PDA

View Full Version : OpIv37's Post Game Report

OpIv37
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Offense
-I'm pulling for Losman- I really am. But with every game, he's starting to look more and more like the final Donahoe mistake*. He got lucky on that one play that should have been an interception, he still doesn't always feel the pressure, and his accuracy was terrible. It's scary to think we may have to start over grooming a QB, but it's getting harder and harder to deny reality.

-Lee Evans has to keep his cool. The entire team is getting frustrated and I'm sure the Everett situation didn't help, but be professional.

-The playcalling was again gutless. All the underneath stuff on 3rd and long (or 1st and 10 with a timeout at the end of the first half, etc). It showed no confidence in Losman and while he certainly hasn't earned it, taking away his biggest asset is NOT going to help this team.

-Evans goes out on running downs, Lynch goes out on passing downs (and Thomas still gives up the sack)- WTF? Way too predictable- the Patriots won't have to steal signals to know what we're doing next week.

-Parrish can't break tackles but he's still been an asset for us this season. Get him involved more- nothing else is working.

-Why is it that Lynch was ripping of 8 yard runs on 1st down but couldn't convert 2nd and short or 3rd and short?

-How is it that we had two holding plays that resulted in JP getting hit anyway? If you're gonna hold, at least protect the QB.

-For the most part, the OL was decent. JP was holding the ball too long

-We gave up on the run too easy.

Defense
-2 of the first 3 Pitt drives were over 7 minutes. The O had a sustained drive at the start of the 2nd half, and the D responded by allowing a TD. It's not because the O doesn't give the D a break- the D really is that bad.

-This D just can't stop the run. The DT's get blown off the ball too easy and the LB's take bad angles. The Cover 2 sucks.

-There were always soft spots in the zone. The Cover 2 sucks.

-It was embarrassing that we didn't force a punt until the 4th quarter. In fact, this D has forced so few punts that I didn't even remember who returned punts for us until Parrish took the field.

-Tripplett got penetration a few times, but then either fell or got knocked down and didn't have much impact

-McCargo had a solid game

-Schobel kept overpursuing.

-Poz's inexperience shows. He was awful in pass coverage and he still takes bad angles on longer runs (which are frequent against this D). He's solid coming up in run support and seals off the end well- he'll be good for us, but he's got a lot to learn yet.

-Youboty sucked against the run but looked decent against the pass, which is surprising because he was the opposite in pre season. But he may be servicable after all.

-Let's pray McGee's injury isn't serious.

Special Teams
-Not much to say here. Solid as usual.

Officiating
-It was pretty bad but I think it benefited the Bills more than it hurt them. If I were a Pitt fan, I would have been livid over a few of those calls (or non calls in some cases).

*=At the time Losman was drafted, TD said they had Losman ranked ahead of Eli Manning, Rothlisbergenheimenreiner and Phillip Rivers. It's just another case of that egomaniac trying to prove he's smarter than every other NFL GM and every draft prognosticator.

venis2k1
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
good post all around.

Discotrish
09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Mathematically, we could still make the playoffs.

Patti

Easy E-Lass
09-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Do we have another OpIv fan on the board? Such a great band.

billsburgh
09-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Mathematically, we could still make the playoffs.

Patti
and I'm going to win the next powerball.