X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Blame Jauron, Fairchild or JP????

At this point I'm confused. If you cannot trust the starting QB then he needs to benched this week. 5 or whatever pass attempts in the 1st half is unacceptable. Look at Derek Anderson(who?) of the Browns. They just let it rip. From hearing JP's press conference it sounds like Fairchild and Jauron won't open it up.

This is what HAS to happen beteen now and the bye week.

JP needs at least 30 passes per game. I don't care what the score is or game situation.

He called out the coaching staff in his PC and it is time to make JP put up or STFU.

You can trust a rookie RB to carry the load over a 4th year QB>???????

If they cannot trust him to run the team then they better get Edwards ready to start after the bye

Cause at that point they better figure out if they are going #1 at QB in the draft.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Blame Jauron, Fairchild or JP????

I'd say Fairchild is the culprit. Freakin Derek Anderson looked like a pro bowler today. Fairchild doesn't realize he's not playing to jp's strengths. Jp is a vertical offense qb, not a balanced offense qb. I have not seen any indication in the playcalling that they are trying open up the offense.

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
      I'd say Fairchild is the culprit. Freakin Derek Anderson looked like a pro bowler today. Fairchild doesn't realize he's not playing to jp's strengths. Jp is a vertical offense qb, not a balanced offense qb. I have not seen any indication in the playcalling that they are trying open up the offense.
      It appears he needs rythem, gotta get started earlier. At least that is what he said in his PC.

So can they not trust him or is he just inept?
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

JP is a big failure.

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          JP is a big failure.
          Isn't hard to be a big success throwing 5 passes in the 1st half?

Just asking.

I am now officially on the fence.

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

[QUOTE=BidsJr]It appears he needs rythem, gotta get started earlier. At least that is what he said in his PC.

I wish I knew. Who knows what jauron and fairchild are really thinking, but I don't think many, if any, qb would have a good day with the type of play selection the bills offense had today. Against NE, they should start him in shotgun and get him in rythm and let the pass control the run game. Going into NE with a run first, throw last game plan, won't be easy. NE is not as easy team to run on. JP loves the stretch the field. That's what got him selected in the 1st round. He was known as a kid with a big arm who loved to air out. I've been saying it for years, just let jp air it out for once. It just seems they keep him on a leash in gameplans.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

They have nothing to lose by unleashing JP. A conservative offense does no good when the D gets run over and can't get off the field.

As far as blame, it is a combination. The team seems to be setting up JP to fail. Unfortunately, he's doing exactly that.

If a QB doesn't fit "the system," then change the damn system.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Derek Anderson looked like a pro-bowler after replacing an ineffective Charlie Frye. Cleveland changed their QB, not their coordinator.

5 passes, six runs, first eleven plays. Two three-and-outs.

JP may have called out the staff in his, but Evans pointed the finger at execution and said it WASN'T the play-calling.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                  They have nothing to lose by unleashing JP. A conservative offense does no good when the D gets run over and can't get off the field.

As far as blame, it is a combination. The team seems to be setting up JP to fail. Unfortunately, he's doing exactly that.

If a QB doesn't fit the system, then change the QB. It's a team game, or so I thought.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BidsJr
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape

Or change the dang QB. If all you can do is trust him to 5 passes per half o whatever it was then you are goign nowhere fast.

I have never been more baffled as a Bills fan. WTH is going on. Even with Mularkey at least he had the excuse of a n00b QB to work with.

Bledsoe at least he had some success to back him up.

I just have no idea WTH the staff is doing.

Comment

• kinigirly
                      • Sep 2005

i blame first, second, and third

Comment

• Kerr
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                        Derek Anderson looked like a pro-bowler after replacing an ineffective Charlie Frye. Cleveland changed their QB, not their coordinator.

5 passes, six runs, first eleven plays. Two three-and-outs.

JP may have called out the staff in his, but Evans pointed the finger at execution and said it WASN'T the play-calling.
                        Maybe the coordinator just opened up the playbook because charlie frye didn't have exactly what you call a deep arm and they couldn't put him in many passing situations. Either way you look at it, the coaching staff shipping frye to seattle is them saying they made a mistake picking him as the starter.

Comment

• Kerr
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Gameplans are supposed to change week to week. The weakest game plan always loses.

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                            Gameplans are supposed to change week to week. The weakest game plan always loses.

Problem is that when some were complining about vanilla gameplans in the preseason, some including myself believed it would be opened up in the regular season.

So far concerning the preseason, that was teh offense. That is scary.

Comment

• Elminster
                              #1 Kelsay Fan
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BidsJr
                              Problem is that when some were complining about vanilla gameplans in the preseason, some including myself believed it would be opened up in the regular season.

So far concerning the preseason, that was teh offense. That is scary.
                              I am convinced that Fairchild needs to go. I could call a better game. JP isn't doing himself any favors, but it's hard to do much when you aren't allowed to. The TC is right....trust him, or just bench him. Why bother with this pointless charade? Let JP play or get started on the Edwards era already!
                              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X