PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not Too Worried about Our Defenses Injuries

raphael120
09-14-2007, 01:18 PM
I think I can safely say that losing Jason Webster is not that big of a deal, I think the time has long been overdue that Youboty be tested to see if he was worth the 3rd round pick. And I think i can also safely say that Youboty should easily duplicate, if not be better than Webster considering Webster did absolutely nothing positive for this team.

Keith Ellison. I'm sorry, but this kid is a 6th round pick and is unspectacular at best. I think when you have DiGi stepping in for him, it's a wash. I actually saw more from DiGi than I did from Ellison in preseason.

Coy Wire. I'm not sure he's as fast as we would need him to be on the outside, I think DiGi is one of the fastest LB's on our team, so again, I think it's a wash. Our LB talent on that side is so weak that you can debate that we could plug Ellison/Wire/or Digi in there and you'll probably get the same mediocre results. Here's hoping that DiGi shows why he was giving Poz a run for his money at the MLB spot. Like I said, I like having Digi WITH Poz in the backfield at the same time.

Ko Simpson. I think this is the only spot that will impact the team. But thus far I've liked what I've seen from Leonard, the only thing that scares the crap out of me is that he's extremely undersized and one of the knocks on him is does he really have the speed we need at that position? I think when its all said and done, it's going to come down to how well Leonard can step in and play because we already have weaknesses due to injuries and they're all on the weak side. Digi, Youboty, and Leonard need to step up because people are going to be gashing us for yards even more so than normal and really pick on that side of the field. Leonard is suppisivly one of the smarter guys on the field tho, so heres hoping his smarts can make up for his physical shortcomings.

I'll be going to the game and I really hope it's competative, there's nothing more I'd like to see but for us to make a game of it and if they somehow come out the end the winner, it's going to be sweet to push in the face of all my Steeler fan friends!

Here's to really makin the blue and red be spackled in that crowd of black and gold, all Bills fans goin to this game, let's try to represent!!!

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 01:22 PM
:tap:

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't like Leonard so far.

If Cutler throws that ball 2 feet higher, the receiver that was 10 yards behind him catches a TD instead of an INT.

raphael120
09-14-2007, 01:24 PM
:tap:
:lmao:

raphael120
09-14-2007, 01:25 PM

If Cutler throws that ball 2 feet higher, the receiver that was 10 yards behind him catches a TD instead of an INT.

Do you think it was a good thing or a bad thing he had so many tackles?

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 01:28 PM
:lmao:

For some reason I knew you wouldn't honor the bet.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2007, 01:28 PM

Arggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

You hate it when people play the "If, then" game. And now you are doing it??????????

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Arggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

You hate it when people play the "If, then" game. And now you are doing it??????????

huh? Leonard was out of position- it was a lucky pick. He was out of position all game and they were always throwing to the receiver he was supposed to have covered- that's why he racked up so many tackles.

Like it or not Leonard was out of position on that play. Fortunately, he got away with it THAT time, but he won't be able to get away with it every time.

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 01:31 PM

mostly a bad thing- you don't want a S tackling RB's (although that's not Leonard's fault) and a lot of the tackles he had were after they completed a pass to the guy he was supposed to be covering.

raphael120
09-14-2007, 01:31 PM
For some reason I knew you wouldn't honor the bet.

Call it a wash. I don't think I deserve that kind of insult in my sig when Peerless Price showed exactly what I thought was going to happen. In fact what he did HURT the team, at least him not catching that ball would've made them 2 yards closer to the endzone. I proved my point, if I have to put up that sig, I think it needs to have an asteriks.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Arggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word!

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Call it a wash. I don't think I deserve that kind of insult in my sig when Peerless Price showed exactly what I thought was going to happen. In fact what he did HURT the team, at least him not catching that ball would've made them 2 yards closer to the endzone. I proved my point, if I have to put up that sig, I think it needs to have an asteriks.whatever , you accepted the terms. Back it up.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 01:34 PM
huh? Leonard was out of position- it was a lucky pick. He was out of position all game and they were always throwing to the receiver he was supposed to have covered- that's why he racked up so many tackles.

Like it or not Leonard was out of position on that play. Fortunately, he got away with it THAT time, but he won't be able to get away with it every time.

If Kelsay didn't miss the tackle, If Lynch didn't run out of bounds. If Skobey didn't make a dumbass penalty, .... Like it or not the Boncos weren't better, they were just lucky?

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
A bad thing. They threw at him almost every play.

raphael120
09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
mostly a bad thing- you don't want a S tackling RB's (although that's not Leonard's fault) and a lot of the tackles he had were after they completed a pass to the guy he was supposed to be covering.

I did notice they picked on the side that Webster was on a whole lot more than mcGee's side.

Did anyone notice that at times, that Webster was covering Walker a lot?

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 01:37 PM
If Kelsay didn't miss the tackle, If Lynch didn't run out of bounds. If Skobey didn't make a dumbass penalty, .... Like it or not the Boncos weren't better, they were just lucky?

huh?

On those plays the Bills didn't execute and that's why we lost- they executed and we didn't.

None of that has anything to do with Leonard being out of position on the play where he got the pick. That time, it worked out for us, but we won't get away with it every time or even most times .

raphael120
09-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Forget the defense, we'll fail if our offense doesn't step it the **** up. Our whole scheme on our defense is strongest when your offense stays on the field and puts up points.

The defense has all the reasons in the world to play terrible, our offense, not so much.

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
So I believe the statement here is "don't worry about the defensive injuries because we already sucked so bad to begin with, it can't get too much worse"?

raphael120
09-14-2007, 01:49 PM
So I believe the statement here is "don't worry about the defensive injuries because we already sucked so bad to begin with, it can't get too much worse"?

No, we have a young defense that should get better with time. We're replacing young players with potential (cept for the CB spot), with other young players with potential. What's the difference? Everyones going to need to take their lumps. Im more comfortable with Youboty than Webster. At least Youboty has the excuse that he's young and inexperienced at this point, Webster just stunk.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 01:51 PM
huh?

On those plays the Bills didn't execute and that's why we lost- they executed and we didn't.

None of that has anything to do with Leonard being out of position on the play where he got the pick. That time, it worked out for us, but we won't get away with it every time or even most times .

you can't go arround saying he was luckyor that he was out of position. Youre finding fault on a play . He made the INT therefore he was in position. LIke Lecter said you can play if's when you yourself are against it.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
If Kiwaukee Thomas did not slip, he would have tackled Cutler on the 4th and 2, so I declare the game a Bills victory.

madness
09-14-2007, 02:24 PM

I'm sorry but I'm calling you out on this one. You say you need to learn more about the game but then you act like you know everything when you try to back your opinion.

Leonhard is a smart football player and is almost always in the right position to make a play.

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 22 </TD><TD class=downText>(:38) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short left intended for 14-B.Stokley INTERCEPTED by 42-J.Leonhard at BUF 8. 42-J.Leonhard to BUF 44 for 36 yards (15-B.Marshall). Pass overthrown, receiver at BUF 12.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The pass was intended for Stokely to take advantage of the soft spot in the short zone for a first down. Leonhard recognizes the play and breaks toward Stokley as Cutler needs to throw high while Thomas is trailing and Webster is late seeing Stokley coming into his zone.

You can see it for yourself @ 55 sec. into the highlights at nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8022c601

Let us know how that humble pie tastes. :supper:

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
you can't go arround saying he was luckyor that he was out of position. Youre finding fault on a play . He made the INT therefore he was in position. LIke Lecter said you can play if's when you yourself are against it.

no, that's horrible logic. He made a mistake and fortunately Cutler made a mistake on the same play.

He was out of position, period. We got lucky. We won't get lucky next time.

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm sorry but I'm calling you out on this one. You say you need to learn more about the game but then you act like you know everything when you try to back your opinion.

Leonhard is a smart football player and is almost always in the right position to make a play.

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 22 </TD><TD class=downText>(:38) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short left intended for 14-B.Stokley INTERCEPTED by 42-J.Leonhard at BUF 8. 42-J.Leonhard to BUF 44 for 36 yards (15-B.Marshall). Pass overthrown, receiver at BUF 12.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The pass was intended for Stokely to take advantage of the soft spot in the short zone for a first down. Leonhard recognizes the play and breaks toward Stokley as Cutler needs to throw high while Thomas is trailing and Webster is late seeing Stokley coming into his zone.

You can see it for yourself @ 55 sec. into the highlights at nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8022c601

Let us know how that humble pie tastes. :supper:

hahaha I'm not eating any humble pie- go watch the replay. There was a receiver BEHIND Leonard in or near the replay. So Cutler made TWO mistakes- overthrowing Stokely AND not seeing the open receiver. If Cutler needed to throw high, the guy BEHIND Leonard would have been the easier target.

Wow, that post was one hell of a spin job. Karl Rove is going to be calling you up for election advice very shortly.

PECKERWOOD
09-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Ellison will be fine.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
no, that's horrible logic. He made a mistake and fortunately Cutler made a mistake on the same play.

He was out of position, period. We got lucky. We won't get lucky next time.

haha! He made an INT. That's a fact. Therefore he was where he was supposed to be.

LUck is your opinion. The INT is a stat. It's a fact.

You're turning into your old self. Trying to find fault in something positive. :rolleyes:

Don't tell me about logic, you're the one who cant accept if's unless you're the one saying it.

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
haha! He made an INT. That's a fact. Therefore he was where he was supposed to be.

LUck is your opinion. The INT is a stat. It's a fact.

You're turning into your old self. Trying to find fault in something positive. :rolleyes:

Don't tell me about logic, you're the one who cant accept if's unless you're the one saying it.

no, you're wrong. He was where Cutler threw the ball- you're making the false assumption that the BALL was where it was supposed to be, and it wasn't.

If you think having a WR WIDE OPEN in the endzone is a positive, you're kidding yourself. The only positive was that Cutler sucks too bad to find him.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 03:35 PM
no, you're wrong. He was where Cutler threw the ball- you're making the false assumption that the BALL was where it was supposed to be, and it wasn't.

If you think having a WR WIDE OPEN in the endzone is a positive, you're kidding yourself. The only positive was that Cutler sucks too bad to find him.

that's your OPINION. I don't see you on the bills staff knowing whether or not he was where he was suppose to be.

Again, it's an INT.

madness
09-14-2007, 03:43 PM
hahaha I'm not eating any humble pie- go watch the replay. There was a receiver BEHIND Leonard in or near the replay. So Cutler made TWO mistakes- overthrowing Stokely AND not seeing the open receiver. If Cutler needed to throw high, the guy BEHIND Leonard would have been the easier target.

Wow, that post was one hell of a spin job. Karl Rove is going to be calling you up for election advice very shortly.

It was 3-1 and the play was designed for Stokely to pick up the first down. Leonhard saw the play and broke from his zone leaving your supposed man wide open. Anybody who ever played a lick of football can see that. I'm guessing you learned about football by watching TV and playing madden.

I'm not surprised you can't admit your wrong. The spin job is always done by you and everybody on this board knows this. Absolutely pathetic man.

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 03:47 PM
It was 3-1 and the play was designed for Stokely to pick up the first down. Leonhard saw the play and broke from his zone leaving your supposed man wide open. Anybody who ever played a lick of football can see that. I'm guessing you learned about football by watching TV and playing madden.

I'm not surprised you can't admit your wrong. The spin job is always done by you and everybody on this board knows this. Absolutely pathetic man.

there was a wide open receiver in the end zone. Leonard was nowhere near him- he was floating in space without committing to either man. If Cutler had gone long, it would have been a TD.

The play was designed to pick up a 1 yard first down? Then why was Cutler throwing it 10 yards past the LOS in the first place?

Spin it any way you like- a man was STILL wide open in the endzone and Leonard wouldn't have had an opportunity to break on the ball if it had been thrown there. He was out of position.

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 03:49 PM
and you know, I just might be more willing to believe you if Leonard wasn't out of position on so many other plays.

He got a ton of tackles because they kept throwing it to the guy that Leonard was supposed to be covering, then he'd run in from 5 yards away to make the tackle.

madness
09-14-2007, 03:51 PM
there was a wide open receiver in the end zone. Leonard was nowhere near him- he was floating in space without committing to either man. If Cutler had gone long, it would have been a TD.

The play was designed to pick up a 1 yard first down? Then why was Cutler throwing it 10 yards past the LOS in the first place?

Spin it any way you like- a man was STILL wide open in the endzone and Leonard wouldn't have had an opportunity to break on the ball if it had been thrown there. He was out of position.

So we're crazy for throwing it down the field on 3 and 5 but Cutler should have been looking endzone on 3 and 1.

:rofl:

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 03:53 PM
So we're crazy for throwing it down the field on 3 and 5 but Cutler should have been looking endzone on 3 and 1.

wow, pure ignorance.

3rd and 1 is not 3rd and 5.

The first half is not the second half.

The game was not on the line on Cutler's play like it was for us. The wisest course of action for us at that point of the game was to kill the clock- Denver wasn't quite so worried about it at that stage of the game.

You're falling into justa mode- inability to make distinctions.

BlackMetalNinja
09-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Being at the game first hand, that ball was horribly thrown to absolutely nobody. It was way over the intended reciever and nobody was really close behind it. Leonard had that thing gift wrapped to him.

madness
09-14-2007, 04:06 PM
wow, pure ignorance.

3rd and 1 is not 3rd and 5.

The first half is not the second half.

The game was not on the line on Cutler's play like it was for us. The wisest course of action for us at that point of the game was to kill the clock- Denver wasn't quite so worried about it at that stage of the game.

You're falling into justa mode- inability to make distinctions.

You know a lot about that don't you?

Last time. The play was designed to pick up the first down, Leonhard recognized the play and broke on it. The QB made a bad throw and capitalized on it.

When discussing the defense Coach Tomlin even brought up Leonhard and how well he did filling in for Simpson in his presser.

Should we inform him and the rest of the league that their opinion on Leonhard is off basis according to you?

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Last time. The play was designed to pick up the first down, Leonhard recognized the play and broke on it. The QB made a bad throw and capitalized on it.

When discussing the defense Coach Tomlin even brought up Leonhard and how well he did filling in for Simpson in his presser.

Should we inform him and the rest of the league that their opinion on Leonhard is off basis according to you?

You're wrong about the touchdown and even if you were right, it doesn't excuse the number of other times Leonard was out of position. You have an eyewitness account who was at the game saying the ball was thrown to nowhere- what excuse does Leonard have for being in the middle of nowhere?

And why do you seem to think that the underneath guy was the only guy who could pick up the first down? And how do you KNOW the play was designed to pick up the first down and Denver wasn't trying to catch the Bills off guard in a run D? Are you psychic? Were you on their sidelines?

You come at me with this smug "I played football and you didn't" attitude but there are a lot of holes in your analysis of that play.

shelby
09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Do y'all just love to argue, or what?

:shakeno:

raphael120
09-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Go look at all the plays in which big chunks of yardage were gained by plays that were thrown to his side, even run plays. Leonard is in on the tackles on most of them.

You focus on the gimme INT but you fail to see the 20 times he did something wrong.

In your eyes, Leonard could allow 4 TD's and as long as he has a INT or a fumble or pass breakup, it's A-OK!

justasportsfan
and you know, I just might be more willing to believe you if Leonard wasn't out of position on so many other plays.

He got a ton of tackles because they kept throwing it to the guy that Leonard was supposed to be covering, then he'd run in from 5 yards away to make the tackle.
haha! How often you make crap up as you go when you get desperate.

We get it OP. Any plays our players made was luck as far as your expertise goes. Roscoe had nothing to do with that TD, he was just lucky our players happened to be standing arround watching him run unknowingly making blocks.

Lynch didn't make a TD, he was lucky he was dragged by the defenders who were running backwards.

:snicker:

raphael120

Nah, Tomlins just gonna straight up say "Hey, that Leonard kid sucks."

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 04:54 PM
haha! How often you make crap up as you go when you get desperate.

We get it OP. Any plays our players made was luck as far as your expertise goes. Roscoe had nothing to do with that TD, he was just lucky our players happened to be standing arround watching him run unknowingly making blocks.

Lynch didn't make a TD, he was lucky he was dragged by the defenders who were running backwards.

:snicker:

I'm getting desperate but you're the one who's changing the subject. Every time you can't counter a point you just go "haha" and bring up some unrelated examples that have nothing to do with the situation at hand. Roscoe's TD has NOTHING to do with the fact that Leonard was out of position and Cutler missed the pass to the same spot. They're totally unrelated.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm getting desperate but you're the one who's changing the subject. Every time you can't counter a point you just go "haha" and bring up some unrelated examples that have nothing to do with the situation at hand. Roscoe's TD has NOTHING to do with the fact that Leonard was out of position and Cutler missed the pass to the same spot. They're totally unrelated.
He made a play. It's an INT.

Anything else is your opinion. Not FACT. I know you have a hard time dealing with facts especially that ones that proves you WRONG!

If you think in your expert opinion of the cover 2 that he was out of place, then so be it. I cannot change what you believe.

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
He made a play. It's an INT.

Anything else is your opinion. Not FACT. I know you have a hard time dealing with facts especially that ones that proves you WRONG!

oh?

it's not a fact that the pass was nowhere near the receiver? It's not a fact that there was a WR open in the endzone?

The eyewitness accounts and videotape evidence suggest otherwise.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 05:02 PM
oh?

it's not a fact that the pass was nowhere near the receiver? It's not a fact that there was a WR open in the endzone?

The eyewitness accounts and videotape evidence suggest otherwise.
It could've been anything like a miss communication between qb and wr but you have no qualifications of the cover 2 that proves you're right that Leonard was out of place.

Like I said, you can believe what you want to about what you think you know. The day you get hired as a DC for any team ifs the day I will believe you.

So everytime a player makes an INT, it's luck and that the safety or CB was out of place unless we run it by your expert opinion first? Okay :rolleyes:

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 05:06 PM
It could've been anything like a miss communication between qb and wr but you have no qualifications of the cover 2 that proves you're right that Leonard was out of place.

Like I said, you can believe what you want to about what you think you know. The day you get hired as a DC for any team ifs the day I will believe you.

Leonard was nowhere near either receiver, and being the safety, there is no one behind him who should have been picking up the slack. The videotape shows it. It's not my opinion- it's fact. The guy wasn't where he was supposed to be. You don't have to be an NFL DC to know something that's shown clearly on videotape.

And if it was a miscommunication between Cutler and the WR, then the only way Leonard would have known where to be is if he somehow read Cutler's mind to KNOW he was going to throw the ball to a vacant spot on the field.

You can call it my opinion all you want- opinions can be right or opinions can be wrong and the facts support my opinion.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Leonard was nowhere near either receiver, and being the safety, there is no one behind him who should have been picking up the slack. The videotape shows it. It's not my opinion- it's fact. The guy wasn't where he was supposed to be. You don't have to be an NFL DC to know something that's shown clearly on videotape.

And if it was a miscommunication between Cutler and the WR, then the only way Leonard would have known where to be is if he somehow read Cutler's mind to KNOW he was going to throw the ball to a vacant spot on the field.

You can call it my opinion all you want- opinions can be right or opinions can be wrong and the facts support my opinion.in the cover 2 he has his area of responsibility. He was in the area where he was suppose to be just in case the qb threw it that way, Oh wait, Cutler did and he made an INT because he was covering his area. Wow, I'm so smart.

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 05:17 PM
in the cover 2 he has his area of responsibility. He was in the area where he was suppose to be just in case the qb threw it that way, Oh wait, Cutler did and he made an INT because he was covering his area. Wow, I'm so smart.

so then who was covering the area behind Leonard? Was it NO ONE"s area of responsibility, or was Leonard playing up too close? Really makes you think....

Who was supposed to be covering the area behind Leonard just in case the qb threw the ball that way? If it was Leonard, it was nowhere near it. If it wasn't Leonard, what the hell kind of defensive scheme has someone other than the safety responsible for that part of the field? You're really not all that smart unless you can fit the answers to those questions into you half-assed logic.

justasportsfan
09-14-2007, 05:20 PM
so then who was covering the area behind Leonard? Was it NO ONE"s area of responsibility, or was Leonard playing up too close? Really makes you think....

Who was supposed to be covering the area behind Leonard just in case the qb threw the ball that way? If it was Leonard, it was nowhere near it. If it wasn't Leonard, what the hell kind of defensive scheme has someone other than the safety responsible for that part of the field? You're really not all that smart unless you can fit the answers to those questions into you half-assed logic.
that entire area even the one behind him was his. In the TAmpa 2 both safteties spilt half of the field . The throw was made in his half of the field. If he was in his area of responsibility he was not out of place. The RESULT ? INT. FACT

madness
09-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Damn that Leonhard! Out of position again. :shakeno:

If he was this much out of position in college, he would have probably tied the record for most INTs in school history.

Oh wait...

Leonhard INT

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>September 16, 2007

</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:23 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1934)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>LEONHARD INT: Jim Leonhard didn't tie a record at Wisconsin for most INTs in school history for nothing. The guy knows how to read QBs. Big play after a failed offensive drive. --- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BTW, I looked at the film again. Leonhard's man was streaking down sideline. Leonhard had the angle on him but let him go once he read the play. If that was your supposed man in the endzone, he only was open because Leonhard did what he was supposed to do.

It's called 'read and react'.

Now enough of this nonsense.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Damn that Leonhard! Out of position again. :shakeno:

If he was this much out of position in college, he would have probably tied the record for most INTs in school history.

Oh wait...

Leonhard INT

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>September 16, 2007

</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:23 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1934)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>LEONHARD INT: Jim Leonhard didn't tie a record at Wisconsin for most INTs in school history for nothing. The guy knows how to read QBs. Big play after a failed offensive drive. --- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BTW, I looked at the film again. Leonhard's man was streaking down sideline. Leonhard had the angle on him but let him go once he read the play. If that was your supposed man in the endzone, he only was open because Leonhard did what he was supposed to do.

It's called 'read and react'.

Now enough of this nonsense.

So, Leonard getting an INT against Pitt proves he was in position against Denver? I can think of a few things wrong with that logic.....

As far as the play against Denver, the ball was poorly thrown to an empty spot on the field. Leonard was in that empty spot and not on either receiver- one receiver was wide open behind him. If Cutler had gone to that spot, there wouldn't have been time to "read and react" to that receiver. He was out of position on that play. You're simply wrong.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 03:11 PM
So, Leonard getting an INT against Pitt proves he was in position against Denver? I can think of a few things wrong with that logic.....

As far as the play against Denver, the ball was poorly thrown to an empty spot on the field. Leonard was in that empty spot and not on either receiver- one receiver was wide open behind him. If Cutler had gone to that spot, there wouldn't have been time to "read and react" to that receiver. He was out of position on that play. You're simply wrong.
stop trying to argue with the cover 2. He was in his area of responsibility therefore he wasn't out of position.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
stop trying to argue with the cover 2. He was in his area of responsibility therefore he wasn't out of position.

but he wasn't on either receiver that was in his area of responsibility, therefore he was out of position. I can't believe I even have to argue that he was out of position when there was a receiver all alone behind him in the endzone. Unless you think we should be running coverages that let receivers run unchecked to the endzone.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 03:17 PM
but he wasn't on either receiver that was in his area of responsibility, therefore he was out of position. I can't believe I even have to argue that he was out of position when there was a receiver all alone behind him in the endzone. Unless you think we should be running coverages that let receivers run unchecked to the endzone.
he doesn't have to be on any reciever. that's the cb job. He just has to reinforce his area. Don't argue with me, I didn't create the cover 2. Read the cover 2 scheme.

He made a play. that's all there is to it.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 03:18 PM
he doesn't have to be on any reciever. that's the cb job. He just has to reinforce his area. Don't argue with me, I didn't create the cover 2. Read the cover 2 scheme.

He made a play. that's all there is to it.

it's the CB's job to cover the area behind the safety in the Cover 2? now you're just making stuff up.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
it's the CB's job to cover the area behind the safety in the Cover 2? now you're just making stuff up.
read the cover 2. :mad:

I don't care what your expert opinion is, he was in his area of responsibility whether he was on a wr or not. If he's covering his area he's not out of place. I can't dumb it further for you.

madness
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM

I got no more time for your self-righteous bull****. Tell yourself whatever lies you need to buddy. The game film is plain as day, that's all I need to see.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM

I got no more time for your self-righteous bull****. Tell yourself whatever lies you need to buddy. The game film is plain as day, that's all I need to see.

All you saw was what you wanted to see. And don't come at me with this "I played football and you didn't" attitude and then accuse me of being self-righteous.