PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards will start against the Jets,count on it!!!

blackonyx89
09-17-2007, 08:01 AM
When J.P. goes to New England and sucks there,the management will have no choice but to go to Edwards. The good thing is that Trent will have a chance to get his feet wet in the friendly confines of the Ralph. It's time for a change. If they don't, they are the dumbest organization in the NFL.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 08:05 AM
No Trent before week 12, this is JPs time to either sink or swim..

Luisito23
09-17-2007, 08:17 AM

If by week 6 we haven't won a game then we definetly need to put in Trent, let him have more than a 1/2 season to shows us what he can do....Reminds me of what someone on ESPN said refering to Houston..."Amazing how better the offensive line looks when you have a real QB"......Texans = Bills - Schaub....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 08:25 AM
If by week 6 we haven't won a game then we definetly need to put in Trent, let him have more than a 1/2 season to shows us what he can do....Reminds me of what someone on ESPN said refering to Houston..."Amazing how better the offensive line looks when you have a real QB"......Texans = Bills - Schaub....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

I agree but I think its to early to throw Trent out there and it's to early to pull Losman.

Putting Losman on the bench would not please the Losmanites. It has to be clear to the Losmanites that JP belongs on the bench and that he is not the future of this franchise.

If you pull Losman now the Lickers will just sit back and wait for Trent to screw up and say "I told you so, put JP back in." :cry: :cry:

That's not fair to JP or Trent.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
That would be OK with me, but realistically, it won't make much difference if Jauron and Fairchild keep feeding Edwards the same abominable game plan.

But it will give Edwards some experience for the time when Jauron and Fairchild have taken their drab and mundane offensive philosophy to greener pastures.

njsue
09-17-2007, 08:34 AM
I disagree. JP will remain the Bills starter.

The initial change has to be the Playcalling. Or get a better Offensive Coordinator.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Hey at least you aren't going to flip flop, there's a few of those lingering.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 08:36 AM
It's pretty safe to say that it's three and out for JP. No way JP survives the home crowd after getting killed by the Pats. I agree he needs to play a solid game in NE or he's done.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2007, 08:40 AM
We're 12-22 over the last 2 seasons and 2 games, and soon to be 12-23. What could it hurt to try Edwards?

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 08:42 AM
We're 12-22 over the last 2 seasons and 2 games, and soon to be 12-23. What could it hurt to try Edwards?
And ruin him by letting him get torn apart as a rookie? We start him now his career is done for with the play calling we have going right now.

blackonyx89
09-17-2007, 08:44 AM

Thank you so much. This isn't going anywhere. At least Trent's not going hold on to the ball too long. LOL! :clown:

Luisito23
09-17-2007, 08:51 AM
And ruin him by letting him get torn apart as a rookie? We start him now his career is done for with the play calling we have going right now.

Not everyone is JP....Rookie looked good last month and gave us at least some hope for the future....I have a feeling this will turn out to be one of the best drafts of all time!......Lych, POZ, Trent :pray:.....Plus we'll have a high pick to finally fix this pathetic run D, and much, much more....Things could be worst....:peace:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Jason15215
09-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I bet about 5 years back NE fans wanted this no name QB named Brady to have a shot, and I bet alot of people said "He's a late 2nd day draft pick". Not saying Edwards is the next Brady, but maybe he isnt afraid to throw the ball either. I was a huge JP supporter, but the Steelers run D is great (and we did ok against it) but their pass D is average and JP made the Steelers look like they had Mel Blount and Donnie Shell back there.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 08:56 AM

I hate to say it but I'm not totally convinced it's the play calling. It might be but I'd really like to see what Edwards does with the same plays. Maybe it's 12-7 early in the third because Edwards knows how to throw that ball to Price in the endzone.

Michael82
09-17-2007, 08:58 AM
EXACTLY! great post. :bf1:

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 08:58 AM
I bet about 5 years back NE fans wanted this no name QB named Brady to have a shot, and I bet alot of people said "He's a late 2nd day draft pick". Not saying Edwards is the next Brady, but maybe he isnt afraid to throw the ball either. I was a huge JP supporter, but the Steelers run D is great (and we did ok against it) but their pass D is average and JP made the Steelers look like they had Mel Blount and Donnie Shell back there.
brady has an hof owner and coach. We have two of the worst in history.

Luisito23
09-17-2007, 09:03 AM
brady has an hof owner and coach.

Yeah, but they're not the ones making the passes or reading the blitzes, and adjusting....Some have it, some don't simple as that.....stop making excuses....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Historian
09-17-2007, 09:11 AM
They'll make a change at the BYE if we don't have even one win yet, as nobody rebounds from 0-5

Michael82
09-17-2007, 09:19 AM
They'll make a change at the BYE if we don't have even one win yet, as nobody rebounds from 0-5
I agree with this one. I have a feeling that because of the brutal schedule....they will give JP the first 5 weeks. If he can't get anything done against the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys....he will be pulled at the bye and that will be for good.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2007, 09:21 AM
brady has an hof owner and coach. We have two of the worst in history.

lol!

Worst in history???????????

Hell, Levy is far from being the worst GM in BILLS history, let alone NFL history.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2007, 09:22 AM
He survived a God-awful O line, and team in general, at Stanford. I think he can survive Fairchild's putrid play calling.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 09:23 AM
I agree with this one. I have a feeling that because of the brutal schedule....they will give JP the first 5 weeks. If he can't get anything done against the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys....he will be pulled at the bye and that will be for good.

I can't even imagine the booing if JP starts against the Jets coming off of a bad performance in NE. I'm not sure starting Edwards at the Jets game wouldn't be better for everyone including the fans.

Michael82
09-17-2007, 09:23 AM
He survived a God-awful O line, and team in general, at Stanford. I think he can survive Fairchild's putrid play calling.
:rofl: Did you see how bad the playcalling is from Fairchild? I don't think anyone can survive this. I actually miss Tom Clements. Hell, I even miss Kevin Gilbride! :puke:

Michael82
09-17-2007, 09:25 AM
I can't even imagine the booing if JP starts against the Jets coming off of a bad performance in NE. I'm not sure starting Edwards at the Jets game wouldn't be better for everyone including the fans.
well, then....shame on the fans! If they boo him right at the start of the game, **** them all! Bunch of bandwagon bastards! They would boo Edwards if he throws a couple interceptions and takes big sacks too. Hell, those same idiot fans would probably cheer if JP Losman gets injured against the Jets and that's pathetic! :rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
09-17-2007, 09:28 AM
:rofl: Did you see how bad the playcalling is from Fairchild? I don't think anyone can survive this. I actually miss Tom Clements. Hell, I even miss Kevin Gilbride! :puke:
Hell, I miss Joe (2 yards abd a cloud of crap) Pendry.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 09:28 AM
If JP can't get anything going early against the Pats, I'd sit his arse and start Trent at the 2nd half against the PAts. I don't care if they confuse the hell out of him but if there's any team you want to see what Trent is made of, The PAts are the team. If he can slightly move the ball then we know what to do for the remainder of the season.

Problem is, is Fairchild going to go conservative on him too.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 09:29 AM

Trents first NFL game against the Ravens? Not going to happen.

njsue
09-17-2007, 09:43 AM
If JP can't get anything going early against the Pats, I'd sit his arse and start Trent at the 2nd half against the PAts. I don't care if they confuse the hell out of him but if there's any team you want to see what Trent is made of, The PAts are the team. If he can slightly move the ball then we know what to do for the remainder of the season.

Problem is, is Fairchild going to go conservative on him too.

Seems like Fairchild is setting JP up to fail.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Seems like Fairchild is setting JP up to fail.

If he's doing that, he's supplying the nails to his own coffin.

JJamezz
09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm not the type to say things like 'mark my words,' but in this case I'll make an exception.. The play calling will change NOTICEABLY if Edwards gets on the field, and we'll start to see a much less conservative short to medium range passing game magically appear before our eyes.

Pick your theory on Losman's struggles, it really doesn't matter who ends up being right, or if we even ever know - its becoming obvious Edwards will very likely get on the field in the coming weeks.

The Answer
09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
When J.P. goes to New England and sucks there,the management will have no choice but to go to Edwards. The good thing is that Trent will have a chance to get his feet wet in the friendly confines of the Ralph. It's time for a change. If they don't, they are the dumbest organization in the NFL.

Let's sure hope so - if not let's hope for Losman to get injured ASAP. (No that comment won't go over well but what ever it takes to get this loser out of the lineup for good).

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Let's sure hope so - if not let's hope for Losman to get injured ASAP. (No that comment won't go over well but what ever it takes to get this loser out of the lineup for good).

~The Answer

I think in light of all of the injuries probably a bad idea to wish an injury on anybody.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 12:34 PM

~The Answer

I hope youre wrist breaks from posting such a jerkoff comment.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2007, 01:27 PM

~The Answer

Anybody that wishes injury on a player is the real loser.

See Kevin Everett.

don137
09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Maybe I am putting too much stock in it but Edwards came from Stanford so you have to believe he is a lot more intelligent than the average QB coming into the league so one would think he could be able to pick up the offense quicker and maybe start the second half of the year.
JP has no room for error at this point. I know he is mad at Fairchild's play calling like everyone else and I am all for him trying to do it his way but as a QB you need to execute no matter what the play is called and he has failed miserably so far this year.

Michael82
09-17-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm not the type to say things like 'mark my words,' but in this case I'll make an exception.. The play calling will change NOTICEABLY if Edwards gets on the field, and we'll start to see a much less conservative short to medium range passing game magically appear before our eyes.

Pick your theory on Losman's struggles, it really doesn't matter who ends up being right, or if we even ever know - its becoming obvious Edwards will very likely get on the field in the coming weeks.
If that really does happen, I will keep screaming and yelling until BOTH Steve Fairchild and Dick Jauron are fired at the end of the season. That's a classless, piece of **** thing to do! :mad: :curse:

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
lol!

