PDA

View Full Version : (Poll) Do you think....

duhbilz
09-13-2007, 09:41 PM
The Pats SB victories lose some credibility or should have an asterisk due to the cheating?

cocamide
09-14-2007, 06:40 AM
To be fair, it wasn't found that they cheated in the Super Bowls, so there shouldn't be an asterisk. However, when we look back and talk about the Patriots, the possibility of them having cheated will always come up. Their legacy has definitally be tainted.

The King
09-14-2007, 06:41 AM
The superbowls will be left alone but the franchise is scarred no question its going to take a lot of years to work out of this hole

Mr. Miyagi
09-14-2007, 06:45 AM
In manufacturing, if we find one bad part on the line with a serious defect, we go back and sort through days worth of inventory. The thinking is that when you see the tip of an iceberg, it usually means there's a huge amount of ice underneath that has been building up for years.

I guarantee these guys have been doing this waaaaay back from the time Bellichick started.

jmb1099
09-14-2007, 07:18 AM
I voted yes and here's why:

1) There is no way to know if this was the only way in which the Pats were cheating, or just the tip of the iceberg

2) I always used to think that it was my own personal bias that allowed me to believe that they were somehow favored or somehow cheated, but the sheer number of NFL teams that came forward to back up the Jets claim was staggering

3) While the Pats did receive a penalty for their blatant cheating, $250 is a slap on the wrist for the organization. Billy's $500k will be picked up by the organization in the form of a bonus or whatever and so the only real thing the Pats will lose is one of their two first round draft picks. This leads me to my final point which is total conspiracy theory stuff but the lack of discipline for something considered so serious lends itself to the question of "why" was the penalty so bogus?

4) The penalty was so bogus because because Billy threatened to go public with all of it. The bogus calls, the obvious non-calls, all of it. Goddell desperately didn't want the NFL to suffer the same embarrassment as the NBA and so he "fixed" it by slapping Billy on the wrist because Billy had him by the throat.

So yeah I think the super bowl wins are tainted, I think the legacy of the players is tainted, the whole organization is tainted.

DraftBoy
09-14-2007, 08:14 AM
I voted no bc I think cheating is much more rampant than any fan or NFL official is willing to admit, and I think the Patriots getting caught is more shocking than them actually cheating.

duhbilz
09-14-2007, 09:09 AM
1) There is no way to know if this was the only way in which the Pats were cheating, or just the tip of the iceberg

This is the bottom line, the evidence goes back to BB's Cleveland days, how does anyone know what happened during the SB's?? No one does. If the Pats are as good as everyone believes, why do they need to cheat? Is it just possible that they were as good as everyone thought because of the cheating?? I guess time will tell.

don137
09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Here in Charlotte they are talking about how the Panthers thought the Patriots video taped two practices in the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl against them. The fact they won by a last second field goal one does wonder if it gave them an advantage.
You also hear how a Steelers player says how they felt in the second game they met one season (playoff game which Bledsoe played) that the Patriot players were always one step ahead of them....After hearing things like this I am not saying results would of been different but they are tainted.