• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Other than Lynch....

where has this team improved over last year? To me, it looks almost like a carbon copy: offense that can't sustain drives or put up points, "bend but don't break" D that always breaks eventually and gives up huge drives, great ST, and questionable coaching.

It's no secret that this team is rebuilding and can't possibly fix all the problems at once, but which problems have we fixed? I keep hearing about how the youth is going to make the D better. I keep hearing about this improvement that's supposed to happen between Year 1 and Year 2. I keep hearing about how the OL was supposed to anchor offensive improvement.

But through two games, the only noticeable improvement is Lynch. The OL looks better as well, but it hasn't led to any results. In fact, our passing game and passing D seem to have regressed.

I'm looking for some sign of improvement. I'm looking for some sign that the future will be better. I'm looking for some sign that this team is moving in the right direction. So far, I've seen nothing.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Other than Lynch....

We sold out more games. That's an improvement.

Ralph's checking account has definatelt improved.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

JP has regressed, this much is true.

If he sits, we get better.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

I hear you but don't look for any improvements under Dick. He had 1 good season out of 7 (and that one year they won only 4 games against teams > .500, and lost in the first round of the playoffs)

Until he and his staff are gone, we aren't going anywhere. In fact I would say until we get a new GM as well although I know I'll get flamed for it. But since Marv chose Dick, he's to blame for it, just like TD was for manboobs and moocow.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Well, the O-line has improved. JP and the passing game is not taking advantage of it, but it has improved.

The defense, considering the injuries, has not gotten worse, so I guess that is improvement. (I hope that makes sense. The point is lat years defense, minus four guys, would have been ugly).

McCargo is showing hope for the future and so is Poz.

Other than that?

Ugh.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jmb1099
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            where has this team improved over last year? To me, it looks almost like a carbon copy: offense that can't sustain drives or put up points, "bend but don't break" D that always breaks eventually and gives up huge drives, great ST, and questionable coaching.

It's no secret that this team is rebuilding and can't possibly fix all the problems at once, but which problems have we fixed? I keep hearing about how the youth is going to make the D better. I keep hearing about this improvement that's supposed to happen between Year 1 and Year 2. I keep hearing about how the OL was supposed to anchor offensive improvement.

But through two games, the only noticeable improvement is Lynch. The OL looks better as well, but it hasn't led to any results. In fact, our passing game and passing D seem to have regressed.

I'm looking for some sign of improvement. I'm looking for some sign that the future will be better. I'm looking for some sign that this team is moving in the right direction. So far, I've seen nothing.
            Considering the injuries we've sustained in the first two games I'm surprised we even have a team left to field.
            Lynch is an obvious bright spot
            Poz is another although he is obviously still developing
            The oline is doing what they're supposed to be poor playcalling and qb execution make it look worse than it is

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I'm not dissapointed in the defense yet, especially considering the personel losses we've sustained and the acquisition of some youth.

Th o-line is better. Lynch is a given. The special teams are again. well, special.

Despite the two losses, I still feel as if we're only a couple pieces away from contending.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Run Blocking, red zone defense.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jmb1099
                  Considering the injuries we've sustained in the first two games I'm surprised we even have a team left to field.
                  Lynch is an obvious bright spot
                  Poz is another although he is obviously still developing
                  The oline is doing what they're supposed to be poor playcalling and qb execution make it look worse than it is
                  injuries give the D a little bit of an excuse.

On O, the only injuries are Everett and Reed. I feel weird saying this given the situation, but Everett was never a huge contributor to the offense. And Reed is a favorite target of JP, but he played the first game and his absence alone is not a good explanation for a completely dormant offense.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

EDITED FOR TOS VIOLATION -DB
                    Last edited by DraftBoy; 09-17-2007, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

I say we line up Whittle and Preston at TE and increase our pass protection. That's what we were doing with our current TEs anyways.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                        • Aug 2007

I Would say that the O-Line has improved quite drastically from last year. There were some plays against the steelers where I counted to 7 before protection broke down, that never happened last year. Our line is giving time for JP to at least scan the recievers and go through his progressions altough he hasn't been able to take advantage of it. I am not saying our line is at the point where I am completely comfortable with it, I think there is still a lot of room for improvement on the O line.

Poz - has played well, gets caught out of position from time to time but he is a rookie who is still putting it all together. To me it is clear that he can be a star in this league at the LB position. I think he will emerge as a leader of this team by the end of the year, I think that is already starting to happen, the guys on D seem to react well to him.

McCargo - Hopefully Sunday was a sign of things to come. I remember seeing him at camp last year and thinking that he was going to be something special. I think he started to show some glimmer of what he is capable of doing.

That's about it for me!

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

The running back and offensive line are far better. Other than that, nearly everything is the same or worse.

Oh, and Terrence McGee has regained his Pro Bowl KR form of a couple years ago. He's a threat to go the distance every time he touches it.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                            The running back and offensive line are far better. Other than that, nearly everything is the same or worse.

Oh, and Terrence McGee has regained his Pro Bowl KR form of a couple years ago. He's a threat to go the distance every time he touches it.
                            Good point! McGee does look good on the returns.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

OL
                              McCargo
                              Youboty
                              Greer

all look improved
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X