PDA

View Full Version : The Tampa Two or whatever you call this defense has to go....now!

Ebenezer
09-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry. I don't care that Gruden won a SB with it. This def is terrible...and it just isn't our players.

Not that we have the horses to compete but come on...Poz on Santonio Holmes?? Schobel dropping in coverage?? Dan Neill playing more plays than I have fingers on a hand? Consistant and persistant situational substitutions?

The objective of this defense looks to work if you 11 studs on defense who get the read correct on every single play. Just terrible.

The defensive philosophy needs to be changed pronto. JP (who has looked terrible this year) or Trent (who is not ready) could throw for 400 and this team could still lose.

Philagape
09-16-2007, 02:33 PM
The problems with it are:
1. It has to be run perfectly to work
2. If it doesn't work, it gets dominated

Ebenezer
09-16-2007, 02:37 PM
The problems with it are:
1. It has to be run perfectly to work
2. If it doesn't work, it gets dominated
the 2007 Buffalo Bills are living example of both those points...I rest my case.

OpIv37
09-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I've been saying this for a year and a half. This D is not going to work for us.

Nighthawk
09-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Come on, Eb! That would mean that this coaching staff would actually have to coach! They aren't smart enough!

venis2k1
09-16-2007, 03:11 PM
we need to change back to the agressive 4-6 defense we used to run. and maybe a west coast offense to better suit edwards natural talents.

billsburgh
09-16-2007, 03:14 PM
I saw Kelsay on one play engage the o-lineman and just stood there, not moving at all. not moving his hands or his feet then he turned around and chased the running back from behind.

Ebenezer
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I saw Kelsay on one play engage the o-lineman and just stood there, not moving at all. not moving his hands or his feet then he turned around and chased the running back from behind.
that's just it...I watch it and most of the plays are the same....

the CBs cover the WR...DEs bull rush and force the play inside while doing nothing more than contain...that takes care of a T and a TE...the 2 DT and 2 of the LB and the SS are left to match up with the 4 remaining OL and the FB. 5 on 5 we are getting kicked badly...even with all the regulars heathly I don't see how it works without studs at every position.

YardRat
09-16-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm not real thrilled with the T2 either, but I'd like to see how they perform with a semi-adequate offense to compliment them.

The biggest faults I see with this defense, at this point, are errors made in execution by the players, not necessarily the scheme.

Kelsay can't tackle, young players like Youboty or Poz making the wrong read or being in the wrong place, etc.

Night Train
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
We now have to wait until next spring to aquire a couple monster DT's and chuck this D scheme.

Ebenezer
09-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm not real thrilled with the T2 either, but I'd like to see how they perform with a semi-adequate offense to compliment them.

The biggest faults I see with this defense, at this point, are errors made in execution by the players, not necessarily the scheme.

Kelsay can't tackle, young players like Youboty or Poz making the wrong read or being in the wrong place, etc.
I just don't believe in the defense...one of the oldest plays in the book is called "off tackle"...tell me how this prevents that play - in fact it almost does the opposit unless you have a couple of all pros at DT and/or LB. The Off game plan has got to be simple...run off tackle until the DBs come up and then slant over the middle on pass plays...

HHURRICANE
09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Willie Parker after running all day on us:

"Their defensive ends pass rush 100 percent all the time, so I knew it was going to leave a hole in the gap (to the outside), and that's where I ran," Parker said.

We have the most overpaid, one dimensional, white guys on the planet.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
We now have to wait until next spring to aquire a couple monster DT's and chuck this D scheme.

Could've had Ngata... but instead we get nada.

YardRat
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
I just don't believe in the defense...one of the oldest plays in the book is called "off tackle"...tell me how this prevents that play - in fact it almost does the opposit unless you have a couple of all pros at DT and/or LB. The Off game plan has got to be simple...run off tackle until the DBs come up and then slant over the middle on pass plays...

D-line penetration and LB's filling the holes.

Ebenezer
09-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Willie Parker after running all day on us:

"Their defensive ends pass rush 100 percent all the time, so I knew it was going to leave a hole in the gap (to the outside), and that's where I ran," Parker said.

I haven't put on pads since I was 13 and I noticed that...