PDA

View Full Version : Let JP throw the ball

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-16-2007, 03:37 PM
enough said

5 attempts in the first half. He was effective in the second, let him throw it.

Half you guys have absolutely no clue, JP did not play poorly, you just throw everything on him because its easy to. Its despicable. Our defense couldnt stop anything, the steeler defense confused our line, THERE are the problems. When JP threw the ball, the offense moved down the field.

This absolute hating has to stop

Go find a new team.

Typ0
09-16-2007, 03:46 PM
calling him effective is your opinion and far from the truth. At least try and get the fact that he got some points scored behind your claims of effectiveness. Effective is not throwing the ball out of bounds or constantly over receivers. Effective is reading and reacting to the defense instead of just running for your life. Effective is stepping up to the plate and getting things to happen that help the rest of the team get focused. JP Losman doesn't have the game we need in a QB. I'm not saying the rest of the team is great and JP is tanking us...what I'm saying is no matter what happens with the rest of the team we need a decent QB and seeing that we only have a mediocre one.

RoanokeVABillsFan
09-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Good thing we spent so much money on fixing that offensive line.:mad: Ben had all day to throw and when he did he had wide open receivers. When JP did get the ball off, he leads receivers right into the defense some times or nobody is open.

It's all about the offensive game planning, though. No running back throws like screens to take the pressure off the blitz. Where's the tight end? Of course blocking again. Those are the patterns a QB is supposed to use to back the blitz off and we don't even call them. I agree it's not all on JP, but I don't know why they aren't trusting him to play like a real QB. Either the coaches are idiots or they don't think he's capable and he's keeping the seat warm until Trent understands everything and they can put him in. It's obvious JP does not have the reigns of this offense yet and he does have some talent. It's just frustrating no matter how you look at it.

Typ0
09-16-2007, 03:50 PM
we are only seeing what's happening on the field...maybe they do expect him to get the job done and he's not getting it done.

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Understand this, football is a team game.

JP Losman was blitzed constatently, with little done by the o-line to give him decent time. He only had 5 attempts in the first half, and we did absolutely nothing with the ball. In the second half we gained as many yards as the steelers and JP went 13-20 passing. We didnt score any points cause we had to go for it on every 4th down cause we were down 3 scores.

I dont understand this, i really dont, you guys must just be fed up with losing. JP is fine, he is the least of our problems, we need a defense. The offensive coaching staff should let him loose like they did in the second half, and we WILL score points.

Stop calling for his head based on the poor overall team performance. Thats not very intelligent

djjimkelly
09-16-2007, 03:52 PM
enough said

Half you guys have absolutely no clue, JP did not play poorly, you just throw everything on him because its easy to. Its despicable. Our defense couldnt stop anything, the steeler defense confused our line, THERE are the problems. When JP threw the ball, the offense moved down the field.

Go find a new team.

WOW SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT nice post

djjimkelly
09-16-2007, 03:53 PM
calling him effective is your opinion and far from the truth. At least try and get the fact that he got some points scored behind your claims of effectiveness. Effective is not throwing the ball out of bounds or constantly over receivers. Effective is reading and reacting to the defense instead of just running for your life. Effective is stepping up to the plate and getting things to happen that help the rest of the team get focused. JP Losman doesn't have the game we need in a QB. I'm not saying the rest of the team is great and JP is tanking us...what I'm saying is no matter what happens with the rest of the team we need a decent QB and seeing that we only have a mediocre one.

if hes constantly throwing the ball so BAD HOW THE HELL IS HE COMPLETING OVER 60% of his passes?

tell me that

DraftBoy
09-16-2007, 03:56 PM

JP Losman was blitzed constatently, with little done by the o-line to give him decent time. He only had 5 attempts in the first half, and we did absolutely nothing with the ball. In the second half we gained as many yards as the steelers and JP went 13-20 passing. We didnt score any points cause we had to go for it on every 4th down cause we were down 3 scores.

I dont understand this, i really dont, you guys must just be fed up with losing. JP is fine, he is the least of our problems, we need a defense. The offensive coaching staff should let him loose like they did in the second half, and we WILL score points.

Stop calling for his head based on the poor overall team performance. Thats not very intelligent

Whats not intelligent is your second sentence. We all know PIT blitzed all games and what did JP do for blocking adjustments or hot routes to make his job much easier. Ill answer for you and thats nothing. He did not check to a draw play to hurt and overaggressive blitzing D, he did not call for a short slant, or a hitch route to beat the 1 on 1 outside coverage. These are all basic tasks my old HS QB was able to do, to not see them happen in the pros is more than disappointing. Is it all JP's fault? No, but he is a big reason the offense has little to no consistency and to say the opposite is just blind loyalty.

YardRat
09-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Three out of four drives in the first half were three and outs.

JP did show a few small flashes in the second, but this kid is beyond the 'we ned to hang on to the one or two bright spots' stage. This is his third consecutive year starting the season as the #1 QB and he stiil looks like a shell-shocked rookie.

G Wolly
09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Pittsburgh has been a good team for 75 years, especially since they have a defensive coordinator who's been there longer than the team itself.

We got boned on the first 3 weeks of the schedule, i'm sure next week won't be any easier. 14 more games in the regular season.

I still BILLieve.

Typ0
09-16-2007, 05:26 PM
if hes constantly throwing the ball so BAD HOW THE HELL IS HE COMPLETING OVER 60% of his passes?

tell me that

he's not in tune with the receivers and where the defenders are and it's causing the throws to be high or low on a consistent basis. Those throws are being caught but the receivers are often laid out for a big hit on them or hampered in their ability to turn upfield and run with the ball. I'll take a ball in the right place at the right time over his nice tight spiral any day of the week.

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM

Stop calling for his head based on the poor overall team performance. Thats not very intelligentAmen brutha!!

Inetpub
09-16-2007, 05:36 PM
he's not in tune with the receivers and where the defenders are and it's causing the throws to be high or low on a consistent basis. Those throws are being caught but the receivers are often laid out for a big hit on them or hampered in their ability to turn upfield and run with the ball. I'll take a ball in the right place at the right time over his nice tight spiral any day of the week.

agreed. Our recievers took a huge beating. I swear evans lives in the air because every single one of his catches, he has to jump for. And even then, the other ones are tipped off his hands while in midair.

example, 4rth quarter, 3 plays. Evans caught the ball high in the air, was grabbed and thrown down flat on his face. what did he do? took a penalty.
next play, throw to evans in endzone. What happened? over his head and evans took another unsportsmanlike conduct call for in the refs face. And in that same sequence, there was a price throw that tipped off prices fingers, while he was in mid-air.

I was quite annoyed with how many were tipped off fingers today!

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Three out of four drives in the first half were three and outs.

but it's not JP's fault.......... :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 05:38 PM
enough said

Go find a new team.

excuses.........excuses.......... :deadhorse:

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Off the fingers? AREN'T THOSE SUPPOSED TO BE CATCHES?

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 05:39 PM

excuses..........excuses........... :deadhorse:

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Off the fingers? AREN'T THOSE SUPPOSED TO BE CATCHES?

if Losman only knew how to put the football where the numbers are......... :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
09-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Im so proud of garbage time production.

JP just needs to work on the rest of his game.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2007, 06:01 PM
enough said

Go find a new team.

Are you kidding? Price had man covergae in the endzone, JP had all day, and he throw it 5 yards out of bounds to the right!! JP didn't play poorly?

How many passes did he throw high? How many passes did he not even try to throw? Uhhh, by the way, JP admitted that he was confused by the D.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Are you kidding? Price had man covergae in the endzone, JP had all day, and he throw it 5 yards out of bounds to the right!! JP didn't play poorly?

How many passes did he throw high? How many passes did he not even try to throw? Uhhh, by the way, JP admitted that he was confused by the D.

we're doomed. :ill:

HHURRICANE
09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
we're doomed. :ill:

Time to update the meter. 5 of 13 today.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 06:09 PM
enough said

Go find a new team. THANK YOU! when your defense is not stopping a 3rd down to save their lives and allow points every time, runnign the ball every down is not going to get us anywhere. it makes us look like we dont give a damn. which is what we looked like in the first half. 5 throws..... give the QB more freaking chances than that comeon

YardRat
09-16-2007, 06:10 PM
JP's going to get one of the receivers killed.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2007, 06:10 PM

Yep. 100% right on this post.

For those who think it's all coaching let's remeber what Dallas looked like before Bledsoe got replaced by Romo. It was the O-line's and coaches fault until Romo got there.

DynaPaul
09-16-2007, 06:12 PM

Go find a new team.

Sorry, I'm not finding a new team. Criticizing players, coaches, whatever on your favorite team doesn't automatically mean that you can no longer be a fan. As fans that pay good money and want to see our team win we have every right to speak our minds. We all want to see the Bills win but some of us aren't happy with the direction of certain things going on in the organization. Rather than sit here and say, "Oh well they'll compete again SOMEDAY" we're going to discuss what we think is wrong and why. Some of us really aren't happy right now.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Time to update the meter. 5 of 13 today.

i haven't checked but i'll get around to it.

acehole
09-16-2007, 06:24 PM
I agree...start the kid with a couple of short passes to get him going.....
it was run run run today....

enough said

Go find a new team.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 06:24 PM
trust me when he is throwing it like he did last year and he is the ONLY reason or the MAIN reason as to why we're losing, then yes. we will have a qb controversy. but at the moment all it is is people finding someone to blame because of our suckitude as a whole. we are nowhere close to needing a qb change. again, there are plenty of teams who are in far worse qb shape than us.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 06:27 PM
JP's going to get one of the receivers killed.

the passes are perfect if they were 9 ft tall though.

djjimkelly
09-16-2007, 06:27 PM

LOL maybe some of those throws wouldnt be thrown high if we had any normal sized wrs. we have the smallest wr core in the NFL BTW look it up. im truly starting to see this team is flawed in design its sickening add in that i dont think our OC is worth a damn its a pretty bad recipe

djjimkelly
09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
the passes are perfect if they were 9 ft tall though.

no they are perfect balls for 6'2 wrs problem is all our wrs are 5'10 on avg

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 06:37 PM
no they are perfect balls for 6'2 wrs problem is all our wrs are 5'10 on avg

4 years to work on a 4 inch difference and he can't even do that. :shakeno:

YardRat
09-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I agree...start the kid with a couple of short passes to get him going.....
it was run run run today....

Bull****...

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR class=BUFcolors><TD class=playText colSpan=2>Buffalo Bills at 07:59 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downTextfull colSpan=2>3-J.Reed kicks 71 yards from PIT 30 to BUF -1. 24-T.McGee to BUF 43 for 44 yards (44-N.Davenport, 3-J.Reed). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 43 </TD><TD class=downText>(7:51) 23-M.Lynch left end pushed ob at PIT 45 for 12 yards (50-L.Foote). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>1-10-PIT 45 </TD><TD class=downText>(7:21) 23-M.Lynch right tackle to PIT 45 for no gain (51-J.Farrior). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>2-10-PIT 45 </TD><TD class=downText>(6:44) 7-J.Losman sacked at BUF 48 for -7 yards (92-J.Harrison). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>3-17-BUF 48 </TD><TD class=downText>(6:07) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short left to 11-R.Parrish to PIT 37 for 15 yards (26-D.Townsend). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>4-2-PIT 37 </TD><TD class=downText>(5:24) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short left to 83-L.Evans. Coverage by #26 Townsend </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR class=BUFcolors><TD class=playText colSpan=2>Buffalo Bills at 05:07 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 35 </TD><TD class=downText>(5:07) 23-M.Lynch right tackle to BUF 44 for 9 yards (24-I.Taylor). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>2-1-BUF 44 </TD><TD class=downText>(4:25) 23-M.Lynch right end to BUF 44 for no gain (91-AA.Smith; 24-I.Taylor). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>3-1-BUF 44 </TD><TD class=downText>(3:43) #65 Whittle is eligible receiver 23-M.Lynch up the middle to BUF 44 for no gain (99-B.Keisel, 98-C.Hampton). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>4-1-BUF 44 </TD><TD class=downText>(3:00) 8-B.Moorman punts 39 yards to PIT 17, Center-72-R.Neill, out of bounds. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR class=BUFcolors><TD class=playText colSpan=2>Buffalo Bills at 10:02 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downTextfull colSpan=2>3-J.Reed kicks 52 yards from PIT 30 to BUF 18. 24-T.McGee to BUF 24 for 6 yards (20-B.McFadden). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 24 </TD><TD class=downText>(9:57) 7-J.Losman pass short left to 88-R.Neufeld to BUF 32 for 8 yards (51-J.Farrior). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>2-2-BUF 32 </TD><TD class=downText>(9:20) 23-M.Lynch left guard to BUF 32 for no gain (91-AA.Smith). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>3-2-BUF 32 </TD><TD class=downText>(8:35) #65 Whittle is eligible receiver (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete to 28-A.Thomas (92-J.Harrison). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>4-2-BUF 32 </TD><TD class=downText>(8:27) 8-B.Moorman punts 45 yards to PIT 23, Center-72-R.Neill, fair catch by 30-A.Rossum. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Eleven plays, six runs, five passes. Three of the first five plays were passes.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Bull****...

