X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

3-4 Defense...

We better get used to playing against this 3-4 defense. Not only does evey team in our division employ it. But we play 4 teams outside our Division this year who play the 3-4. Thats 10 games!

Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Dallas.

I hope we have some sort of solution for this offensively. What we do have going for us is that 3-4 teams usually blitz the weak side which is Jason Peters side. If anyone can handle it its Peters.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: 3-4 Defense...

Run!

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
      Run!
      Well running isnt easy on 3-4 teams either. Baltimore, San Diego, New England , Pittsburgh and Miami are all good at stuffing the run. You have to be able to throw on these teams and make them pay for blitzing.

Comment

• User Manuel
        The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
        • Nov 2003

Remember when the Corey era Bills and after were behind the times when running the 3-4.......

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
          What we do have going for us is that 3-4 teams usually blitz the weak side which is Jason Peters side. If anyone can handle it its Peters.
          Actually, most defensive coordinators scheme their blitzes to the opponents' weak side, no matter what fronts they employ. There are some who do it well from the strong side too , though. San Diego and Carolina come to mind, w/ Houston maybe being a team on the rise.

Originally posted by The Spaz
          Run!
          Easy enough. Good thing they don't have any kind of run stuffers on their team. I mean, counting all of last year and the first game of this year, they've given up 100 yards rushing to a grand total of....uh.....umm......oh yeah, ZERO backs.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by R. Rich
            Actually, most defensive coordinators scheme their blitzes to the opponents' weak side, no matter what fronts they employ. There are some who do it well from the strong side too , though. San Diego and Carolina come to mind, w/ Houston maybe being a team on the rise.

Easy enough. Good thing they don't have any kind of run stuffers on their team. I mean, counting all of last year and the first game of this year, they've given up 100 yards rushing to a grand total of....uh.....umm......oh yeah, ZERO backs.
            What I meant was that 3-4 teams Blitz often. So you have to have an athletic LT to have a chance. Which we do! This is Peters chance to show how good he is.

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
              What I meant was that 3-4 teams Blitz often. So you have to have an athletic LT to have a chance. Which we do! This is Peters chance to show how good he is.
              You need a pair of tackles that can quickly get to the outside rusher, recognize the blitzes from either the inside 'backer or safety, and also be wary of the push from the front 3. The 3-4 is all 'bout mismatches up front, and when it's done correctly, it's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Working...
              X