PDA

View Full Version : When Marv got this call, what do you think his reaction was??

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Marv Levy thought so in April when the Buffalo Bills -- despite already being set at their two top quarterback spots -- made the eyebrow-raising decision to select the Stanford product in the third round of the NFL draft. A few weeks later, the Bills general manager received a curious phone call that confirmed he made the right decision.

Just weeks before his death, Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh was on the line touting Edwards.

"It's the first time he's done this in all the years I've known him," Levy said this week, referring to his friend and former colleague, who died last month. "But he called me and said, 'Marv, you've got yourself one heck of a quarterback.'"

Four weeks into training camp, Edwards is showing signs he'll prove Walsh correct and the Bills astute for drafting him.

"For Bill to say that, it gets you excited. And then when the player comes in here and lives up to or exceeds it, it's even better," Schonert said. "He's been everything we thought he would be on film and more."

http://cbs5.com/sports/local_story_235215357.html

Ebenezer
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Marv Levy thought so in April when the Buffalo Bills -- despite already being set at their two top quarterback spots -- made the eyebrow-raising decision to select the Stanford product in the third round of the NFL draft. A few weeks later, the Bills general manager received a curious phone call that confirmed he made the right decision.

Just weeks before his death, Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh was on the line touting Edwards.

"It's the first time he's done this in all the years I've known him," Levy said this week, referring to his friend and former colleague, who died last month. "But he called me and said, 'Marv, you've got yourself one heck of a quarterback.'"

Four weeks into training camp, Edwards is showing signs he'll prove Walsh correct and the Bills astute for drafting him.

"For Bill to say that, it gets you excited. And then when the player comes in here and lives up to or exceeds it, it's even better," Schonert said. "He's been everything we thought he would be on film and more."

http://cbs5.com/sports/local_story_235215357.html
Skooby, this article has been posted twice previously....

are we going to get this one every week until Edwards starts?

Mitchy moo
09-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Skooby, this article has been posted twice previously....

are we going to get this one every week until Edwards starts?

Umm, maybe just maybe the right person will red it in the bills org. and say damn maybe we should start him. Remember Eb, we are the "Premier" Bills news and info source.

Ebenezer
09-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Umm, maybe just maybe the right person will red it in the bills org. and say damn maybe we should start him. Remember Eb, we are the "Premier" Bills news and info source.
if anybody in the Bills org is reading this and actually giving one hoot what any of us says then this team's problems are so deep that they may never be fixed.