horrible. Now, if JP gets his head out of his a** this week, they could make things interesting. Even if that happens, our D line must play in a way that they really didn't last week............w/ a pulse. I mean, Whitner was okay, Posluszny was all over the field in an impressive debut, and everyone else must have stayed home. Can't have that this weekend.

We do have a bada** punter though! I said before that the play that was just heartbreaking to see was the option play Cutler ran out of the endzone, as it ruined a true masterwork of a punt by Moorman.

So, as much as I love the Bills, I also try to be cautious in terms of what to expect and I give credit where it's due in terms of the opponents.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Pittsburg is a horrible team. Buffalo is a team cursed with a hard schedule. Buffalo has a smarter QB. Pittsburg has a QB that cant realize that if you drive a moter cycle with out a helmet you have a risk of serious injury or death. Buffalo has a great RB in the making. Pittsburg has a RB who is a little overated. Buffalo has a all pro WR. Pittsburg has a WR who is getting old. Buffalo has energy and something to prove. Pittsburg has nothing to win for. Defensive Pitsburg has the edge. But offencivly Buffalo has the edge.

wow, where to start with this one? First, PittsburgH ends with an H.

Second, Pittsburgh won their game handedly whereas the Bills gave their game away, but somehow they're a horrible team and we're not? Yes, we played a better team than Pitt did- we also failed to execute and made a ton of mistakes. They won big by executing. That's the scary part about this game- they showed the ability to execute and we showed the ability to screw ourselves over.

Third, comparing their WR to our WR is irrelevant because they don't play against each other. You need to compare their WR to our secondary- their WR may be old, but our secondary is inexperienced and down two starters. On the other side of the ball we have Evans and a whole lotta nothin'.

Fourth, it's "offensively".

Fifth, our offense is on the field at the same time as their defense. So saying we have the edge offensively and they have the edge defensively means it's a wash- their best side of the ball is against ours. Considering their D is proven and our O had 97 yards passing last week, I think they get the edge.

And now that I typed all that, I can't believe I devoted so much effort responding to this drivel.

jamze132
09-14-2007, 02:20 AM
I can't believe that anyone could possible conpare the Steelers/Bills and say we have the edge and that they are a "horrible" team. WTF?

The Steelers are not a bad team. Does Roth. make some stupid decisions? Yes, but so does our QB. Their O-line isn't even arguably better than our O-line. They ARE better than ours. Their defense is just about as good, if not better than Denver's so go tell me how JP is going to light it up Sunday...

Whatever.

But I would love nothing more than for Buffalo to play
"lights out". I am a homer, but I am thinking realisticly. I'm tired of trying to stay positive about this debacle the FO has assembled for our enjoyment this year.

RedEyE
09-14-2007, 07:54 AM
I get the feeling that 83Evans might be a young and at the very least a new poster...so I'm not going to rip into him. Thanks for your comments and everyone here is welcome to their own opinions.

But as most the gentleman above have retorted, the facts remain, this Bills team is no way shape or form better than the current Steelers.

Pinkerton Security
09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
you know I was thinking this past week that Pitts is a little overrated, and they may be. But looking at their depth chart, they are a pretty friggin talented team if nothing else. Position by position they dominate our depth chart. Big Ben is not a great QB in my mind but he a great game manager, as is evidenced by his super bowl ring.

This being said, I see it being a pretty close game.

The Answer
09-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Here's a more simplified comparison:

Pittsburgh > Buffalo

~The Answer

SABURZFAN
09-14-2007, 11:29 AM

Buffalo has the edge offensively?????

:roflmao:

after what i saw last week,Willie Parker may have more total yards than the Bills.