PDA

View Full Version : One week into season & we can judge draft

CSFAN
09-13-2007, 09:13 PM
What do we know after week 1?

Marshawn Lynch & Poz are going to be beasts for the Bills for years to come, and we have a better QB than Craig Nall just in case (please, put a bigger emphasis on those last 3 words than I can in writing) JP continues to underperform.

I know some will say I'm judging all 3 players prematurely, but we can see the talent there.

Fantastic draft; I though Wright looked good in the preseason, too...

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
hold on, back up a little there. Lynch looked great and Poz looked decent (which is good since it was his first real NFL game), but it was only one game. If you use that logic, you have to say Trent Edwards is already a bust because he was unable to take the starting job from a QB who only threw for 97 yards.

It looks positive now, but let's not jump the gun. Plenty of players have had a good game or two only to completely disappear after that.

It's too early to label them good or bad.

Al the Bills Fan
09-13-2007, 09:26 PM
I agree we had a good draft, and yes I think Lynch is the real deal. Poz is a beast and Edwards looked good in pre-season. I think the final verdict should probably be held entire the end of the season. Good first impression though!

The Answer
09-13-2007, 10:10 PM

Marshawn Lynch & Poz are going to be beasts for the Bills for years to come, and we have a better QB than Craig Nall just in case (please, put a bigger emphasis on those last 3 words than I can in writing) JP continues to underperform.

I know some will say I'm judging all 3 players prematurely, but we can see the talent there.

The fact that we finally drafted a franchise QB makes this draft a success no matter what happens with everybody else.

But between Lynch and Poz - this is shaping up to be one of the greatest drafts in Bills history.

~The Answer

Uncle Jesse
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM
What about the two guys we cut that we drafted, they were bascially wasted draft picks then, granted one ended up on the PS.

Ebenezer
09-13-2007, 11:10 PM

back up the draft board there...much like it takes a couple of years to judge a bad draft it takes that long to judge a good draft...call back in 2010.

infiltrateib
09-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Actually, I think you're jumping the gun on 2007 while overlooking a big victory in 2006: Roscoe Parrish has looked much, much more valuable than his draft status.

I'm a Dolphins fan, but Roscoe Parrish has outperformed Ginn so far. Ginn's faster and will be a more complete player, but man oh man does Roscoe have some quick feet and crazy agility.