PDA

View Full Version : NFL's Most Valuable Teams - Bills worth $821 million

gr8slayer
09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
http://www.forbes.com/home/business/2007/09/13/nfl-team-valuations-biz-07nfl_cz_kb_mo_cs_0913nfl_land.html

1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Washington Redskins
3. New England Patriots
4. Houston Texans
5. Philadelphia Eagles
6. Denver Broncos
7. Chicago Bears
8. New York Giants
9. Cleveland Browns
10. New York Jets
11. Baltimore Ravens
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13. Kansas City Chiefs
14. Carolina Panthers
15. Miami Dolphins
16. Pittsburgh Steelers
17. Green Bay Packers
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Seattle Seahawks
20. Cincinnati Bengals
21. Indianapolis Colts
22. St Louis Rams
23. Arizona Cardinals
24. Detroit Lions
25. New Orleans Saints
26. San Diego Chargers
27. Buffalo Bills
28. Oakland Raiders
29. Jacksonville Jaguars
30. San Francisco 49ers
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. Minnesota Vikings
Mr. Jones again shows why he is amongst the best owners in the NFL. At least one of my two favorite teams can get it right.

gr8slayer
09-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Jerry Jones:

The greatest owner in the history of the modern NFL is about to paint his masterpiece. Jerry Jones, who created the blue print for stadium economics after buying the Cowboys in 1989, is going to move into a new stadium in 2009 (the City of Arlington will own the stadium but the team will control the lease). With 80,000 seats and about 400 luxury suites (some of which will lease for more than $350,000 a season), the team's operating income could top $100 million. Not bad for a wildcatter who paid $140 million for a money losing team and stadium lease when oil was $10 a barrel and now owns the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

Ralph:

The Bills play in one of the NFL's smallest markets and the team's 88 year old owner, Ralph Wilson, has said he is fed up with the new breed of NFL owners. Wilson plans on having his estate sell the team (which means Buffalo could lose its franchise) after he dies. Wilson was not happy with the league's new collective bargaining agreement reached in March because he does not think the Bills can remain competitive with the $7 to $10 million a season subsidy he will get from richer teams like the Cowboys and Redskins. The Bills lost several star players this offseason including linebackers London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes, cornerback Nate Clements and running back Willis McGahee.Funny, I'm fed up with Ralph Wilson.

Ebenezer
09-13-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/30/biz_07nfl_Buffalo-Bills_301765.html

$821 Million??? So, I'll ask again...who is going to pony up the $1billion to keep the team here? Remember that there needs to be at least one person who kicks in, I think, it is 35%...so, who has $350mil??

Ebenezer
09-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I love these stats:

Revenue 4 $189 mil
Operating Income 5 $34.6 mil
Player Expenses 6 $102 mil

Am I reading that right?? Does that mean that RW is pocketing $53 million year from this team?? Even if he is walking away with $35 mil that is a pretty good day at the office. Think he could spare another DL?

gr8slayer
09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I love these stats:

Revenue 4 $189 mil

Am I reading that right?? Does that mean that RW is pocketing $53 million a year from this team?? Even if he is walking away with $35 mil that is a pretty good day at the office. Think he could spare another DL?
He's a cheap **** that's not serious about winning. I can't wait till someone else owns the team. If the team does get moved I blame Wilson for being a dick and not putting a winning team on the field.

Night Train
09-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Ranking 27th out of 32 teams. They are ahead of Oakland, Jacksonville, San Fran, Atlanta and last place Minnesota.

Top 3 are Dallas (1.5 Bil), Washington (1.46 Bil) and New England (1.19 Bil).

I see it was already posted. Merge.

Ebenezer
09-14-2007, 05:23 AM
merged.

Mitchy moo
09-14-2007, 06:02 AM
RW could of moved this franchise many years ago and made it worth alot more today than it is. It isn't like they pave the streets with gold over the past 30 years in Buffalo, if anything it's been depressed.

Many of us had seen a parent / relatives lose their lifetime job in Buffalo for one reason or another and suffer for it. RW stuck it out through tough times good and bad, keep that all in mind before you bury him.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 07:01 AM
RW could of moved this franchise many years ago and made it worth alot more today than it is. It isn't like they pave the streets with gold over the past 30 years in Buffalo, if anything it's been depressed.

Many of us had seen a parent / relatives lose their lifetime job in Buffalo for one reason or another and suffer for it. RW stuck it out through tough times good and bad, keep that all in mind before you bury him.
The freaking moron bought the team for what? $25,000? He's made his profit a thousand times over. What good is an owner that doesn't put a winner on the field? It's not like he hasn't had over thirty freaking years, and don't give me this small market ****, the NFL helps out small market teams just as much, if not more than it does the big market teams.

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2007, 07:12 AM
The freaking moron bought the team for what? $25,000? He's made his profit a thousand times over. What good is an owner that doesn't put a winner on the field? It's not like he hasn't had over thirty freaking years, and don't give me this small market ****, the NFL helps out small market teams just as much, if not more than it does the big market teams.

Why don't you go to a Cowboys board and tout how awesome they are there... I for one, and I bet I'm not alone, don't care to hear it here.

Say what you want about Ralph and how cheap and miserable he is and how he's just making himself money and screwing the team... Do you think for a second this team would still be here if he weren't still the owner?

The Spaz
09-14-2007, 07:55 AM
He could have moved this team many years but he didn't. Figure the rest out...

The Spaz
09-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Why don't you go to a Cowboys board and tout how awesome they are there... I for one, and I bet I'm not alone, don't care to hear it here.

Say what you want about Ralph and how cheap and miserable he is and how he's just making himself money and screwing the team... Do you think for a second this team would still be here if he weren't still the owner?

Ding!

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 08:17 AM

you don't want to hear it? use the ignore feature and cry me a river.

I don't want to hear the pitty party for a crappy owner.

madness
09-14-2007, 08:24 AM

Seriously, there wouldn't even be a team in Buffalo to move if it wasn't for Ralph Wilson. :shakeno:

Don't Panic
09-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Why not offer the team up for public sale after Ralph dies? Have at least 51% of the stock sold to local investors and put the rest out there to buy on the market. An IPO of $8.21 a share with 100 million shares being introduced would probably generate the money to buy out Ralph. With 51% of that coming from local investors (fans are included in this group), it would mean the people of western and central NY would have to come up with $420 million dolars to not only keep the team in Buffalo, but to possibly profit from projected growth. These stocks would be like gold, passed down from generation to generation (sound like anyone else in the league?) and definitely hold their value. I know I'd buy a dozen just to say I was part owner. I mean, if you're going to pay $150 for a McGahee jersey 6 months before he gets the boot, wouldn't you pay the same amount to say you owned part of the team?

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2007, 08:27 AM
you don't want to hear it? use the ignore feature and cry me a river.

I don't want to hear the pitty party for a crappy owner.

Clearly I'm not alone... You make yourself out to be Super Bills Fan #1 half the time, then you always come in here spouting off about Dallas and how great the organization is and how crappy ours is.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
What good is having a team if they are satisfied with sucking. We havent won a damn thing in damn near a decade and we along with the raiders are the joke of the league.

Go get 'em Ralph. Keep half assing it. Then when the Bills end up in San Antonio people will realize how much you suck.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Clearly I'm not alone... You make yourself out to be Super Bills Fan #1 half the time, then you always come in here spouting off about Dallas and how great the organization is and how crappy ours is.
That's your perception. I don't feel the need to impress anyone here, nor do I feel the need to make anyone think I am any more or less of a fan.

No matter what you or anyone else thinks I will continue to go to my one game a year, buy my one hat, and my one jersey (this year I bought two, one Dockery and one Everett for the obvious reason,) and I'll continue to shell out the cash needed to watch the Bills game every week at home.

mybills
09-14-2007, 08:45 AM
October 27, what year?

The Spaz
09-14-2007, 08:46 AM
That's your perception. I don't feel the need to impress anyone here, nor do I feel the need to make anyone think I am any more or less of a fan.

No matter what you or anyone else thinks I will continue to go to my one game a year, buy my one hat, and my one jersey (this year I bought two, one Dockery and one Everett for the obvious reason,) and I'll continue to shell out the cash needed to watch the Bills game every week at home.

Could you go all out and make you're one post a year as well?:snicker:

RockStar36
09-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Funny, I'm fed up with Ralph Wilson.

Then go root for the Cowboys.

And WTF is this one of my two favorite teams?

HHURRICANE
09-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Ralph not putting together a plan to keep the team in Buffalo says enough.

dannyek71
09-14-2007, 09:10 AM
$ 821 mill * 7% rate of return = 57.41

RW pockets ~ 53 mill.

If he was in it for just for the $$, he could sell the team and do better in the bond market.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2007, 09:38 AM
$ 821 mill * 7% rate of return = 57.41

RW pockets ~ 53 mill.

If he was in it for just for the $$, he could sell the team and do better in the bond market.

