• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Why Have the Bills Virtually Sold Out the Entire Season? Let's Speculate

ok, crappy team, again, longest running playoff drought, looking extremely unlikely thats going to end this year, yada yada

why is the season virtually sold out?

id like to say its great marketing, which i suppose is a part of that

but mostly i say its fear of losing the team. 'enjoy the team while you can' says ralph. ok we listened. i think

what do you think?
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: Why Have the Bills Virtually Sold Out the Entire Season? Let's Speculate

That's a crap reason to buy tickets.

Go because you want to, not out of fear.

I'm going to the Steelers game because I can have fun there even if the Bills lose, I'll know that at least my second favorite team knows how to run a football organization.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
      That's a crap reason to buy tickets.

Go because you want to, not out of fear.

I'm going to the Steelers game because I can have fun there even if the Bills lose, I'll know that at least my second favorite team knows how to run a football organization.
      Clearly it's because there is nothing else to do in the area... I usually just sit in the hotel and play video games...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

I dont know if marketing really has that much to do with it. How do you market a team that lost most of its big name players? IMO there is a lot of people who see the product on the field as a work in progress and are excited to see this team blossom into the team that many people think it can be in the near future. Exciting young players that people think will be something special is the draw IMO. That has to do more with the intelligence of the WNY football community to see the potential of this team, and not anything a marketing team is doing.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Marshawn Lynch and Paul Posluszny.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
            ok, crappy team, again, longest running playoff drought, looking extremely unlikely thats going to end this year, yada yada

why is the season virtually sold out?

id like to say its great marketing, which i suppose is a part of that

but mostly i say its fear of losing the team. 'enjoy the team while you can' says ralph. ok we listened. i think

what do you think?

gluttons for punishment??
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

That 23 yard run by Lynch probably sold thousands of tickets alone.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

There's nothing else to do and tickets aren't all that expensive.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                  • Aug 2007

Not quite sure, but I am going to the Ravens game to see Lynch and Poz. I live 5 hours away from the stadium or I would be at every game.
                  Maybe there are many others just as excited about #23 and #51 as I am.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

It's a good time and most of the fans are loyal to the team. Believe it or not, but some of the constant Bills bashers on the site don't represent the entire fan base.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

because this is a viable market for an NFL team. that doesn't mean it's the best market the team can be in though.

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        That 23 yard run by Lynch probably sold thousands of tickets alone.
                        I wouldn't be suprised if it helped, that was a pretty impressive run that people like to see.
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          There's nothing else to do and tickets aren't all that expensive.
                          I agree...Its a great value for the money and lets face it RWS is one of the best places to tailgate. Add it up and its a great way to spend a day without totally breaking the bank.

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                            It's a good time and most of the fans are loyal to the team. Believe it or not, but some of the constant Bills bashers on the site don't represent the entire fan base.
                            I was going to say the exact same thing!

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              It represents more than you think. 50/50 is a fair assessment. I know plenty of older people who lived and died in the Super Bowl years and just barely pay attention to the Bills anymore, but they sure love their Sabres.

BTW, just because youre a "basher" doesn't mean youre not loyal. If they weren't loyal they wouldn't waste their time posting on here or caring about it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X