X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Gameday Grades

QB - Less than 10 passing attempts in the first half, high on some of his throws and constant pannic in the pocket. Horrible. Finally started making some throws in the 4th qtb but they were negated by Losman taking sacks. Grade: D-

RB - Lynch looked good and ran hard. He rarely went down after the first hit which is refreshing to see compared to willis. Still couldn't punch the ball in when they were inside the 5, was it more of the offensive lines fault?
    Grade: C

WR/TE - This could be the worst group of recievers in the league. Evans was again invisible and took two costly penalties on a possible scoring drive. Dropped 2 passes in the endzone as well. Price is absolutely terrible and I have no idea why he starts. Once again Parrish made plays when he got the ball, but the coaching staff has a phobia of starting the guy. Robert Royal sucks.
    Grade: F

O-Line - Completely terrible pass blocking. No idea how to pick up a blitz. Peters looked awful with rushers coming off the edge no matter if it was Harrison or Woodley. Once again couldnt help punch the ball in the endzone inside the 5, or pick up a 1st down on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1. Derrick Dockery is average.
    Grade: D

D-Line - Once again the worst unit on the team. McCargo was the only player getting penetration in the backfield, and the coaching staff decided to take him out more than they should of. Larry Tripplett is god awful and gets blown up against the run. Schobel and Kelsay over pursued just about every run and pass play, allowing Parker to gallop off the tackles, or Roethlisberger to step up and make an easy pass.

Linebackers - When they run blitzed they actually did a pretty good job. Crowell and Posluzny made a few nice stops...but thats about it. DiGiorgio was invisible...but how is that a suprise considering he is Jon DiGiorgio. This unit was raped in pass coverage, especially over the middle of the field. This defense CAN'T play the cover 2.
    Grade: D

Secondary - Jim Leonhard had his 2nd interception of the season, but was constantly out of place and late to the ball. Youboty played decent until he was hurt, and Greer did a very nice job on the drive before halftime breaking up 2 possible TD's. Whitner was OK in coverage, but was used more as an extra linebacker today, due to the teams anemic run D. McGee played decent, but was burned a few times as well. He is not a number 1 corner.
    Grade: C

Special Teams - The only unit that shows up week in and week out. Why not make Bobby April the coach? He seems to be the only coach who knows how to game plan and show up on Sunday's. McGee is great on kick returns and seems to be our only hope to gain field position and even points. Lindell hit a chip shot field goal, and Moorman punted the ball consistantly well as usual.
    Grade: B

Coaching - I saved this one for last because I really am just completely speechless when it comes to this staff. Fairchild is terrible at mixing in the run and pass. Fewell needs to stop taking McCargo out of the game when he's playing well. Thats two weeks in a row he's done that. Why does this staff allow Tim Anderson to see the field? His first play he comitted a penalty for DEFENSIVE HOLDING on a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN. Jauron showed the most stones since he's been here by going for it on 4th and 2, but the play call was awful. Evans was doubled the whole game and Lynch was running the ball well. Why would you throw it to Evans? 5 Passing attempts in the first half makes me sick to my stomach. Yes JP did not play well, the entire team did not play well, but this team has NO chance of keeping up, considering how putrid our defense is...if were going to throw the ball 5 times in the first half. When we actually did open up the passing game somewhat, we moved the ball, only to have the drive stalled by inexcusable penalties and rediculous offensive line play leading to sacks.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • Captain gameboy
    • Jul 2002

Re: Gameday Grades

Dumb.

Lynch was the best player on the field today.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

I thought the offensive line played OK. JP won't get 5-6 seconds against ANY defense and that is how long it seems he takes.

Comment

• Illmatic15
        • Mar 2007

A little to harsh on the WR grade..

Ashton Youbotys #1 fan! reppin Liberia
        GET WELL SOON KEVIN EVERETT!

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Why is everybody harping on only having 5 passing attempts in the first half? Three of the first four drives were three-and-outs, for crying out loud...It's pretty hard to establish anything when you're only on the field for comedic relief.

If the coaches came out chucking the ball down the field, everybody would be *****ing about not using Lynch to establish the run.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• northernbillfan
            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Not a bad assessment of the game.

I published this on our front page.
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Illmatic15
              A little to harsh on the WR grade..
              Why? It's a one-man unit. Price has been terrible ever since he left the Bills years ago. Parrish is talented but too small to start.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

QB - F- is there was such a thing.
                RB. B Only bright spot.
                WR n/a Can't do much with an inept QB
                Line C

Comment

• northernbillfan
                  Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  WR n/a Can't do much with an inept QB
                  Best comment today.
                  When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• henrybacker
                    • May 2007

maybe they should have drafted a wr or cb....just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X