X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Play Calling is Suspect...

Thats two weeks in a row now with questionable play calling. JP looks bad because he has no rhythm out there. AND again 1 screen play all day and no passes to Lynch. It was so easy to key in on Losman. I don't think he played well but until I see some better plays being called to simplify things for the offense then I'm not ready to call for JP's head. The other thing is that if you are going to go for it on 4th down anyways then why not run on 3rd and 2 to mix it up? I think the staff was intimidated before the game even started just like the Denver game.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Play Calling is Suspect...

Excellent post! I'm so sick of this coaching staff. They look so damn unprepared and coach scared wayyy too much!

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
      Excellent post! I'm so sick of this coaching staff. They look so damn unprepared and coach scared wayyy too much!
      Which is surprising.... why are they so unprepared? I honestly feel I could have called a better game. I mean they blitzed on EVERY play. Why not run a screen to take the pressure off until they stop blitzing? Or throw a swing pass or something. How about going deep to Evans early on to open up the middle of the field more. I still believe in the staff but they need to be more aggressive and use our weapons no matter what the other team is doing defensively. All those passes to Parrish and Evans could have happened in the first half.

Comment

• RoanokeVABillsFan
        • Sep 2005

You went to so many of the practices and saw the offense practicing throwing to Lynch and the tight ends. Does this look like the same offense? I'm serious, they practiced the plays and you saw them but in your opinion are they just not calling them? I think I remember you saying that they were spreading Lynch out like we used to with Thurman and making him a receiver. Am I remembering correctly? With Reed out, wasn't this the perfect opportunity to do that? Why do you think they're calling plays differently than what they practiced? I'll agree that they suck because they're building a game plan and not adjusting to what is happening...

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RoanokeVABillsFan
          You went to so many of the practices and saw the offense practicing throwing to Lynch and the tight ends. Does this look like the same offense? I'm serious, they practiced the plays and you saw them but in your opinion are they just not calling them? I think I remember you saying that they were spreading Lynch out like we used to with Thurman and making him a receiver. Am I remembering correctly? With Reed out, wasn't this the perfect opportunity to do that? Why do you think they're calling plays differently than what they practiced? I'll agree that they suck because they're building a game plan and not adjusting to what is happening...
          Actually the offensive gameplan for the first 2 weeks looks NOTHING like what they were doing in training camp. It clicked in training camp and they used a bunch of screens, slats, middle passes and rollouts. Right now it looks like they are still in preseason. ONLY thing I can think is that Fairchild is trying to keep his book closed so the Patriots don't have any gamefilm of the offensive plays. But I don't know. That's giving them too much credit. Either way, I want to see the explosive, high powered, 4 or 5 wide offense that they talked about in the offseason. I want to see the TEs and RBs involved with the passing game, that they did in training camp. I want to see a ****ing offense that mixes it up and is suited to a guy with JP's strengths.

Comment

• RoanokeVABillsFan
            • Sep 2005

Actually the offensive gameplan for the first 2 weeks looks NOTHING like what they were doing in training camp. It clicked in training camp and they used a bunch of screens, slats, middle passes and rollouts. Right now it looks like they are still in preseason. ONLY thing I can think is that Fairchild is trying to keep his book closed so the Patriots don't have any gamefilm of the offensive plays. But I don't know. That's giving them too much credit. Either way, I want to see the explosive, high powered, 4 or 5 wide offense that they talked about in the offseason. I want to see the TEs and RBs involved with the passing game, that they did in training camp. I want to see a ****ing offense that mixes it up and is suited to a guy with JP's strengths.
            That's what I thought. I'm so glad we spent the off season preparing to run a bunch of plays that we're not calling once the regular season starts. More examples of the solid coaching we have going on. Thanks for the information. It sounds like all those calls are exactly what was needed today. If they saved them for the Patriots that would suck. I thought we were playing the games one at a time and we were trying to win today. I agree that I want to see the offense that was talked about. That is why everyone is so frustrated. What we're seeing is not what we were told we would be seeing and apparently, not even what they practiced.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

one word:

roll outs

how many rollouts have we seen called the first two weeks? pretty damn close to zero as i recall

let jp do his thing. at least give him a shot to do what he does well, throw on the run and be creative
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Are we still playing vanilla offense? Pre-season week 6 maybe? Thats exactly what it looks like. WR screen 5 times a game, Lynch up the gut, 5 yard out and 7 yard comeback routes. That is all I have seen so far. Do we have slant plays in our offense?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

I'd say the playcalling is a little more than "suspect"...it plain sucks!

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    I'd say the playcalling is a little more than "suspect"...it plain sucks!
                    Ya I guess its more like the play calling is convict.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

HONESTLY!!!!!

Did you guys think any different at all going into this game.....The Bills are not that good. You guys have no idea what it was like for the players last week preparing for this game. A friend of mine that works for the BILLS told me it was a nightmare all week at practice and told me they arent ready for this game!!!!

You lose how many players last week with injury, and Im not even talking about Kevin Everett. What are you guys gonna say next week when we have to go to New England?????????????
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

excuses........excuses............ :
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                        X