PDA

View Full Version : My question on the cheating situation

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2007, 04:34 PM
If it is known that the Patriots were taping opponents, is it known if the NFL did a thorough search of the Patriots offices for more tapes of other opponents? As far as I heard, they only had the one from the Jets game. Wouldn't it stand to reason that they have a library on how the other team's coaches call their plays?

MTBillsFan
09-15-2007, 04:40 PM
They could be like Nixon and have "missing" footage?
How many games did they get away with this crap?

OpIv37
09-15-2007, 06:22 PM
They could be like Nixon and have "missing" footage?
How many games did they get away with this crap?

I mentioned this in the article I wrote on the BZ front page. Mangini knew about it and he last worked for the Pats in '05, so it stands to reason they've been doing it at least that long. There is an article that suggests it goes back even further than that: http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/14/a-patriotgate-timeline/

If the Pats were smart, they would have destroyed the videos as soon as they got the information they needed. Somewhere they probably have a file of defensive signals that other teams use (if they didn't save that, stealing the info would be useless), but that's not necessarily incriminating because there is no rule prohibiting a team from learning another team's signals by watching them during a game and figuring it out.

im4bflo
09-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Their new logo should be an asterisk *
it is in my book for now on.
:monkeyp: NE

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2007, 07:50 PM
We need to get some kind of boo ready for Belibaby and the Cheaties next week. Screw the Pat's and their 'dynasty.'

im4bflo
09-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Everybody bring a huge camera of some kind, make one out of a 12 pack box or something, and pretend your videoing the cheating bastard!

TigerJ
09-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Cool. And every camera should say "BELICHEAT" the side.

LtBillsFan66
09-15-2007, 10:02 PM
The NFL will try to bury this.

dplus47
09-15-2007, 10:37 PM

precisely. the NFL doesn't want to investigate this. there are suspicions that this goes back to pre-super bowl, and goodell concludes his "investigation" and punishes them in 4 days? they punished the pats as if this were a one time incident, although it was the second time they had been caught. it was worthy of further investigation, IMO, but the NFL doesn't want to air such dirty laundry.

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2007, 10:39 PM

Yep.. Absolutely.

P.S.

They won't try to, they will bury this.

im4bflo
09-15-2007, 10:53 PM
But the fans won't forget!

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2007, 10:55 PM
But the fans won't forget!

We'll keep watching and buying their products. That's all they care about anyways, right?

Mitchy moo
09-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Knowing what they cheated on and when they did it should of determined the punishment. Just punishing them because they got caught once is meaningless. If you commit a crime in the normal world and get caught, they investigate and charge you for everything you have done in the past.

Getting caught and saying I'm sorry in the real world means you get a reduced sentence after they charge you with all the crimes committed. Just a few days in & without further investigation, the final NFL sentence is handed down without knowing the scope of the events. Kiss Kraft's azz a little more Roger.

im4bflo
09-16-2007, 12:23 AM
So they get to keep all the rewards they've reaped from cheating,
and get a weak slap, say their sorry, and laugh how they've gotten away with everything until now, and still get to polish their trophy's that cheating got them.
Just Great!

DynaPaul
09-16-2007, 12:23 AM
I think the Patriots will be less favored by the refs in light of this. I'm sure Goodell has issued the orders to watch them for holding, interference, etc VERY closely.

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 12:33 AM
I think the Patriots will be less favored by the refs in light of this. I'm sure Goodell has issued the orders to watch them for holding, interference, etc VERY closely.

If the refs want cheese on their sandwiches, they'll go easy on the pats.

Typ0
09-16-2007, 01:48 AM
I expect this problem goes much deeper than the patriots and they are just being made an example of. If that's the case then all offenders are going to get a chance to clean up their act.

chernobylwraiths
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Looks like there might be more on the Patriots.