Your math is waaaay ooooooff! People, unless you have an accounting/financial background please don't post junk like this.

dannyek71
09-14-2007, 09:43 AM
:yap:
Your math is waaaay ooooooff! People, unless you have an accounting/financial background please don't post junk like this.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
:yap:

You realize that Ralph would have to pay taxes if he sold the team? So he doesn't get 7% on 821 million dollars. His right offs alone, jet plane, etc. are worth more than any interest he might garner selling the team?

Owning this team is the best deal on the planet.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 10:09 AM
this is hilarious. Bills fans are already *****ing about increased parking price. If Ralphy was to increase the value of the team he could raise the ticket sales to the league average and bills fans would turn into finfans who don't show up for the game.

Ralphy has done his best for a market like buffalo. If Ralphy was a bastard he could've sold or moved the team to an area where the residents can afford high ticket sales. Get real.

Jan Reimers
09-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I love these stats:

Revenue 4 $189 mil

Am I reading that right?? Does that mean that RW is pocketing $53 million year from this team?? Even if he is walking away with $35 mil that is a pretty good day at the office. Think he could spare another DL?
If Ralph is making that kind of profit, there should be plenty of local interest in keeping the team here. I can see Golisano, Rich and Jacobs salivating over those kinds of profit margins.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 10:23 AM
this is hilarious. Bills fans are already *****ing about increased parking price. If Ralphy was to increase the value of the team he could raise the ticket sales to the league average and bills fans would turn into finfans who don't show up for the game.

Ralphy has done his best for a market like buffalo. If Ralphy was a bastard he could've sold or moved the team to an area where the residents can afford high ticket sales. Get real.Again, who cares about having a team in Buffalo if the owner isn't doing what needs to be done to be a winner. He's had long enough and still no championship, pathetic.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2007, 10:29 AM

Ralphy has done his best for a market like buffalo. If Ralphy was a bastard he could've sold or moved the team to an area where the residents can afford high ticket sales. Get real.

I actually think you are right and wrong in the same post. Ralph Wilson needs to stop treating the fan base like they are just happy to have a team. If the ticket price should be X than charge X.

Ralph's logic is insane. I won't spend money on a winner because the fans can't afford to pay for one. Quite frankly I'd rather have him spend the money on a winning team, raise prices to the league average, and see what happens. If fans don't buy tickets than move the team without guilt.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Again, who cares about having a team in Buffalo if the owner isn't doing what needs to be done to be a winner. He's had long enough and still no championship, pathetic.
then why are you around then?

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 10:34 AM
I actually think you are right and wrong in the same post. Ralph Wilson needs to stop treating the fan base like they are just happy to have a team. If the ticket price should be X than charge X.

Ralph's logic is insane. I won't spend money on a winner because the fans can't afford to pay for one. Quite frankly I'd rather have him spend the money on a winning team, raise prices to the league average, and see what happens. If fans don't buy tickets than move the team without guilt.

I am not arguing whether or not Ralphy makes good football decisions. I've always maintained he's crappy in dong so.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 10:34 AM
then why are you around then?
I'm hoping the next owner has a brain. Thank god it's only a matter of time.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I am not arguing whether or not Ralphy makes good football decisions. I've always maintained he's crappy in dong so.
Then why are you around?

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 10:36 AM
yeah the next owner could have a brain businesswise and not care about the area and move it to Toronto or some major city where he may make more cash.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 10:36 AM
yeah the next owner could have a brain businesswise and not care about the area and move it to Toronto or some major city where he may make more cash.
As long as he puts a winning team on the field I really don't care.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Then why are you around?

I care. You're the one who said "who cares" .

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 10:38 AM
As long as he puts a winning team on the field I really don't care.
In another city?

There's always the sabres. :ill:

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 10:39 AM
And you know what Justa? If the Bills do move you can blame no one but Ralph Wilson.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
In another city?

There's always the sabres. :ill:
I find it unlikely that the NFL would make it easy for the Bills to leave. It's one of the more storied franchises in league history. Although Cleveland lost the Browns and Houston lost the Oilers.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2007, 10:42 AM
I find it unlikely that the NFL would make it easy for the Bills to leave. It's one of the more storied franchises in league history. Although Cleveland lost the Browns and Houston lost the Oilers.

Like the Colts or Browns right?

The Bills are as storied as the Raiders and Al Davis moves them on a whim.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
And you know what Justa? If the Bills do move you can blame no one but Ralph Wilson. Really? You mean the economy of WNY has nothing to do with it? If it wasn't for Ralphy, the team would've been gone a long time ago too.Like I said, I'm gald that Ralphy kept the team in the area. Ralphy's made good and bad decisions.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
It's not up to the nfl.

gr8slayer
09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Really? You mean the economy of WNY has nothing to do with it? If it wasn't for Ralphy, the team would've been gone a long time ago too.Like I said, I'm gald that Ralphy kept the team in the area. Ralphy's made good and bad decisions.
You're kidding yourself if you don't think he's making a hell of a profit.

BTW, what does all that have to do with Ralph hiring bad coaches, GM's, drafting poorly, not bringing in decent FA's (for the most part). We have $19 million just sitting there and we aren't doing crap with it.

madness
09-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Like the Colts or Browns right?

The Bills are as storied as the Raiders and Al Davis moves them on a whim.

If wasn't for Wilson, the Raiders and the Patriots might have never made it this far.

Wait a sec...talk about irony.

justasportsfan
You're kidding yourself if you don't think he's making a hell of a profit.

BTW, what does all that have to do with Ralph hiring bad coaches, GM's, drafting poorly, not bringing in decent FA's (for the most part). We have $19 million just sitting there and we aren't doing crap with it.I never said he's not making a profit. I was talking about you *****ing that the value isn't up with the other major cities.

gr8slayer
If wasn't for Wilson, the Raiders and the Patriots might have never made it this far.

Wait a sec...talk about irony.
Seriously.

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Again, who cares about having a team in Buffalo if the owner isn't doing what needs to be done to be a winner. He's had long enough and still no championship, pathetic.

Very easy for you to say, since you don't live there...

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I love these stats:

Revenue 4 $189 mil

Not a lot of business majors here I see.

The $53 million is not profit. He still has to pay all the non-players expenses.

He probably doesn't clear $10 mil, by the time you pay the front office and pay for all the other expenses invoplved in running the team.

RockStar36
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM

Wow, what a classy fan. That statement makes me sick.

Go root for your Cowpukes now.

mikemac2001
09-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Would the bills be here if it wasnt for ralph

And you cant tell someone how to spend there money, he is a business man and will make business choices.

Tho i feel ralph could have made some more moves its not my money to spend

also everyone will wish ralph was here after he dies WHY because we wont have a team to root for and the one sport i love to watch will never be the same

Ebenezer
09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Would the bills be here if it wasnt for ralph

And you cant tell someone how to spend there money, he is a business man and will make business choices.

Tho i feel ralph could have made some more moves its not my money to spend

also everyone will wish ralph was here after he dies WHY because we wont have a team to root for and the one sport i love to watch will never be the same
i don't disagree but read my column on the front page this week...i actually feel the longer he lives the more likely it will be that the team leaves because the value grow each year.

ddaryl
09-14-2007, 12:18 PM
And you know what Justa? If the Bills do move you can blame no one but Ralph Wilson.

that is a dumb asss statement.

the Bills would have been gone 10 years ago if we had another owner.

Buffalo is a blue collar city.

You will never see 80,000 seats and 4000 luxury suites in Buffalo.... EVER!!!

the next owners will probably be priced outof the buffalo market, they won't be able to buy the Bils for a price capable of paying the Bills.

You'll never be a Bills fan in my eyees.... no Bills fan ever has anythign positive to say about Dallas.

mikemac2001
09-14-2007, 12:22 PM
You'll never be a Bills fan in my eyees.... no Bills fan ever has anythign positive to say about Dallas.

Daryl you gotta say there cheerleaders are smokin :dance:

Ebenezer
09-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Daryl you gotta say there cheerleaders are smokin :dance:
:ill:

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
that is a dumb asss statement.

the Bills would have been gone 10 years ago if we had another owner.

Buffalo is a blue collar city.

You will never see 80,000 seats and 4000 luxury suites in Buffalo.... EVER!!!

the next owners will probably be priced outof the buffalo market, they won't be able to buy the Bils for a price capable of paying the Bills.

POSbeing a bills fan comes with a lot of heartache. You gotta take the good with the bad otherwise ,you're nothing but a fairweathered fan.

Look on the bright side, you could be funtimes rooting for 2 crappy teams. :respect:

Mr. Pink
09-14-2007, 12:36 PM
being a bills fan comes with a lot of heartache. You gotta take the good with the bad otherwise ,you're nothing but a fairweathered fan.

Look on the bright side, you could be funtimes rooting for 2 crappy teams. :respect:

You have to admire my dedication on that one.

I could have easily jumped ship long ago!

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 12:37 PM
You have to admire my dedication on that one.

I could have easily jumped ship long ago!
see the respect smiley :up: