PDA

View Full Version : John McCargo

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Showed flashes today, made some nice plays.

Just to get us off the omnipresent JP conversation

OpIv37
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM
agreed- McCargo definitely showed some progress today.

Ebenezer
09-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Showed flashes today, made some nice plays.

Just to get us off the omnipresent JP conversation
I thought he had a good first half...show some good plays....then again, it is not hard to stand out from the rest of the defense right now.

Kerr
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
McCargo had about two big run stuffs for losses. I'd like to see more of that in the future.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2007, 07:48 PM
McCargo, along with Lynch, Poz and (for the most part) the O-line were the only positives of this team today.

(ST as usual was fine. That is not even a question.)

YardRat
09-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Nice too see McGargo step up...Hope he continues to improve and justify his draft status.

Al the Bills Fan
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I am glad I'm not the only one who saw this. I watched the game with my brother-in-law and we were both impressed with John McCargo. Thought he stepped up and played well. Had a couple of nice stuffs on the run, pressured the QB once or twice. Good game for McCargo!

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-16-2007, 08:57 PM
McCargo did look good today...so did Crowell and Poz...Youboty looked like he was playing his first game as a starter (he was)...I thought Di Giorgio filled in nicely for a guy playing out of position. Whitner was uncharacteristically quiet today.

However, the D as a whole still continues to impress me...they are bend but don't break, but that will work just fine if the O will produce...unfortunately, today, the O had too many 1:30 minute drives and that led to a very tired D.

D line needs improvement though...the secondary is just too thin right now...if the O doesn't pick it up, it's going to be a tough year on defense.

Dont drink the water
09-17-2007, 10:48 AM
McCargo played a decent game
Defense had issues but the biggest problem was amount of time spent on field.
They wore down in the first half and just broke in 2nd.

I think it comes from not facing a good enough offense in practice as well as all of the injuries.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Looked like our DT's did their job in the run game, the only times when Parker got big runs was when our DE's overpersued and left the whole outside the tackle wide open for Parker to bust off a big gain running along the sideline.

Our DE's were more the weakness than our DT's sometimes.

naugem
09-17-2007, 11:03 AM
I agree, McCargo showed flashes.

What I don't like is how when someone is getting close to the QB they stop or jump and raise, giving the QB more time to step aside and throw or throw the ball away. They should just ram into the QB, at least they would be punishing him.

Wraith
09-17-2007, 11:21 AM
I was kind of disappointed in Poz. He was massively out of position on the Steelers first touchdown.

Night Train
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
He is the one and only DT doing anything out there.

The other 3,4 are fodder.

Mahdi
09-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I have the tape and what I want to look at is if were getting gashed on run plays when McCargo is in or when Tripps is in.... Cause I have a feeling that McCargo and Williams should be the starters with Tripps coming in on passing downs for Williams.

Mahdi
09-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Looked like our DT's did their job in the run game, the only times when Parker got big runs was when our DE's overpersued and left the whole outside the tackle wide open for Parker to bust off a big gain running along the sideline.

Our DE's were more the weakness than our DT's sometimes.
Actually Pittsburgh players were saying that exactly.They said they game planned to run between our DE and DT all day because they always rush too hard to the outside which makes it easy to take them out of the play.