PDA

View Full Version : 1st Half coaching miscues

OpIv37
09-16-2007, 01:26 PM
4th and 2- I like the decision to go for it, but again, terrible play call. Run with Lynch or even let Losman scramble.

3rd and 2- taking Lynch out of the game. This was awful for two reasons- 1. it took the only productive offensive player off the field and 2. it allowed Pittsburgh to play pass and bring the blitz.

3rd and 15 after the 2 minute warning (with 3 TO's left)- gutless draw play. Fairchild is a cheese eating surrender monkey with no sack- he only gets guts at the worst possible times.

1st and 10 at the end of the first half with 1 TO left- take a ****ing shot! What do we have to lose at that point?

This coaching staff sucks.

venis2k1
09-16-2007, 01:28 PM
sigh........well the good news is we get to play NE next week.

Elminster
09-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I hate to agree with you Op, but that's the way it is. At the very least, Fairchild has got to go. DJ seems to make some good decisions from time-to-time, but Fairchild can't even call a single drive competently:mad:

Honestly, it's so bad I can't figure what is worse. No, wait....the worst thing is our defense is playing well and appears to be coached competently, and if the offense could actually do anything, we'd be good...

OpIv37
09-16-2007, 03:10 PM
The miscues continued into the second half too.

I really hated that 3rd and long play to Roscoe- it's a good wrinkle to throw in on occasion, but once again, that's the wrong friggin time. And how is it that Pitt was blitzing every play but we could never find an open man? Was it Losman, the receivers, the playcalling, or all 3? I'm guessing all 3.

Cleve
09-16-2007, 03:19 PM
They only gave Lynch the ball 18 times for 64 yards. That was the total number of rushing plays. It seemed to me that early in the 2nd half, the Bills basically abandoned the ground game, and went to all passing. And we've seen how inconsistend Losman's passes (and judgment) are.

I saw a lot of calls for a pass play on short yards - why not give it to Lynch?? The abandonment of the ground game was a crippler for the defense as well - because it kept the Defense on the field far too long. 23 minutes on the field for the Bills offense - the Steelers were able to wear down the defense.

casdhf
09-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Lynch goes out of the game because he can't block yet. It isn't that difficult to understand, Op.

OpIv37
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Lynch goes out of the game because he can't block yet. It isn't that difficult to understand, Op.

but it makes the play calling too predictable and A train failed to pick up the blitz as well. so what did we gain? Nothing- we just allowed Pitt to tee off with their blitzes since they knew it was a pass. Brilliant.

Elminster
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Honestly, A-Train doesn't appear to do it very well either...