X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

holding calls

ok i have watched the tivoed game just now.

I MUST START BY SAYING BILLS LOSE REGARDLESS TODAY SO THIS IS NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD!

i wont name all the examples i found during game but i saw about 6-7 of them.

BUT......

3rd play of the game 3rd and 1 for the steelers.

anyone who taped game watch this play. then ask yourself how much more extreme would pozlusny have had to have been horse collared for the refs to throw a falg on the 21 yard willie parker run. POZ is sliding down the line of scrimmage and i have no doubt willie gets a first down but maybe for a 3 yard run. NOPE ITS A 21 YARD RUN. it should have been penalty and 3rd and 7 the next play.

this happened on most decent steelers runs its just getting old. we are horrificly coached and have enough problems calling a proper game we dont need stuff like this to be added into the mix.

I MUST REPEAT I STILL THINK WE LOSE TODAY BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE GAME CALLED WAY IT SHOULD BE.
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: holding calls

blows my mind not one person interested in this thread no wait lets bash JP some more.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Ill have to look at the tape and see for myself. It's hard to say that refs are sticking it to the Bills though. Why would they?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I seen one when the play clock hit double 00 and Big Ben hiked it about a second later but the refs also let that kickoff out of bounds stand so it's a wash.

We lost this game because captain Chaos knows no pocket.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
          blows my mind not one person interested in this thread no wait lets bash JP some more.
          I made this point in another thread. The Bills need to send a tape to the NFL. I'm not joking. The offensive holding by the Steelers was insane. I didn't know it was legal to tackle DLs when you play on the offense.

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
            I seen one when the play clock hit double 00 and Big Ben hiked it about a second later but the refs also let that kickoff out of bounds stand so it's a wash.

We lost this game because captain Chaos knows no pocket.

i started this thread by saying i dont think it changes the result but its getting old to have this pile onto our problems

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I made this point in another thread. The Bills need to send a tape to the NFL. I'm not joking. The offensive holding by the Steelers was insane. I didn't know it was legal to tackle DLs when you play on the offense.
              yeah...there was a big passing play by the steelers in which mccargo or tripplett got tackled and the fat lineman just laid on him...
              You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DarbyTheDinosaur
                yeah...there was a big passing play by the steelers in which mccargo or tripplett got tackled and the fat lineman just laid on him...

it was mccargo and it was crazy like mccargo was a RB

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

i know exactly what play you're talking about.that was a tackle by the OL.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

The referees were terrible both ways. I am getting sick of seeing mistakes against our team though when we have a tough enough time with stupid penalties and bad play. It just hurts even more.

The three I saw were:

The 00 play clock that was overseen and BGen threw for the first down.

A false start shortly after than by Pittsburgh's LT.

The clip on Youboty on the same play he ended up getting hurt on. Biggest block in the back I have ever seen and he gets hurt from it. It was less than 5 yards away from the ref that was looking right at it. Go look at it if you taped it...it's pathetic!

Not to mention the interference on Evans on the play he got penalized for getting in the refs face.

We did get away with McGee stepping out of bounds on that return and the no call on the endzone pass to Evans in the first half ( I think it was in the first half).

We got our asses handed to us regardless.
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• clumping platelets

McGee was out of bounds on that long KO return

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

evans was completely arm barred before he got his penalty for jawing at the ref

the defenders forearm was totally across evans chest, very blatant. i dont know how a ref doesnt call that
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                          evans was completely arm barred before he got his penalty for jawing at the ref

the defenders forearm was totally across evans chest, very blatant. i dont know how a ref doesnt call that
                          Would it have mattered?

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

no skooby it wouldnt have mattered but id like to see **** called on other team too those holding calls in run game were brutal. it might have made game a little more entertaining.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

They should have called a holding penalty on Losman for holding his wiener on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X