PDA

View Full Version : Evans has been a disappointment

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 04:26 PM
dropping passes.. not getting open.. and acting like a 5 years old because he didnt get a couple calls.

grow up and do your job, *****.

Michael82
09-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Thank you! It's about time that someone calls him out. :bf1:

The Spaz
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I think he has been open quite a few times actually but without a QB it does him no good. I think it is a combiation of what I mentioned and maybe he is getting frustrated over the play calling or lack there of!

BoltfanBo
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
YEah what is up with Evans he's killing me in my Fantasy League. I've always liked Evans. I've always said the only person I'd take from the Bills to the Chargers was Evans. Is it JP or just Lee playing bad.

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Fairchild/Juron... Bobby April for OC!!

Michael82
09-16-2007, 04:36 PM
A good receiver makes plays when his quarterback throws him the ball. A GREAT wide receiver makes plays no matter what and makes the quarterback look better! Lee Evans is NOT a GREAT wide receiver.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 04:42 PM
the only people on the team that dont deserve to be called out right now are Lynch, Parrish, and moorman.. other than that.. everyone deserves to have a finger pointed at them.

YardRat
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Who's next? Lynch?

Evans is as frustrated, probably more, than any of us fans over the ineptness of the offense.

Regardless of who you choose to point the finger at first (I pick the QB, some will go with the OC, head coach, o-line etc...whatever, it's your prerogative) if something doesn't get fixed soon there is NO WAY he agrees to an extension of any kind, and he'll walk as soon as he's able to.

Evans is a star in this league, and that's not debatable.

TacklingDummy
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Having 1 trick pony JP Losman throwing the ball to Evans I can see why Evans is frustrated.

Michael82
09-16-2007, 04:46 PM
the only people on the team that dont deserve to be called out right now are Lynch, Parrish, and moorman.. other than that.. everyone deserves to have a finger pointed at them.
EXACTLY! :hi5:

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
evans is a star in the league because he can catch a deep ball? james jett could catch deep balls too.

im not saying that anyone or anything else is going right.. but evans got hit in the hands with a td pass and he dropped it.. then while in scoring range.. he took back to back personal fouls and cost us the drive.. and a few of the sacks that were taken were coverage sacks.. becuase he could not get open.

i love evans and i hope he improves.. but he is FAR from a superstar right now.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 04:50 PM
dude wow.. wow. now the most loved player on the team is getting attacked. he showed enough passion which ive never seen before from the man about some non-calls and i wuld rather he do that than never show any emotion. i am however concerned as to why he is not up to his normal play, getting open or catching those balls like we're used to. i hope that changes for our massacre next week.

Mahdi
09-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Who's next? Lynch?

Evans is as frustrated, probably more, than any of us fans over the ineptness of the offense.

Regardless of who you choose to point the finger at first (I pick the QB, some will go with the OC, head coach, o-line etc...whatever, it's your prerogative) if something doesn't get fixed soon there is NO WAY he agrees to an extension of any kind, and he'll walk as soon as he's able to.

Evans is a star in this league, and that's not debatable.
I agree and I don't blame him one bit for getting pissed. He showed some emotion and I have no problem with that as a competitor. I hope he uses that frustration in the locker room and into next week's game. He is a very good player and he's mad that his offense is playing scared.

Philagape
09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
T, you're just mad because you took him in the second round of the Big Money league :couch:

:peace:

HHURRICANE
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
You guys are nuts. Evans is not the problem. How many yards did Lynch have today? We have the weapons. It's either JP, Fairchilld, or Jauron that's the problem.

This team is a joke on offense and it looks like JP doesn't want to throw the ball even when he has time.

Expecting Evans to pull a rabbit out of his hat everytime the ball is thrown within 10 feet of him is a joke.

Nighthawk
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Even the greatest WRs need the ball to make plays. That's all I need to say.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 04:54 PM
it cant be worse.. he has 3 catchs for 27 yards FOR THE SEASON.

sorry.. if your a great wr.. a star in the league.. that doesnt happen. i dont care what else is going on.. that doesnt happen to starts 2 games in a row.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
did the ball hit evans in the hands in the end zone today? yes or no.

Mahdi
09-16-2007, 04:56 PM

sorry.. if your a great wr.. a star in the league.. that doesnt happen. i dont care what else is going on.. that doesnt happen to starts 2 games in a row.
It could if you're not thrown at and he wasn't for the whole first half. That probably contributed to his frustrations.