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR class=BUFcolors><TD class=playText colSpan=2>Buffalo Bills at 07:59 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downTextfull colSpan=2>3-J.Reed kicks 71 yards from PIT 30 to BUF -1. 24-T.McGee to BUF 43 for 44 yards (44-N.Davenport, 3-J.Reed). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 43 </TD><TD class=downText>(7:51) 23-M.Lynch left end pushed ob at PIT 45 for 12 yards (50-L.Foote). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>1-10-PIT 45 </TD><TD class=downText>(7:21) 23-M.Lynch right tackle to PIT 45 for no gain (51-J.Farrior). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>2-10-PIT 45 </TD><TD class=downText>(6:44) 7-J.Losman sacked at BUF 48 for -7 yards (92-J.Harrison). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>3-17-BUF 48 </TD><TD class=downText>(6:07) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short left to 11-R.Parrish to PIT 37 for 15 yards (26-D.Townsend). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>4-2-PIT 37 </TD><TD class=downText>(5:24) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short left to 83-L.Evans. Coverage by #26 Townsend </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR class=BUFcolors><TD class=playText colSpan=2>Buffalo Bills at 05:07 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 35 </TD><TD class=downText>(5:07) 23-M.Lynch right tackle to BUF 44 for 9 yards (24-I.Taylor). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>2-1-BUF 44 </TD><TD class=downText>(4:25) 23-M.Lynch right end to BUF 44 for no gain (91-AA.Smith; 24-I.Taylor). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>3-1-BUF 44 </TD><TD class=downText>(3:43) #65 Whittle is eligible receiver 23-M.Lynch up the middle to BUF 44 for no gain (99-B.Keisel, 98-C.Hampton). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>4-1-BUF 44 </TD><TD class=downText>(3:00) 8-B.Moorman punts 39 yards to PIT 17, Center-72-R.Neill, out of bounds. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=borderCollapse><TBODY><TR class=BUFcolors><TD class=playText colSpan=2>Buffalo Bills at 10:02 </TD></TR><!--START of play content in the quarter--><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downTextfull colSpan=2>3-J.Reed kicks 52 yards from PIT 30 to BUF 18. 24-T.McGee to BUF 24 for 6 yards (20-B.McFadden). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>1-10-BUF 24 </TD><TD class=downText>(9:57) 7-J.Losman pass short left to 88-R.Neufeld to BUF 32 for 8 yards (51-J.Farrior). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>2-2-BUF 32 </TD><TD class=downText>(9:20) 23-M.Lynch left guard to BUF 32 for no gain (91-AA.Smith). </TD></TR><TR><TD class=downInfo>3-2-BUF 32 </TD><TD class=downText>(8:35) #65 Whittle is eligible receiver (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete to 28-A.Thomas (92-J.Harrison). </TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt><TD class=downInfo>4-2-BUF 32 </TD><TD class=downText>(8:27) 8-B.Moorman punts 45 yards to PIT 23, Center-72-R.Neill, fair catch by 30-A.Rossum. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Eleven plays, six runs, five passes. Three of the first five plays were passes.

way to straighten him with the facts. :bf1:

djjimkelly
09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
******S MOST OF U AND YES THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE BOARD BUT MOST OF YOU ARE ******S AND HAVE SOME PERSONAL AGENDA VS JP. OUR COACHES SUCK BOTTOM LINE OUR PLAYCALLING IS ****ING TERRIBLE.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
lol i love when i post stats i dont know what im talking about but when he does hes the man

djjimkelly
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
CALLING FOR A 3rd ROUND QB that most teams passed on 3 times in DRAFT and that never had a winning record in college shows how much most of u know ****ING REATRDS

Oaf
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I just don't understand why JP looks so lost in the pocket even when he has time.
I mean, take that in comparison to how poised he looked last season.