State who you think is better...Hollis or Lindell HERE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BFBills
    "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
    • Oct 2002

State who you think is better...Hollis or Lindell HERE!!!

who is better...who is worse...why....
    i say hollis...what do nyou guys think???
    "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• superbills
    • Mar 2003

Push. Is that allowed? :) I think that in order to give a solid one way or the other opinion, you have to see Lindell kick in some tough conditions first. Lindell has a better leg, but plays half of his games in a dome each year. Hollis has shown some pretty good poise in the elements in the Ralph, so I would give him and edge there. Thus, I think it's a tie.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

I agree with superbills...........they are to close to call

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

even as well.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

I agree that its too early to tell, but from what I have seen of both, I'd say Lindell. I think they're both about even when it comes to field goals (again, seeing Lindell over a season in the Ralph will be different than seeing him a couple of times a season on tv in bad weather stadiums, but still, from what I've seen they're about even) ... however, Hollis is horrible at kickoffs and that's where Lindell gets the advantage.

IMO, if Hollis came in a few years ago when Christie was still kicking pretty solid, Bills fans would still think Hollis is good, but not anywhere near as irreplaceable as some thought he was at the end of the season. He simply followed some poor acts where anything decent looked amazing.

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by superbills
            Lindell has a better leg, but plays half of his games in a dome each year.
            Lindell never kicked in the Kingdome... They've been in their new, outdoor stadium for the past 2 years, and played in Husky Stadium the year before that...

Lindell also played for Washington State, so I'm sure he's kicked in his fair share of inclement weather.

Looking at his splits, percentage wise, he kicks better on outdoor, turf fields than he does on indoor anyway.

Even if their FG percentages are very comparable, Lindell is younger, cheaper, and will kick the ball into the endzone on kickoffs... The fact that he's signed for 4 years solidifies the position, therefore, I give the advantage to Lindell.

-Bill

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

Lindell is cheaper too

Comment

• superbills
                • Mar 2003

My bad, good call Bill. I, like a lot of people, probably last saw the Seahawks play in the Kingdome, last game of the 2000 season. I still think of them as an indoor team. I guess that does change things a bit from my perspective. If Lindell can show that accuracy outside, then I say we got the better man in Lindell. Regardless, he comes cheaper than Hollis and that's good enough for me. Thanks for setting the record straight, Bill
                "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                Ronald Reagan
                40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

Working...
                X