25. New Orleans Saints
    26. San Diego Chargers
    27. Buffalo Bills
    28. Oakland Raiders
    29. Jacksonville Jaguars
    30. San Francisco 49ers
    31. Atlanta Falcons
    32. Minnesota Vikings
    Mr. Jones again shows why he is amongst the best owners in the NFL. At least one of my two favorite teams can get it right.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: NFL's Most Valuable Teams

Jerry Jones:
    The greatest owner in the history of the modern NFL is about to paint his masterpiece. Jerry Jones, who created the blue print for stadium economics after buying the Cowboys in 1989, is going to move into a new stadium in 2009 (the City of Arlington will own the stadium but the team will control the lease). With 80,000 seats and about 400 luxury suites (some of which will lease for more than $350,000 a season), the team's operating income could top $100 million. Not bad for a wildcatter who paid $140 million for a money losing team and stadium lease when oil was $10 a barrel and now owns the most valuable sports franchise in the world.
    Ralph:
    The Bills play in one of the NFL's smallest markets and the team's 88 year old owner, Ralph Wilson, has said he is fed up with the new breed of NFL owners. Wilson plans on having his estate sell the team (which means Buffalo could lose its franchise) after he dies. Wilson was not happy with the league's new collective bargaining agreement reached in March because he does not think the Bills can remain competitive with the $7 to $10 million a season subsidy he will get from richer teams like the Cowboys and Redskins. The Bills lost several star players this offseason including linebackers London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes, cornerback Nate Clements and running back Willis McGahee.
    Funny, I'm fed up with Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Yearly rankings of the best employers in the United States, Canada as well as for women, diversity, recent grads and beyond.

$821 Million??? So, I'll ask again...who is going to pony up the $1billion to keep the team here? Remember that there needs to be at least one person who kicks in, I think, it is 35%...so, who has $350mil??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

I love these stats:

Revenue 4 $189 mil
        Operating Income 5 $34.6 mil
        Player Expenses 6 $102 mil

Am I reading that right?? Does that mean that RW is pocketing $53 million year from this team?? Even if he is walking away with $35 mil that is a pretty good day at the office. Think he could spare another DL?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          I love these stats:

Revenue 4 $189 mil
          Operating Income 5 $34.6 mil
          Player Expenses 6 $102 mil

Am I reading that right?? Does that mean that RW is pocketing $53 million a year from this team?? Even if he is walking away with $35 mil that is a pretty good day at the office. Think he could spare another DL?
          He's a cheap **** that's not serious about winning. I can't wait till someone else owns the team. If the team does get moved I blame Wilson for being a dick and not putting a winning team on the field.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Forbes - Bills Worth 821 Mil

Ranking 27th out of 32 teams. They are ahead of Oakland, Jacksonville, San Fran, Atlanta and last place Minnesota.

Top 3 are Dallas (1.5 Bil), Washington (1.46 Bil) and New England (1.19 Bil).

I see it was already posted. Merge.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Re: NFL's Most Valuable Teams - Bills worth $821 million

merged.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

RW could of moved this franchise many years ago and made it worth alot more today than it is. It isn't like they pave the streets with gold over the past 30 years in Buffalo, if anything it's been depressed.

Many of us had seen a parent / relatives lose their lifetime job in Buffalo for one reason or another and suffer for it. RW stuck it out through tough times good and bad, keep that all in mind before you bury him.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                  RW could of moved this franchise many years ago and made it worth alot more today than it is. It isn't like they pave the streets with gold over the past 30 years in Buffalo, if anything it's been depressed.

Many of us had seen a parent / relatives lose their lifetime job in Buffalo for one reason or another and suffer for it. RW stuck it out through tough times good and bad, keep that all in mind before you bury him.
                  The freaking moron bought the team for what? $25,000? He's made his profit a thousand times over. What good is an owner that doesn't put a winner on the field? It's not like he hasn't had over thirty freaking years, and don't give me this small market ****, the NFL helps out small market teams just as much, if not more than it does the big market teams.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    The freaking moron bought the team for what? $25,000? He's made his profit a thousand times over. What good is an owner that doesn't put a winner on the field? It's not like he hasn't had over thirty freaking years, and don't give me this small market ****, the NFL helps out small market teams just as much, if not more than it does the big market teams.
                    Why don't you go to a Cowboys board and tout how awesome they are there... I for one, and I bet I'm not alone, don't care to hear it here.

Say what you want about Ralph and how cheap and miserable he is and how he's just making himself money and screwing the team... Do you think for a second this team would still be here if he weren't still the owner?

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

He could have moved this team many years but he didn't. Figure the rest out...

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                        Why don't you go to a Cowboys board and tout how awesome they are there... I for one, and I bet I'm not alone, don't care to hear it here.

Say what you want about Ralph and how cheap and miserable he is and how he's just making himself money and screwing the team... Do you think for a second this team would still be here if he weren't still the owner?
                        Ding!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

you don't want to hear it? use the ignore feature and cry me a river.

I don't want to hear the pitty party for a crappy owner.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Seriously, there wouldn't even be a team in Buffalo to move if it wasn't for Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Why not offer the team up for public sale after Ralph dies? Have at least 51% of the stock sold to local investors and put the rest out there to buy on the market. An IPO of $8.21 a share with 100 million shares being introduced would probably generate the money to buy out Ralph. With 51% of that coming from local investors (fans are included in this group), it would mean the people of western and central NY would have to come up with $420 million dolars to not only keep the team in Buffalo, but to possibly profit from projected growth. These stocks would be like gold, passed down from generation to generation (sound like anyone else in the league?) and definitely hold their value. I know I'd buy a dozen just to say I was part owner. I mean, if you're going to pay $150 for a McGahee jersey 6 months before he gets the boot, wouldn't you pay the same amount to say you owned part of the team?

Comment

Working...
                              X