PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thinks this is all intentional?

JJamezz
09-16-2007, 05:09 PM
JP is being allowed to play himself out of the starting job, and Jauron & Co. are behind him 100%.

I think its fairly simple..

They gave JP a legitimate shot last year

He did well, but they're not sold on him - he doesn't fit Fairchild's system at all

When Edwards was there in the 3rd, they took a shot on getting 'their' guy

Edwards played extremely well in the preseason

The decision is made to get Edwards on the field this season

Fairchild's play calling returns to ultra-conservative, moving away from JP's strengths, and JP struggles mightily - the early schedule doesn't help Losman's cause either

Edwards gets on the field for some garbage time before the bye, and is able to move the ball (I'm a little surprised it wasn't today)

Edwards gets the starting nod at some point this season - could be right after the bye, or later - I don't know if they will wait until the season is statistically a loss or not - and I'd be surprised to see them throw Edwards to the wolves against the Ravens after the bye

Regardless of what Marv said about not having a 3 year plan, thats exactly what it has turned into - get Edwards a half season's experience this year, fill out the roster a bit in the offseason, primarily on defense, and make a run at the playoffs.

Its too bad, I like JP. He's a good kid, and he works hard - not only on the football field, but on himself as a person. But at this point I want what is ultimately best for the team..

God, I just want to enjoy watching my team on Sundays again... :sigh:

LtBillsFan66
09-16-2007, 05:12 PM
:coocoo:

Michael82
09-16-2007, 05:12 PM
It seems to me that the Bills are doing to JP Losman what they did to Travis Henry. And it really is a shame, because he's a nice guy and has a lot of potential if they gear the offense to his strengths.

Scumbag College
09-16-2007, 05:13 PM
God, I just want to enjoy watching my team on Sundays again... :sigh:

I remember those days. :boozer:

Meathead
09-16-2007, 05:14 PM
ok thats a little crazy jj

i dont think that has anything to do with it. they are trying to play it safe and not turn the ball over so they dont expose their defense to more than it already is

but it just not working. they are getting nothing going offensively and its backfiring badly

let jp do his thing. roll him out, put him into some space and let him create

and dont consider a switch until the playoffs are realisitically out of reach

too soo to panic but its ok to hover your hand over the button

Nighthawk
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
It seems to me that the Bills are doing to JP Losman what they did to Travis Henry. And it really is a shame, because he's a nice guy and has a lot of potential if they gear the offense to his strengths.

Mikey, you did not just compare JP to a player (Henry) who has actually produced in this league...did you??? Are you losing it?

JJamezz
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
I know it sounds over the top - I just cannot figure out anything else that makes sense

Johnny Bugmenot
09-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Well, how about this theory:

Ralph Wilson knows this city is broke. He can only charge half of what teams like the Patriots charge for ticket prices. So, he wants to naturally get this team out of Buffalo (he never wanted it here in the first place-- Miami was his first choice but the AFL said no). The only problem is-- the fan base. It's easier to pull the rug out from under the feet of a disinterested fan base, so Ralph puts in a stooge at GM and runs the team into the ground, hoping enough fans give up on the franchise and give him an excuse to sell off the team to Los Angeles or Toronto interests.

Of course, that's just a wacky, tin-foil-hat, Alex Jones-type conspiracy theory that thought that there was something fishy about that New England dynasty... oh, wait... that one turned out to be true.

tampabay25690
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM

I AGREE with you!!!!!

I think in the 1st 2 games the play calling has been as good as Notre Dame looks!!!!!! We need to do more bootlegs.

I really dont think the team was ready at all and it doesnt surprise me 1 bit...

HHURRICANE
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM

I told you there were issues. With that said it would be pretty dumb to handle any issues this way.

lordofgun
09-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Ralph Wilson knows this city is broke. He can only charge half of what teams like the Patriots charge for ticket prices. So, he wants to naturally get this team out of Buffalo (he never wanted it here in the first place-- Miami was his first choice but the AFL said no). The only problem is-- the fan base. It's easier to pull the rug out from under the feet of a disinterested fan base, so Ralph puts in a stooge at GM and runs the team into the ground, hoping enough fans give up on the franchise and give him an excuse to sell off the team to Los Angeles or Toronto interests.

Of course, that's just a wacky, tin-foil-hat, Alex Jones-type conspiracy theory that thought that there was something fishy about that New England dynasty... oh, wait... that one turned out to be true.
Ticket revenue is shared evenly among NFL teams, so your theory doesn't make sense to me.

SABURZFAN
09-16-2007, 05:44 PM

excuses........excuses........... :deadhorse:

YardRat
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM

The AFL didn't say 'no'...He couldn't come to terms on a lease for the Orange Bowl.

Night Train
09-16-2007, 05:51 PM
It the process of letting the players hang themselves, the coaches are hanging themselves and pissing off a fanbase.

JJamezz
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
ok thats a little crazy jj

i dont think that has anything to do with it. they are trying to play it safe and not turn the ball over so they dont expose their defense to more than it already is

Ok, to me that doesn't make sense..

Why revert back to the 2006 pre-bye offensive strategy, when Losman played significantly better once they opened things up for him after the bye?

DynaPaul
09-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I like JP as a person and have been behind him these past 3 years but the coaching staff will have to do something about his lack of productivity sooner or later. Whether that's installing some other plays or calling for a change in the QB position remains to be seen. Really though, a lot of us have been patient with his development because of his potential. This was his make-or-break year and so far it has not started out well. You'd think he would have gotten the gears rolling by now but he just doesn't seem to have the "it" factor. It's too bad because he's a well-liked guy but football isn't about a popularity contest, it's all about what you get done on the field.

Don't Panic
09-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Not sure about the tank job, but I agree that JP is a good guy (can't exactly say good QB these days though) and that I definitely want to have reason to watch the games again. This is getting painful. If their going to throw in Edwards, hopefully its after the toughest part of our schedule is past us, which IMO is Nov. 25th. Hopefully its debatable at that point because that will mean that JP is still looking like he deserves a chance at the job.

kinigirly
09-16-2007, 06:16 PM
half into the game i'm sitting there trying to fathom this disaster. i think...does jp want off the team? no doesn't sound right. then i think...is fairchild setting jp up for disaster with the playcalls because he wants edwards? that didn't sound right either. i just don't get it. half the time jp has no pocket protection. ok not his fault. the other half i see him with 5 seconds and he still has the ball in his hands. wtf? a lot of plays jp did not look like jp. jp is a runner. the first half almost everytime when there was no one open he held onto the ball. that's not like him at all. the in the second half he ran the ball and passed effectively. i don't know if its either 1) jp takes an entire half to get his rhythm or 2)fairchild puts 100% restraints on jp in every area and does not give him slack until the second quarter. if its the first reason, jp needs to go. i seriously, honest to god, am so confused by this team :idunno:

jmb1099
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Play calling was awful. We were driving with Lynch and instead of punching it in we try a pass play. Third and 2 and we pass. Third and 15 and we run. We throw the ball to Lynch 1 time and he gets something close to 20 yards. I think Lynch touched the ball less than 20 times...stupid.
That being said, Losman's play was terrible again. He seemed clueless out there. It will be interesting to see what happens this week after calling out Fairchild. I want him to succeed but the time for excuses is over.

Mr. Cynical
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I know it sounds over the top - I just cannot figure out anything else that makes sense

How about the coaches SUCK? That would make sense. :D

Mudflap1
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Ever think maybe it's as simple as Losman just may not have it? The coaches may know this, and don't want to put the game in his hands, because they don't think he can handle that. It's either that, or the coaches are totally incompetent, or a little of both. None of which is good.

I'm glad J.P. seems like a nice boy to most of you, but that alone is not going to cut it. It's time to put the big boy pants on once and for all.

Jon

Kerr
09-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Who knows, but fairchild is intentionally or unintentionally setting jp for failure with terrible play selection.

Meathead
09-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Why revert back to the 2006 pre-bye offensive strategy, when Losman played significantly better once they opened things up for him after the bye?
good question

everybodys jumping on jp like hes the problem but if that was the case why was he one of the best qbs statistically the last half of last season?

so even just assuming he is an average nfl qb that leaves a huge hole as to why to offense sucks so thoroughly

what else can it be besides offensive game plan? youve got a probowl wr, a former #1 wr as a good #2, an incredibly quick and elusive #3, a very talented rookie rb, and fourteen tons of ass on a rebuilt ol. yet they can hardly put a point on the board

speaking of which, will they even score a point next week? man this blows massive

Saratoga Slim
09-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't buy any of this conspiracy business. Everyone is playing to win. Dick and Marv didn't draft JP, and simply wouldn't be playing him if they didn't think he gives them the best chance to win.

That said, I'm with everyone here who said that JP's off field conduct makes you want to see him succeed. But if we don't see some semblance of a passing offense in the next 6 weeks, I'm all for giving Edwards a chance.

JD
09-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Quite frankly I just think he doesnt have it.

I love how mikey points out the fact that JP is a "nice guy".. lol like that matters in this god damn league.