Tatonka
T, you're just mad because you took him in the second round of the Big Money league :couch:

:peace:
i thought he was "a star in the league".. i was wrong.. he is a one trick pony who can catch deep passes, but cant get open on the short to intermediate stuff.. at least that is what it looks like right now.

Nighthawk

Does JP make plays? Yes or No?

Mahdi
09-16-2007, 04:57 PM
He dove over the CB to try and make the play. If he had caught it would have been an incredible catch. But I don't blame him for not making that one.

LtBillsFan66
I said this in the bar... If he didn't get mad and frustrated, that would mean he didn't care. The Bills were getting creamed. I don't mind that he got pissed off. I'd be pissed to if I had Losman responsible for getting me the ball.

Tatonka
It could if you're not thrown at and he wasn't for the whole first half. That probably contributed to his frustrations.

did the ball hit him in the hands in the end zone?

Illmatic15
I would be more pissed off when nobody in our team shows no emotion and doesnt care if they loose. Lee Evans needs the damn ball to be effective.......

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
He dove over the CB to try and make the play. If he had caught it would have been an incredible catch. But I don't blame him for not making that one.

of course you dont..

he had it in his hands.. and let it come out when he tripped over a cornerback that he pushed to the ground.. because he wasnt able to get more open.

real stars make that catch.

YardRat
09-16-2007, 05:00 PM

Don't think for one second that if he came down with that ball the offensive interference penalty wouldn't have stood. The TD would have been negated, and the team would have been set back the penalty.

Nighthawk
of course you dont..

he had it in his hands.. and let it come out when he tripped over a cornerback that he pushed to the ground.. because he wasnt able to get more open.

real stars make that catch.

Stop, you're starting to sound ridiculous.

LtBillsFan66
I would be more pissed off when nobody in our team shows no emotion and doesnt care if they loose. Lee Evans needs the damn ball to be effective.......
:bf1:

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Does JP make plays? Yes or No?
clearly not.. that is a stupids ass ****ing question..

but when the qb does hit you in the hands with the ball.. then ****ing catch it..

when your on the field.. get the **** open on something OTHER than a deep bomb.

evans could have won the game had he looked over his left shoulder instead of his right shoulder last week.. but he didnt.. and we lost..

everyone on the team sucks balls right now.. and evans is clearly part of the problem, not the solution right now.

anyone who cant see that needs to take their evans jersey off for a minute.

Michael82
09-16-2007, 05:01 PM

:bf1:

LtBillsFan66
09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
HOW THE F IS EVANS SUPPOSED TO SUCCEED WITH MORON #7 AT QB!

Nighthawk
09-16-2007, 05:04 PM
clearly not.. that is a stupids ass ****ing question..

but when the qb does hit you in the hands with the ball.. then ****ing catch it..

when your on the field.. get the **** open on something OTHER than a deep bomb.

evans could have won the game had he looked over his left shoulder instead of his right shoulder last week.. but he didnt.. and we lost..

everyone on the team sucks balls right now.. and evans is clearly part of the problem, not the solution right now.

anyone who cant see that needs to take their evans jersey off for a minute.

Sorry, don't have an Evans jersey, but I can tell you that he is the least of this team's problems. For him to get open, he needs other people to divert the defenses attention, without that, you'll see this all year. They will double him all day.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 05:05 PM
there are plenty of wrs in this league that are doubled and tripped all day.. steve smith had 3 tds today.. chad johnson had 2 tds and 200 yards.. i guess they were not doubled or tripped either..

i mean.. evans is a "star in the league"... right? why cant he beat double coverage like the other stars?

justasportsfan
09-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I said this in the bar... If he didn't get mad and frustrated, that would mean he didn't care. .but smart players have to be smart about it and not stupid that it cost the team.

He and JP betting get something going.

LtBillsFan66
09-16-2007, 05:09 PM
but smart players have to be smart about it and not stupid that it cost the team.

He and JP betting get something going.
Cost the team losing 26-3 with minutes left in the game?

Nighthawk
09-16-2007, 05:09 PM
there are plenty of wrs in this league that are doubled and tripped all day.. steve smith had 3 tds today.. chad johnson had 2 tds and 200 yards.. i guess they were not doubled or tripped either..

i mean.. evans is a "star in the league"... right? why cant he beat double coverage like the other stars?

Who said he was a star in this league...you????? Chad Johnson has TJ on the other side, so bad example. Plus, he has Palmer throwing to him. S. Smith is a different story...this guy is a star and makes plays. I think that all this post is about is for you to get people riled up over nothing. Your angst is directed in the wrong place. The OC and coaching staff are the real reason for the problems of this team and the QB position is becoming a concern. As far as whether or not Evans is a star or not, well, that comes way down on my list of worries. Sorry.

Crisis
09-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I feel bad for Evans. He's going to have Eric Moulds syndrome (great wr, crappy qbs) his whole career if he stays here.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 05:10 PM
you guys are standing up for someone taking BACK to BACK PERSONAL FOULS!!!

you call that "showing emotion"??

are you kidding me? he got his first personal foul for spiking the ball in someones face while getting blown out and owned by a no name cornerback all day long..

that was horse****.. it was an undisciplined play.. he was taunting someone who is owning him.. lol.. what a joke.

and the second personal foul is a wr crying because someone bumped him and he didnt get the call.

man up and get open.. stop being a taunting *****.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Who said he was a star in this league...you????? Chad Johnson has TJ on the other side, so bad example. Plus, he has Palmer throwing to him. S. Smith is a different story...this guy is a star and makes plays. I think that all this post is about is for you to get people riled up over nothing. Your angst is directed in the wrong place. The OC and coaching staff are the real reason for the problems of this team and the QB position is becoming a concern. As far as whether or not Evans is a star or not, well, that comes way down on my list of worries. Sorry.

i didnt call him a star.. read the thread.. someone else referred to him as a "star in this league"..

i know the difference between a star and a guy who has 3 catches for 30 yards in 2 games..

if evans is a star.. then parrish is the best player in the history of the world based on the season totals.

Nighthawk
09-16-2007, 05:13 PM
you guys are standing up for someone taking BACK to BACK PERSONAL FOULS!!!

you call that "showing emotion"??

are you kidding me? he got his first personal foul for spiking the ball in someones face while getting blown out and owned by a no name cornerback all day long..

that was horse****.. it was an undisciplined play.. he was taunting someone who is owning him.. lol.. what a joke.

and the second personal foul is a wr crying because someone bumped him and he didnt get the call.

man up and get open.. stop being a taunting *****.

I'm not agreeing with him getting the fouls, but you're a making it seem like JP hit him with 5 perfect passes and he dropped them all! Come on...

Crisis
09-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Evans is the last person we should be worrying about. He started slow last year too, he'll get going.

1st 2 weeks of last season he had 4 receptions for 44 yards.

Nighthawk
09-16-2007, 05:14 PM
i didnt call him a star.. read the thread.. someone else referred to him as a "star in this league"..

i know the difference between a star and a guy who has 3 catches for 30 yards in 2 games..

if evans is a star.. then parrish is the best player in the history of the world based on the season totals.

What is your point???? I NEVER CALLED HIM A STAR!!! Are you drunk!?!?

Michael82
09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
He started slow last year too, he'll get going.

JP did too!!! ::: Why the **** can't JP get the same pass? That's what is bothering my and Tatonka. Why can't JP get the same amount of time?

Crisis
09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
JP did too!!! ::: Why the **** can't JP get the same pass? That's what is bothering my and Tatonka. Why can't JP get the same amount of time?
Because Evans was an all-pro WR last season, Losman was MEDIOCRE.

There's no comparison.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm not agreeing with him getting the fouls, but you're a making it seem like JP hit him with 5 perfect passes and he dropped them all! Come on...

well if that is how i am making it seem, then i apologize.. because clearly that is not the case..

look.. i am as frustrated about the season as anyone else.. but evans play today sucked just like the rest of the team.. and it sucks to watch.. and to watch him melt down like a child when we were in scoring range just ****ing pissed me off.. his actions did NOTHING to help this team win..

their are so many problems right now with this team, and it seems like every game is just another couple ridiculous injuries waiting to happen..

but right now is not the time, being 0-2 and sucking balls, to go spiking a ball in someones face because you made an average catch.. which happens to only be your 3rd of the season.

Nighthawk
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM

JP's had 4 years!!!!

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2007, 05:18 PM
did the ball hit evans in the hands in the end zone today? yes or no.Twice!!

Tatonka

dont lump me in with someone sticking up for jp right now.. he has been awful and had plenty of time to throw.. he is holding the ball like rob johnson right now and he is pissing me off more than anyone..

Inetpub
The only thing wrong with evans is hes getting tired of all these missed opportunities. He knows they shouldnt be happening and he knows JP is a bad QB. I cant wait for evans to call out JP!

The day will come when Evans lays a fat goose on JP's head! You heard it from me first!

Illmatic15
09-16-2007, 05:19 PM
The only thing wrong with evans is hes getting tired of all these missed opportunities. He knows they shouldnt be happening and he knows JP is a bad QB. I cant wait for evans to call out JP!

The day will come when Evans lays a fat goose on JP's head! You heard it from me first!

Nah, I dont think Evans is that type of person.

Yasgur's Farm
09-16-2007, 05:19 PM

There's no comparison.Evans made the probowl?

tampabay25690
09-16-2007, 05:20 PM
dropping passes.. not getting open.. and acting like a 5 years old because he didnt get a couple calls.

grow up and do your job, *****.

I will be honest and not even comment on what you posted. FACE it this team is not good at all.........

THE play calling SUCKS!!!!!!

Mahdi
09-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Evans is the last person we should be worrying about. He started slow last year too, he'll get going.

1st 2 weeks of last season he had 4 receptions for 44 yards.
I really don't think this is a case of Evans starting slow. If it is than I agree with Tatonka, your star player can't just "start slow" the first 2 weeks while your offense struggles and you lose both games. I think the offense in general is slow and the play calling is dull.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 05:21 PM

There's no comparison.

sorry but losman was the one that passed to evans, that "all pro" wr just as much as evans did the catching.. although i thought you had to be named an all pro to be an all pro.. i guess peters (who also played like **** today) is an all pro too.. if only bills fans are the ones naming the pro team.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 05:22 PM

i mean.. evans is a "star in the league"... right? why cant he beat double coverage like the other stars? as much as i like evans im gunna actually go ahead and agree with you here. he has seemed off these last 2 games. but thats ok it doesnt matter cuz jps a moron suddenly

Crisis
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
sorry but losman was the one that passed to evans, that "all pro" wr just as much as evans did the catching.. although i thought you had to be named an all pro to be an all pro.. i guess peters (who also played like **** today) is an all pro too.. if only bills fans are the ones naming the pro team.

Please, the pro-bowl voting is a joke. Anyone who watched Evans last year knows he deserved to be in the pro bowl.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Who said he was a star in this league...you????? Chad Johnson has TJ on the other side, so bad example. Plus, he has Palmer throwing to him. S. Smith is a different story...this guy is a star and makes plays. I think that all this post is about is for you to get people riled up over nothing. Your angst is directed in the wrong place. The OC and coaching staff are the real reason for the problems of this team and the QB position is becoming a concern. As far as whether or not Evans is a star or not, well, that comes way down on my list of worries. Sorry. the people that have said he's in the top 5 of nfl recievers? that wud classify as star. he's not pulling that part out of his ass

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Nah, I dont think Evans is that type of person.

i didnt think evans was the type of person that spikes the ball in someones face and draws a personal foul while getting blown out either.. but clearly he is.

Tatonka
09-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Please, the pro-bowl voting is a joke. Anyone who watched Evans last year knows he deserved to be in the pro bowl.

well he clearly wasnt going to make it over chad johnson, harrison, or wayen.. and andre johnson made it in over him..

andre johnson has 300 yards and 2 tds in 2 games.. i know evans 3 catchs for 30 yards and no tds is close to that.. but i would say johnson is better than evans and they made the right call.

Mahdi
09-16-2007, 05:31 PM
i didnt think evans was the type of person that spikes the ball in someones face and draws a personal foul while getting blown out either.. but clearly he is.
Yeah but I think that just shows you that he was really frustrated and it was causing him to act out of character. If he was all cool and calm about the way the game was going I would say that that's a problem as well. Just think of how frustrated we were watching the game and multiply it by 10. If the play calling was p***ing me off imagine how mad he must have been.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM

There's no comparison.but then by this logic wed be caring more about evans' than losman's since we'd expect losman to not do as well as opposed to Evan's who shuld be in all-star mode. well not would, we have expected him to not do so in an all-pro way. but he's the qb. hes automatically to blame for any offensive troubles. and anytime anyone says otherwise, theyre stupid for not seeing the light that is trent edwards and automatically to be dug into the ground for anything they say about him to back him up being an excuse. BTW guys excuses can/do go both ways, it just depends on what side of the arguement its on. all of you make excuses too, just excuses to why he is "atrocious"

evol4276
09-16-2007, 05:34 PM
well if that is how i am making it seem, then i apologize.. because clearly that is not the case..

look.. i am as frustrated about the season as anyone else.. but evans play today sucked just like the rest of the team.. and it sucks to watch.. and to watch him melt down like a child when we were in scoring range just ****ing pissed me off.. his actions did NOTHING to help this team win..

their are so many problems right now with this team, and it seems like every game is just another couple ridiculous injuries waiting to happen..

but right now is not the time, being 0-2 and sucking balls, to go spiking a ball in someones face because you made an average catch.. which happens to only be your 3rd of the season. which is why i said somehting about crowell's dancing and cheering on his 2nd-down run stop in the redzone which eventually led to a TD when the d was beat up all day. i hate players on any team that do that, that celebrate because they make a nice play, whether it matters or not. yet i was groaned away from it

Oaf
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
It hurts when your supposed Pro Bowl WR has double the penalty yardage that he does recieving yardage. He should have come down with that first one in the endzone as well, even with the no-call for interference.

TacklingDummy
09-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Evans sees his huge contract extension going bye bye. I'd be pissed too.

mikemac2001
09-16-2007, 07:55 PM
To be honest i didnt mind evans getting mad, obviously he was frustrated and didnt matter in outcome

his play has been so so but WTF we dont throw the ball enough

Kerr
09-16-2007, 08:01 PM
T, you asked the question if Evans is as good as Steve Smith and how come he doesn't get open like Steve Smith. Steve Smith has a coordinator who finds way to get him open. If doesn't seem like Fairchild knows what to do with Evans so far.

jmb1099
09-16-2007, 08:08 PM
So many things went wrong today.
Bottom line, Evans was frustrated. Bottom line, he should have in no way taken those back to back penalties.
Losman has flat out sucked, no excuses. But anyone who thinks the play calling has been remotely good is crazy.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-16-2007, 08:14 PM
So who are you guys going to go after next week? Will Peters get a holding call and everyone will pour in with "he needs to step it up or else" talk? Evans is the number 1 WR on this team, without question...and like nearly every number 1 in the league, he is going to have some monster games and in some he's going to stink up the joint.

Not being at the game (and having my eyes on the entire field instead of what TV shows you), I really can't say for certain if it is Evans that is the one to blame for the lack of throws his way...I really feel like JP, Evans, and even Lynch are really being hamstrung by the playcalling at this point...also, where was Reed all day?

I was disheartened by the penalties...they seemed extremely out of charater for Evans...so out of character that I'd tend to think that one of two things happened today:

1. He was being held and pushed all day long without any calls...

or

2. He was extremely frustrated with the way the game was going and the lack of production on offense.

Either way, because of who he's been for this team, how he's carried himself in the past, and what he can do for the future, I'm willing to give him a pass on this one.

Mahdi
09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
So who are you guys going to go after next week? Will Peters get a holding call and everyone will pour in with "he needs to step it up or else" talk? Evans is the number 1 WR on this team, without question...and like nearly every number 1 in the league, he is going to have some monster games and in some he's going to stink up the joint.

Not being at the game (and having my eyes on the entire field instead of what TV shows you), I really can't say for certain if it is Evans that is the one to blame for the lack of throws his way...I really feel like JP, Evans, and even Lynch are really being hamstrung by the playcalling at this point...also, where was Reed all day?

I was disheartened by the penalties...they seemed extremely out of charater for Evans...so out of character that I'd tend to think that one of two things happened today:

1. He was being held and pushed all day long without any calls...

or

2. He was extremely frustrated with the way the game was going and the lack of production on offense.

Either way, because of who he's been for this team, how he's carried himself in the past, and what he can do for the future, I'm willing to give him a pass on this one.
Actually Peters didn't have a great game. He got bull rushed a couple times by a LB right into JP. Another thing I didnt like was frequently leaving JP's blindside to be blocked by a RB or a TE. Royal was getting Royally beat by the LBs. Why not use Peters to block those guys. The protection calls were terrible.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 09:46 AM
anyone see one of Steve Smiths TD catch that was harder than any of the throws sent Evans' way?