PDA

View Full Version : Fans may get crack at Aud mementos

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/162516.html

http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/2007/09/14/07/487-LOCAL_KIRKHAM_memorial_aud.standalone.prod_affiliate.50.jpg

Buffalo sports fans may get a chance to own a piece of local sports history as the city contemplates selling off seats, lockers and other items from Memorial Auditorium.

“We’re definitely going to take a look into what is salvageable and the appropriate protocol to sell it,” said Peter Cutler, spokesman for Mayor Byron W. Brown. “There’s a lot of history in there, a lot of great memories for people across the region, and we’d like to make it available.”

Buffalo Sabres spokesman Michael Gilbert predicted hockey fans will embrace an opportunity to buy a piece of Aud history.

“We get calls from time to time, asking about buying stuff from the Aud. We’ve told them we don’t control the building, it’s up to the city,” Gilbert said. “I’m sure there’s a big market out there for the seats and whatever else will become available.”

Earlier this week, the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corp. board hired a firm to oversee removal of asbestos and other hazardous materials from the Aud and the adjacent Donovan State Office Building in preparation for demolishing the 67- year-old arena.

Under a preliminary timetable, the removal work will begin in early next year, followed by demolition in 2009.

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I'll take a couple of reds.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Oranges here! I could never afford the Reds or blues as a youngin.

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
In the beginning our seats were blue, but they got rid of the grays, made them blue, and made our blue seats red so they could charge us more.

Ebenezer
09-14-2007, 12:00 PM
they were saying on the radio this morning that anything with fabric may be beyond use due to mold and mildew growth. also, they said somethings were literally falling about due to rot.

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Pat Quinn's mother used to sit behind us when he played for the Atlanta Flames.

Dude
09-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Does the purchase of items from the Aud include a haz-mat suit?

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I want to finally sit in a gold seat, dammit!

As a side note, does anybody else call the 300s in HSBC oranges? :couch:

Ebenezer
09-14-2007, 12:17 PM

i have used that term.

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2007, 12:37 PM

No, some of us were born withing the last half century...

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
No, some of us were born withing the last half century...

And some of you are going to die in the next decade if the attitude remains the same....................

Dude
09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
You needed a sherpa to get to your seat in the oranges.

But the center ice seats there were some of the best in the house.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
You are freaking old arent you!

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
And some of you are going to die in the next decade if the attitude remains the same....................

You'd have to catch me first man!

I was only ever in the Aud once, and that was for the circus... (Lecter was that you I saw getting out of that tiny car?) I was sitting down low but went up to the top to check it out and I got some definite vertigo. I'm afraid of heights to some extent and I really didn't like it up that high at that age, looking straight down like that.

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
You are freaking old arent you!
:ill: :ee:

JD
09-14-2007, 01:44 PM
I have friends who've gone in, and taken memorabilia in the past year. They never locked the loading docks. Surprised nobody has seen bums in there.. not sure if anyone took a seat though. But there are random seats missing so i would assume so. Broken hockey sticks, bloody gauze, pucks, flyers, magazines is all thats pretty much left lol. a row of oranges would look great in my basment sports area :D

Michael82
09-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I have friends who've gone in, and taken memorabilia in the past year. They never locked the loading docks. Surprised nobody has seen bums in there.. not sure if anyone took a seat though. But there are random seats missing so i would assume so. Broken hockey sticks, bloody gauze, pucks, flyers, magazines is all thats pretty much left lol. a row of oranges would look great in my basment sports area :D
what kinds of stuff have they taken? I would definitely like some kind of memorabilia from there.... :D

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't know Thurm- this really should be in the Sabres zone. I think you're reaching for topics in this Buffalo forum.

Michael82
09-14-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't know Thurm- this really should be in the Sabres zone.

hmm, you got a point there! :up:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-14-2007, 07:24 PM
In the beginning our seats were blue, but they got rid of the grays, made them blue, and made our blue seats red so they could charge us more.

Grays to blues? Hello, I'm old.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I want the scoreboard :laughing:

chubluv
09-14-2007, 08:40 PM
There has to be something besides seats worth salvaging out of the old Aud.

chernobylwraiths
09-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I took the title too literally and thought the Aud had turned into one giant crackhouse.

SabreEleven
09-14-2007, 10:46 PM

You should have kicked her in the uterus.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I don't know Thurm- this really should be in the Sabres zone. I think you're reaching for topics in this Buffalo forum.
Yeah what a reach.... an article about the tearing down of a Buffalo landmark and the possible sale of items to the public... :ill:

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Sabres don't play there any more. The Braves, Golden Griffins, Stallions, concerts and all kinds of events were held in the Aud. This should be in the Buffalo forum. I sure as hell saw more Stallions games than Sabres games when I was younger. I could actually afford the tickets!

Dude
09-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Dup thread in the Buffalo Zone, so let's keep the conversation in one place.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=134386