Am I the only one that thinks this is all intentional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Am I the only one that thinks this is all intentional?

JP is being allowed to play himself out of the starting job, and Jauron & Co. are behind him 100%.

I think its fairly simple..

They gave JP a legitimate shot last year

He did well, but they're not sold on him - he doesn't fit Fairchild's system at all

When Edwards was there in the 3rd, they took a shot on getting 'their' guy

Edwards played extremely well in the preseason

The decision is made to get Edwards on the field this season

Fairchild's play calling returns to ultra-conservative, moving away from JP's strengths, and JP struggles mightily - the early schedule doesn't help Losman's cause either

Edwards gets on the field for some garbage time before the bye, and is able to move the ball (I'm a little surprised it wasn't today)

Edwards gets the starting nod at some point this season - could be right after the bye, or later - I don't know if they will wait until the season is statistically a loss or not - and I'd be surprised to see them throw Edwards to the wolves against the Ravens after the bye

Regardless of what Marv said about not having a 3 year plan, thats exactly what it has turned into - get Edwards a half season's experience this year, fill out the roster a bit in the offseason, primarily on defense, and make a run at the playoffs.

Its too bad, I like JP. He's a good kid, and he works hard - not only on the football field, but on himself as a person. But at this point I want what is ultimately best for the team..

God, I just want to enjoy watching my team on Sundays again...
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Am I the only one that thinks this is all intentional?

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

It seems to me that the Bills are doing to JP Losman what they did to Travis Henry. And it really is a shame, because he's a nice guy and has a lot of potential if they gear the offense to his strengths.

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
        God, I just want to enjoy watching my team on Sundays again...
        I remember those days.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

ok thats a little crazy jj

i dont think that has anything to do with it. they are trying to play it safe and not turn the ball over so they dont expose their defense to more than it already is

but it just not working. they are getting nothing going offensively and its backfiring badly

let jp do his thing. roll him out, put him into some space and let him create

and dont consider a switch until the playoffs are realisitically out of reach

too soo to panic but its ok to hover your hand over the button
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
            It seems to me that the Bills are doing to JP Losman what they did to Travis Henry. And it really is a shame, because he's a nice guy and has a lot of potential if they gear the offense to his strengths.
            Mikey, you did not just compare JP to a player (Henry) who has actually produced in this league...did you??? Are you losing it?

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I know it sounds over the top - I just cannot figure out anything else that makes sense

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                Will not tolerate vandalism.
                • Apr 2006

Well, how about this theory:

Ralph Wilson knows this city is broke. He can only charge half of what teams like the Patriots charge for ticket prices. So, he wants to naturally get this team out of Buffalo (he never wanted it here in the first place-- Miami was his first choice but the AFL said no). The only problem is-- the fan base. It's easier to pull the rug out from under the feet of a disinterested fan base, so Ralph puts in a stooge at GM and runs the team into the ground, hoping enough fans give up on the franchise and give him an excuse to sell off the team to Los Angeles or Toronto interests.

Of course, that's just a wacky, tin-foil-hat, Alex Jones-type conspiracy theory that thought that there was something fishy about that New England dynasty... oh, wait... that one turned out to be true.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

I AGREE with you!!!!!

I think in the 1st 2 games the play calling has been as good as Notre Dame looks!!!!!! We need to do more bootlegs.

I really dont think the team was ready at all and it doesnt surprise me 1 bit...
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

I told you there were issues. With that said it would be pretty dumb to handle any issues this way.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot

Ralph Wilson knows this city is broke. He can only charge half of what teams like the Patriots charge for ticket prices. So, he wants to naturally get this team out of Buffalo (he never wanted it here in the first place-- Miami was his first choice but the AFL said no). The only problem is-- the fan base. It's easier to pull the rug out from under the feet of a disinterested fan base, so Ralph puts in a stooge at GM and runs the team into the ground, hoping enough fans give up on the franchise and give him an excuse to sell off the team to Los Angeles or Toronto interests.

Of course, that's just a wacky, tin-foil-hat, Alex Jones-type conspiracy theory that thought that there was something fishy about that New England dynasty... oh, wait... that one turned out to be true.
                      Ticket revenue is shared evenly among NFL teams, so your theory doesn't make sense to me.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

excuses........excuses........... :
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot

The AFL didn't say 'no'...He couldn't come to terms on a lease for the Orange Bowl.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

It the process of letting the players hang themselves, the coaches are hanging themselves and pissing off a fanbase.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                              ok thats a little crazy jj

i dont think that has anything to do with it. they are trying to play it safe and not turn the ball over so they dont expose their defense to more than it already is
                              Ok, to me that doesn't make sense..

Why revert back to the 2006 pre-bye offensive strategy, when Losman played significantly better once they opened things up for him after the bye?

Comment

Working...
                              X