PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner to put Sabres on a seperate HD channel

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-15-2007, 08:23 PM
The Buffalo Sabres’ picture has brightened for many hockey fans with the announcement that the team’s home games carried on MSG via Time Warner this season will be carried in high definition (not on satellite). Larry Quinn, the Sabres’ managing partner, said the team is going to transmit an HD signal and produce the games in HD. Time Warner plans to put the games on a separate HD channel for the fans with the expensive sets.

Quinn said the plans to carry the games in HD were accelerated by the decision to put in a new HD scoreboard in HSBC Arena. “It just made sense to try and produce the games in HD at the same time,” he said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/291/story/163250.html

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Finally an advantage to cable!!

SkateZilla
09-16-2007, 12:26 AM
with HD Scoreboard comes HD Camera System to feed it, might as well use it as a selling point as well, since the scoreboard shows the standard broadcast angles anyway.

BlackMetalNinja
09-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Hmm... somehow I bet I still don't get to see these games in HD even though I have Time Warner. Last year I had Center Ice and many games said "broadcast in HD" but I didn't get them that way. I yelled at Time Warner several times to get Center Ice in HD, but it's done no good so far.

JD
09-16-2007, 02:10 PM
haaa awesome :)

Sypher
09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Finally!! Something to look forward too!

JD
09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Finally!! Something to look forward too!
Whats wrong with the Bills? :boozer: