PDA

View Full Version : Im pretty ticked right about now

X-Era
09-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Two games in a row. Im very dismayed.

Its not that we couldnt have seen it coming, there were plenty of reasons:

New o-line, cutting two vet LB's and then starting a rookie, letting a very good CB go, rookie RB, giving Losman even more of the responsibility to make plays and to be a leader.

There was enough reason to be concerned. But I went ahead and trusted the FO. I thought they new what they were doing. But a few things are very clear:

Our defense is worse than last year at this point. We are very very bad on 3rd downs. We do a good job of stopping the run on 1st and 2nd but then we either give up big yards on the pass or run and dont convert 3rds. Our pass rush isnt very good at all, we let the QB's sit back and pick away at us. Our secondary consistently allows soft spots and big yards.

Our offense is worse than last year at this point. Its a statement about the overall play, not that all individual units are worse. The o-line is better than last year. I think they actually have been a bright spot thus far. They get push on the run, and hold up well on the pass. Lynch is better than McGahee right now, hes a beast and why we dont stick with the run more I will never know. Our blocking by Lynch and TE's is very bad, they dont pick up blitzes hardly at all. Its got to improve. Our passing game is very bad. Losman is waiting WAY too long and taking needless sacks. He isnt giving up a ton of fumbles or int's, but he also is doing nothing as a passer. Evans has been non-existant.

Special teams are still special with the exception of Lindell who is worse this year compared to last.

My biggest complaint is that we cant seem to evaluate our team in the offseason. If you make the type of changes we made, and then have a ton of cap room, you had better be a better team. We are worse and that means the FO has failed us all.

Its not over, we are no more than one game out of a wildcard spot. But we have NE coming up, and no signs of getting better.

Ebenezer
09-17-2007, 05:13 AM
Two games in a row. Im very dismayed.

Its not that we couldnt have seen it coming, there were plenty of reasons:

New o-line, cutting two vet LB's and then starting a rookie, letting a very good CB go, rookie RB, giving Losman even more of the responsibility to make plays and to be a leader.

There was enough reason to be concerned. But I went ahead and trusted the FO. I thought they new what they were doing. But a few things are very clear:

Our defense is worse than last year at this point. We are very very bad on 3rd downs. We do a good job of stopping the run on 1st and 2nd but then we either give up big yards on the pass or run and dont convert 3rds. Our pass rush isnt very good at all, we let the QB's sit back and pick away at us. Our secondary consistently allows soft spots and big yards.

Our offense is worse than last year at this point. Its a statement about the overall play, not that all individual units are worse. The o-line is better than last year. I think they actually have been a bright spot thus far. They get push on the run, and hold up well on the pass. Lynch is better than McGahee right now, hes a beast and why we dont stick with the run more I will never know. Our blocking by Lynch and TE's is very bad, they dont pick up blitzes hardly at all. Its got to improve. Our passing game is very bad. Losman is waiting WAY too long and taking needless sacks. He isnt giving up a ton of fumbles or int's, but he also is doing nothing as a passer. Evans has been non-existant.

Special teams are still special with the exception of Lindell who is worse this year compared to last.

My biggest complaint is that we cant seem to evaluate our team in the offseason. If you make the type of changes we made, and then have a ton of cap room, you had better be a better team. We are worse and that means the FO has failed us all.

Its not over, we are no more than one game out of a wildcard spot. But we have NE coming up, and no signs of getting better.
thanks captain obvious...that'll just brighten everybody's day...:chuckle:

Discotrish
09-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Unlike a few years back (remember that big opening week win against the Patriots?) the Bills are cutting us a break. We won't have our hopes up about a great, or even good, season. Instead we can realize we are already in the role of spoiler.

We may win if teams look past us to their next game, or think they can take a week off.

Patti

:horror:

Mitchy moo
09-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Unlike a few years back (remember that big opening week win against the Patriots?) the Bills are cutting us a break. We won't have our hopes up about a great, or even good, season. Instead we can realize we are already in the role of spoiler.

We may win if teams look past us to their next game, or think they can take a week off.

Patti

:horror:

And Brady has just broken the passing yards record in one game, poor Bills :horror: