PDA

View Full Version : Patriot-gate Timeline

Mudflap1
09-14-2007, 11:40 AM
How did Patriotgate unfold? Here are some important dates:

January 2000: Patriots hire Bill Belichick as head coach, Belichick hires Eric Mangini as defensive backs coach.

January 2002: Patriots defeat Steelers in AFC Championship Game. Steelers receiver Hines Ward now says the Patriots "knew a lot of our calls."

December 2004: Patriots defeat Bengals 35-28 at Gillette Stadium. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis later said his team's headsets went out during the game.

February 2005: Patriots defeat Eagles in Super Bowl. Players on the Eagles now say they were amazed at the Patriots' ability to know which defensive calls were coming.

January 2006: Patriots defeat Jaguars in playoffs. Jaguars get two delay-of-game penalties early in the game, and Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio later says, "Our coach-to-quarterback system mysteriously malfunctioned the entire first half."

January 2006: Jets hire Mangini as head coach.

October 2006: Bills lose to Patriots, suspect cheating but don't report it.

November 2006: Packers president Bob Harlan receives tip that Patriots use a cameraman to steal signals. Packers catch Patriots employee Matt Estrella with a camera on the sidelines and tell him to leave the sideline. Packers later catch Estrella filming from a tunnel and remove him from the stadium completely.

December 2006: Patriots beat Lions in a surprisingly close game at Gillette Stadium. Lions later say their headsets malfunctioned at key times in two consecutive offensive drives.

September 9, 2007: Estrella caught taping Jets' defensive signals.

September 12, 2007: Belichick apologizes "to everyone who has been affected."

September 13, 2007: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell fines Belichick $500,000, fines the Patriots $250,000 and docks the Patriots either a first-round draft pick or second- and third-round picks.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/nfl/page/2/

Jon

Pinkerton Security
09-14-2007, 11:58 AM
November 2006: Packers president Bob Harlan receives tip that Patriots use a cameraman to steal signals. Packers catch Patriots employee Matt Estrella with a camera on the sidelines and tell him to leave the sideline. Packers later catch Estrella filming from a tunnel and remove him from the stadium completely.

This right there surprises me the most, surprising in that nothing else happened. ALso, idk how common of an occurence it is for headsets to cut out, but this is some F***** up stuff. I dont think I could hate Belicheck more...

The Spaz
09-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Amazing!! :monkeyp: Patriots

Ebenezer
09-14-2007, 12:02 PM

January 2000: Patriots hire Bill Belichick as head coach, Belichick hires Eric Mangini as defensive backs coach.

January 2002: Patriots defeat Steelers in AFC Championship Game. Steelers receiver Hines Ward now says the Patriots "knew a lot of our calls."

December 2004: Patriots defeat Bengals 35-28 at Gillette Stadium. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis later said his team's headsets went out during the game.

February 2005: Patriots defeat Eagles in Super Bowl. Players on the Eagles now say they were amazed at the Patriots' ability to know which defensive calls were coming.

January 2006: Patriots defeat Jaguars in playoffs. Jaguars get two delay-of-game penalties early in the game, and Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio later says, "Our coach-to-quarterback system mysteriously malfunctioned the entire first half."

December 2006: Patriots beat Lions in a surprisingly close game at Gillette Stadium. Lions later say their headsets malfunctioned at key times in two consecutive offensive drives.

September 13, 2007: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell fines Belichick $500,000, fines the Patriots $250,000 and docks the Patriots either a first-round draft pick or second- and third-round picks.

Jon
nothing that comes out is going to surprise me...why would he only try to steal signals? why not use microphones, play with the headsets, etc. this may only be the tip of the iceberg.

The Spaz
09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
nothing that comes out is going to surprise me...why would he only try to steal signals? why not use microphones, play with the headsets, etc. this may only be the tip of the iceberg.

There have been reports of all that as well. There was something I read about the Patriots D-Line wearing mics. to pick up on calls. There was also reports of Patriots trying to tap into a teams headsets to get calls as well.

Mr. Pink
09-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Don't forget Mangini was a Browns ball boy/peon under Belichick back in 95.

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
This right there surprises me the most, surprising in that nothing else happened. ALso, idk how common of an occurence it is for headsets to cut out, but this is some F***** up stuff. I dont think I could hate Belicheck more...

I do remember a few times when teams have had trouble with their headsets, particularly when they first started using them. I also seem to recall a few games where one team's headset went out so the refs made both teams stop using them.

I don't recall seeing any of that over the last 5 years, and I certainly don't recall multiple cases of visitors' (and only visitors') headsets malfunctioning in crucial drives in one stadium. At the very least, the Patriots knew about problems with the visiting team's headsets and did nothing about it. More likely, though, something much more deliberate occurred.

The Lions one pissed me off the most. "I can't believe we're losing to THESE guys- we're the ***** PATRIOTS. Quick, go screw with their headsets. And where's that cameraman with the damn defensive signals!"

Gunzlingr
09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I don't think Bellycheck will be sending Mangina a christmas card this year.

Michael82
09-14-2007, 03:41 PM
:ill:

Ebenezer
09-14-2007, 03:45 PM
There have been reports of all that as well. There was something I read about the Patriots D-Line wearing mics. to pick up on calls. There was also reports of Patriots trying to tap into a teams headsets to get calls as well.
guarenteed that the next time an opponents headset/microphone doesn't work at Foxboro, even if it is completely an accident, there will be a major news event and investigation.

njsue
09-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Jon

This is so un real that they got away with this crap for all this time. Bellyache should have been suspended for this. Kraft had to know about this!!

DynaPaul
09-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Mangini just totally destroyed his mentor.

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Would like to see the NFL investigate this more.

LtBillsFan66
09-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm so ***** mad at the Pats. What they did is so bush league. No punishment can be enough. I'm actually surprised that there isn't more about it on espn and the sports channels.

mybills
09-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Go San Diego!

Cntrygal
09-18-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm so ***** mad at the Pats. What they did is so bush league. No punishment can be enough. I'm actually surprised that there isn't more about it on espn and the sports channels.

I'm not surprised. The patsies are the golden child to espn & company. If at all possible - they won't bring it up again. :down: