PDA

View Full Version : Darcy Regier admits that the Sabres are now trying to trade Kalinin or Spacek

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-14-2007, 08:25 PM
WIVB's Dennis Williams reports that Darcy is now admitting that he's talking to teams about trading Spacek or Kalinin now that the Sabres now know that Teppo Numminen will be lost for most of the season. Numminen will go under the knife Thursday and will miss about half the season. Darcy says that some teams have contacted him he wouldn't say who the teams were but that there are teams that are interested. the Sabres still like the defenceman that they have though.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Wait we are losing a dman for half the year so we are trading another dman???

OpIv37
09-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Wait we are losing a dman for half the year so we are trading another dman???

yeah I was just thinking the same thing- how does trading a d man upgrade the team or compensate for the loss of Teppo?

The only thing I could think of is if they trade Kalinin or Spacek and some draft picks or something for a better defender, but a) it's going to be tough to find any takers for draft picks at this point in the season unless there is a disgruntled player and b) it still leaves us down a defender.

BlackMetalNinja
09-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I don't much get that either. I mean, I'm almost happy Paestch will be playing, though I'd rather have Teppo healthy and in the lineup then Kalinin. I'm hoping Spacek will be a little better adjusted this year and not suck quite so much.

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2007, 06:59 AM
TRADE SPACEK!!!

RockStar36
09-15-2007, 08:49 AM
I think trading Kalinin would be a mistake.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2007, 11:07 AM
It all depends on who we would get I guess. Kalinin is passed the point of young guy. He needs to be more consistent.

camelcowboy
09-15-2007, 11:22 AM
It all depends on who we would get I guess. Kalinin is passed the point of young guy. He needs to be more consistent. It was pretty shocking to hear that he played with a sports hernia all last year. per wgr.

Nighthawk
09-15-2007, 12:17 PM
It was pretty shocking to hear that he played with a sports hernia all last year. per wgr.

It doesn't matter, he still is mediocre. He should have been traded during the offseason. We'll see what happens.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2007, 12:22 PM
He played well during much of the season last year.

RockStar36
09-15-2007, 12:38 PM
I thought he played well and now considering that he was playing with a sports hernia (something that kept Briere out like 40 games or so) I'm pretty impressed with him.

JD
09-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Wait what the ****?

Numminen goes down so we want to get rid of a defensemen?!?!? **** if we trade one, how is the other going to feel!?!? To know that he was on the trade block also!?!?

HE IS ****ING THIS TEAM UP ROYALLY.

Jesus christ, lets let go of all the veterans we have.. lose all leadership too! Hey thats a GREAT IDEA! Lets just keep imploding and start all over. What a ****ing idiot.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Before you go nuts JD, there is no link or anything and some of the posters threads have been less than reliable in the past.

SABuffalo786
09-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Come on, don't tell me that your first reaction wasn't "YES! THEY'RE ACUTALLY GOING TO DO SOMETHING" when you saw the thread title...

BlackMetalNinja
09-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Before you go nuts JD, there is no link or anything and some of the posters threads have been less than reliable in the past.

Some???

I'm pretty sure this is an (e1442)