PDA

View Full Version : Rex Grossman

evol4276
09-16-2007, 05:50 PM
he's had 5 years to learn to be a good starting qb, yet has not proven a thing. hes actually had almost the exact sam amount of time to learn as JP but how often is he talked about RIGHT NOW abut being benched? who would you rather have? JP has as a QUATERBACK accomplished more than he, it's just Grossman has benefitted from a lights-out defense. JP has shown flashes that he can actually win a game (not in any of the 2 whole games this year) on his own and doesnt look like the drunk fratboy every time he makes a stupid-ass turnover or fumble of the snap. if the qb controls so much of the output of the game, how come they dont lose all the time? i know the answer is obvious, but my point is to disprove that theory and that football is/was/always will be a frekaing TEAM game. Sometimes the stuff thats posted on here seems like it sonly posted just to one-up each other on putting him down and basically to "hear yourself talk" so-to-speak. ok i understand, our team is lousy and its normal to find someone to blame for it. but i wuld blame more the offensive calling than him. ok as i said in a prior post, excuses go BOTH WAYS! whether you're defending JP (which theres maybe 2 of us left now on this entire board) or whether you're out for his neck, any sort of talking that is used to back up your statement is classified as making excuses. a lot of you mistake feeling the QB is doing what he can with what was given with accepting fultility. there is a big difference there. u know its been the same thing last year where we started off really slow and i was hoping to hell we weren't going to do the same thing this year. but after we lose next year i see it turning around. i expected us to be better. i expected JP to be better. but i also expected the OC to like call more pass plays. You saw how we were actually capable of picking up first downs today when passing. notice when we got our first downs. the majority of them were in the tail end of the 3rd and 4th quarters. notice when we started throwing more. yea we were down but we are not a power-rushing team nor are we a west coast offense. we are a young team trying to find an identity and so far we haven't found it yet.

TacklingDummy
09-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Grossman has had less time than JP.

And another thing, Grossman plays for the Bears so I could give a crap how he plays.

DynaPaul
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Grossman won't be in there for long. He pretty much lost them a title and couldn't even do the Dilfer thing by just being a caretaker. Grossman sucks, ask any Bears fan. They aren't making any excuses for his poor play.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 05:58 PM
i dont see how its any different from comparing him to rob johnson. rj doesnt play for us anymore either.

henrybacker
09-16-2007, 05:58 PM
can I buy a 2nd paragraph?

evol4276
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
can I buy a 2nd paragraph?huh? of all the things to mention u feel the need to mention how i presented my opinion? this isnt english class

Johnny Bugmenot
09-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Grossman was able to lead his team to a championship game, something Losman will never even sniff. Unless it's a Grey Cup.

evol4276
09-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Grossman was able to lead his team to a championship game, something Losman will never even sniff. Unless it's a Grey Cup. correction. his defense did. as they did the year before. which the meaning to the whole thing that i posted is that the quarterback does carry a lot of the team, but not the whole team. i do however feel he needs to learn like NOW to be able to carry us a bit more because we dont have the luxury to have the d carry us if he or our offense as a whole has a bad outing since our d isnt that spectacular either

BILLSROCK1212
09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
In my opinion Grossman has always been more talented just because of his injuries hasn't been able to show that....look at his offense....what weapons does he have yet he still puts up the points to win games