• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

Let JP throw the ball

enough said

5 attempts in the first half. He was effective in the second, let him throw it.

Half you guys have absolutely no clue, JP did not play poorly, you just throw everything on him because its easy to. Its despicable. Our defense couldnt stop anything, the steeler defense confused our line, THERE are the problems. When JP threw the ball, the offense moved down the field.

This absolute hating has to stop

Go find a new team.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let JP throw the ball

calling him effective is your opinion and far from the truth. At least try and get the fact that he got some points scored behind your claims of effectiveness. Effective is not throwing the ball out of bounds or constantly over receivers. Effective is reading and reacting to the defense instead of just running for your life. Effective is stepping up to the plate and getting things to happen that help the rest of the team get focused. JP Losman doesn't have the game we need in a QB. I'm not saying the rest of the team is great and JP is tanking us...what I'm saying is no matter what happens with the rest of the team we need a decent QB and seeing that we only have a mediocre one.

Comment

• RoanokeVABillsFan
      • Sep 2005

Good thing we spent so much money on fixing that offensive line. Ben had all day to throw and when he did he had wide open receivers. When JP did get the ball off, he leads receivers right into the defense some times or nobody is open.

It's all about the offensive game planning, though. No running back throws like screens to take the pressure off the blitz. Where's the tight end? Of course blocking again. Those are the patterns a QB is supposed to use to back the blitz off and we don't even call them. I agree it's not all on JP, but I don't know why they aren't trusting him to play like a real QB. Either the coaches are idiots or they don't think he's capable and he's keeping the seat warm until Trent understands everything and they can put him in. It's obvious JP does not have the reigns of this offense yet and he does have some talent. It's just frustrating no matter how you look at it.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

we are only seeing what's happening on the field...maybe they do expect him to get the job done and he's not getting it done.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
          • Mar 2006

Understand this, football is a team game.

JP Losman was blitzed constatently, with little done by the o-line to give him decent time. He only had 5 attempts in the first half, and we did absolutely nothing with the ball. In the second half we gained as many yards as the steelers and JP went 13-20 passing. We didnt score any points cause we had to go for it on every 4th down cause we were down 3 scores.

I dont understand this, i really dont, you guys must just be fed up with losing. JP is fine, he is the least of our problems, we need a defense. The offensive coaching staff should let him loose like they did in the second half, and we WILL score points.

Stop calling for his head based on the poor overall team performance. Thats not very intelligent

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx
            enough said

Half you guys have absolutely no clue, JP did not play poorly, you just throw everything on him because its easy to. Its despicable. Our defense couldnt stop anything, the steeler defense confused our line, THERE are the problems. When JP threw the ball, the offense moved down the field.

Go find a new team.

WOW SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT nice post

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
              calling him effective is your opinion and far from the truth. At least try and get the fact that he got some points scored behind your claims of effectiveness. Effective is not throwing the ball out of bounds or constantly over receivers. Effective is reading and reacting to the defense instead of just running for your life. Effective is stepping up to the plate and getting things to happen that help the rest of the team get focused. JP Losman doesn't have the game we need in a QB. I'm not saying the rest of the team is great and JP is tanking us...what I'm saying is no matter what happens with the rest of the team we need a decent QB and seeing that we only have a mediocre one.

if hes constantly throwing the ball so BAD HOW THE HELL IS HE COMPLETING OVER 60% of his passes?

tell me that

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

JP Losman was blitzed constatently, with little done by the o-line to give him decent time. He only had 5 attempts in the first half, and we did absolutely nothing with the ball. In the second half we gained as many yards as the steelers and JP went 13-20 passing. We didnt score any points cause we had to go for it on every 4th down cause we were down 3 scores.

I dont understand this, i really dont, you guys must just be fed up with losing. JP is fine, he is the least of our problems, we need a defense. The offensive coaching staff should let him loose like they did in the second half, and we WILL score points.

Stop calling for his head based on the poor overall team performance. Thats not very intelligent
                Whats not intelligent is your second sentence. We all know PIT blitzed all games and what did JP do for blocking adjustments or hot routes to make his job much easier. Ill answer for you and thats nothing. He did not check to a draw play to hurt and overaggressive blitzing D, he did not call for a short slant, or a hitch route to beat the 1 on 1 outside coverage. These are all basic tasks my old HS QB was able to do, to not see them happen in the pros is more than disappointing. Is it all JP's fault? No, but he is a big reason the offense has little to no consistency and to say the opposite is just blind loyalty.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Three out of four drives in the first half were three and outs.

JP did show a few small flashes in the second, but this kid is beyond the 'we ned to hang on to the one or two bright spots' stage. This is his third consecutive year starting the season as the #1 QB and he stiil looks like a shell-shocked rookie.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• G Wolly
                    • Mar 2004

Pittsburgh has been a good team for 75 years, especially since they have a defensive coordinator who's been there longer than the team itself.

We got boned on the first 3 weeks of the schedule, i'm sure next week won't be any easier. 14 more games in the regular season.

I still BILLieve.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                      if hes constantly throwing the ball so BAD HOW THE HELL IS HE COMPLETING OVER 60% of his passes?

tell me that
                      he's not in tune with the receivers and where the defenders are and it's causing the throws to be high or low on a consistent basis. Those throws are being caught but the receivers are often laid out for a big hit on them or hampered in their ability to turn upfield and run with the ball. I'll take a ball in the right place at the right time over his nice tight spiral any day of the week.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Amen brutha!!

Comment

• Inetpub
                          i'm a tool
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
                          he's not in tune with the receivers and where the defenders are and it's causing the throws to be high or low on a consistent basis. Those throws are being caught but the receivers are often laid out for a big hit on them or hampered in their ability to turn upfield and run with the ball. I'll take a ball in the right place at the right time over his nice tight spiral any day of the week.
                          agreed. Our recievers took a huge beating. I swear evans lives in the air because every single one of his catches, he has to jump for. And even then, the other ones are tipped off his hands while in midair.

example, 4rth quarter, 3 plays. Evans caught the ball high in the air, was grabbed and thrown down flat on his face. what did he do? took a penalty.
                          next play, throw to evans in endzone. What happened? over his head and evans took another unsportsmanlike conduct call for in the refs face. And in that same sequence, there was a price throw that tipped off prices fingers, while he was in mid-air.

I was quite annoyed with how many were tipped off fingers today!
                          That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                            Three out of four drives in the first half were three and outs.
                            but it's not JP's fault..........
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

enough said

Go find a new team.

excuses.........excuses.......... :
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X