PDA

View Full Version : From the sounds of Jauron's press conference JP is done.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I listened to Jauron and he made a point of saying that we have a good line, a very good RB, but definatley are not getting balls down the field. He's going to "look at the tape." Most likely he'll find out that JP is the QB.

He gave the obligatory "I think he can play" but when asked about how many more games like this and he replied with "he wouldn't put a number on it."

I think the answer should have been "JP is our QB and he'll get better." Start buying your Trent jerseys now because he's playing soon.

If JP plays this putrid against NE he'll be done next Sunday. I'll bet money on it.

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
This is the best news I have heard in a long time out of 2BD. JP needs to backup and study for just in case, just in case 2 real QB's go down in front of him.

Elminster
09-16-2007, 07:02 PM
I listened to Jauron and he made a point of saying that we have a good line, a very good RB, but definatley are not getting balls down the field. He's going to "look at the tape." Most likely he'll find out that JP is the QB.

He gave the obligatory "I think he can play" but when asked about how many more games like this and he replied with "he wouldn't put a number on it."

I think the answer should have been "JP is our QB and he'll get better." Start buying your Trent jerseys now because he's playing soon.

If JP plays this putrid against NE he'll be done next Sunday. I'll bet money on it.
So he's going to throw Edwards to the wolves, and probably mess his head up so bad his successor will look bad for sticking with him? BRILLIANT!

Mr. Cynical
09-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Hopefully that's the case, although it may not matter if Edwards plays given Dick sucks as well. This team will go nowhere until he's gone.

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM
So he's going to throw Edwards to the wolves, and probably mess his head up so bad his successor will look bad for sticking with him? BRILLIANT!

The wolves are always there, real QB's embrace them. JP runs from them.

kinigirly
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM
if they want to give trent a fair shot, doing it next week at the pats is not a good idea. once we were into the 3rd quarter i could see them giving trent the jets game

don137
09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I truly like JP and want him to succeed but let's face the facts. What QB in the league has looked worse than Losman after the first two games?

joekurtz
09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Like I said earlier today, he's virtually EVERYTHING that an organization & an NFL city could possibly want in a QB off the field. But, in the stadium, on Sunday he apparently just doesn't have the intangibles that make competent a player in the position.

The physical tools are there & he obviously wants to execute & succeed very badly, so desire & heart aren't the issue. I just don't think he has the mental assets needed to succeed at the NFL level. Not that he's dumb. I think he's probably a very bright guy. What he lacks is the ability to make the right decisions under the intense pressure of game situations.

And I just don't think that it's something that can be learned. You either "have it" or you don't. And, sadly for JP, after three plus seasons in the league it's pretty clear that he's one of the "don't".

Kadiddlehopper
09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I truly like JP and want him to succeed but let's face the facts. What QB in the league has looked worse than Losman after the first two games?Trent Green.

Elminster
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Trent Green.
Nice to know you guys care. I would mention Rex Grossman...but he's Rex Grossman. The Bears seem to have to fight him every week to win...

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-16-2007, 07:32 PM
This board has gone to hell

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 07:38 PM

Honestly, do you think JP is our QB of the future?

TacklingDummy
09-16-2007, 07:39 PM
All you guys are nuts. JP is basically a rookie. Give him a chance. He needs more experience.

Iehoshua
09-16-2007, 07:39 PM
All it takes is starting 0-2...

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
All you guys are nuts. JP is basically a rookie. Give him a chance. He needs more experience.

Tons more, let's give him 4 more years and a multi-year extension.

J/K

kinigirly
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
oh yeah. i just watched the press conference. dick is not amused with jp's performance at all. but at the end he did support him and recognized that they know everyone(media and fans) are not happy with jp. but apparently they believe in him and think he can work though it. alright then

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 07:42 PM
oh yeah. i just watched the press conference. dick is not amused with jp's performance at all. but at the end he did support him and recognized that they know everyone(media and fans) are not happy with jp. but apparently they believe in him and think he can work though it. alright then

That's a terrible take on the situation, he needs to be benched.

cocamide
09-16-2007, 08:12 PM

I want JP to succeed, but he hasn't shown that he's able to. It's very sad because he's a great person, but so are a lot of people that shouldn't be playing on Sundays. At this point, JP has very little potential to get better in the future. Edwards at least has some sort of hope, and to say his head will be screwed up because he loses some games his rookie year is just stupid.