Worst in history???????????

Hell, Levy is far from being the worst GM in BILLS history, let alone NFL history.
Marv Levy is the OWNER? Read the post again, then respond.

For reference purposes I actually like what Levy has done for the most part draft wise. If he was the one that hired Jauron he needs to work on picking HC's but I like the way he drafts so far.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Are you seriously comparing the level of talent in college to the level of talent in the NFL? You're crazy man....... No blitzing LB in the league can do to Edwards what someone like Ray Lewis can do to him.

Elminster
09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Are you seriously comparing the level of talent in college to the level of talent in the NFL? You're crazy man....... No blitzing LB in the league can do to Edwards what someone like Ray Lewis can do to him.
That's why I'm certain we;ll see Edwards. It's only a matter of time before JP gets hurt behind this "improved" offensive line. And then the countdown until Edwards gets hurt begins in earnest...

PECKERWOOD
09-17-2007, 04:17 PM
When you take away the deep ball from our offense, they have virtually nothing. Marshawn Lynch can move the chains but he needs help too.

camelcowboy
09-17-2007, 04:22 PM
He should start after the bye week if things keep going the way they are. Titans did it with Young, Leinart was started early in the season as well. Im sick of the philosophy, well if you play him you'll ruin the young qb. quickest way to improve at anything in life is get repititions. if the kid can play then then he can play. Its not like we are putting the kid infront of a crappy o-line. The kid has shown the ability to be accurate and make quick decisions something that JP has failed to do in 4 years. I agree not yet but the trent edwards era will start sooner or later, and its no ones fault but Jp's

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 04:22 PM
When you take away the deep ball from our offense, they have virtually nothing. Marshawn Lynch can move the chains but he needs help too.
Not that hard to figure out. I don't know how some people fail to see this.

If you don't go deep every now and then you don't scare anybody, if you don't scare anybody teams will play eight or nine in the box to stop the run and all the short crap.

We have one of the most dangerous deep threats the league has seen in a long time, why the **** wouldn't you use it? I heard someone earlier say that maybe Penis Jauron wants Losman to fail so his guy (Edwards) can get his career underway. Initially I thought that was freaking stupid, but now I'm starting to see it.

PECKERWOOD
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Not that hard to figure out. I don't know how some people fail to see this.

If you don't go deep every now and then you don't scare anybody, if you don't scare anybody teams will play eight or nine in the box to stop the run and all the short crap.

We have one of the most dangerous deep threats the league has seen in a long time, why the **** wouldn't you use it? I heard someone earlier say that maybe Penis Jauron wants Losman to fail so his guy (Edwards) can get his career underway. Initially I thought that was freaking stupid, but now I'm starting to see it.

I can't say that Jauron wants Losman to fail so he can start Edwards, but I will say that by the play calling that, that statement atleast appears to be true. Jauron is one of the worst HC's when it comes to game time decisions. He will never be a clever coach like Shanahan or Belibaby. Look at what Mike Shanahan did, he called a time out right before Janikowski attempted a 50 yard FG. Janikowski ended up making the FG but they brought it back because Shanahan got the TO off in time, then on the 2nd attempt he failed. You will never see our coaching staff change the game like this.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 04:29 PM
I can't say that Jauron wants Losman to fail so he can start Edwards, but I will say that by the play calling that, that statement atleast appears to be true. Jauron is one of the worst HC's when it comes to game time decisions. He will never be a clever coach like Shanahan or Belibaby. Look at what Mike Shanahan did, he called a time out right before Janikowski attempted a 50 yard FG. Janikowski ended up making the FG but they brought it back because Shanahan got the TO off in time, then on the 2nd attempt he failed. You will never see our coaching staff change the game like this.
Sadly enough Jauron is making miss Mike Mularkey and Mr. "Man Tits" Greg Williams.

I have never been this depressed about a Bills team.

camelcowboy
09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
How are they not rolling JP out on boots, and letting the kid use his legs a little. He's good at throwing on the run, it would keep the defense honest a little. Just another example of how this coaching staff has failed this team. If this team wants a pocket passer give it to edwards, because Losman is running out of chances.

gr8slayer
09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
How are they not rolling JP out on boots, and letting the kid use his legs a little. He's good at throwing on the run, it would keep the defense honest a little. Just another example of how this coaching staff has failed this team. If this team wants a pocket passer give it to edwards, because Losman is running out of chances.
No **** man. Great post, I've been wondering the same thing myself.

Elminster
09-17-2007, 04:36 PM
You should be our offensive coordinator. Call OBD straight away and offer your services!

camelcowboy
09-17-2007, 04:39 PM
You should be our offensive coordinator. Call OBD straight away and offer your services! I'll be there trying to get icebowl tickets, ill drop my application off as well. Put it this way JP should be used the way Shannhan uses cutler. Having JP stay in the pocket all them doesn't help the team it takes away a valuable weapon. Coaching has made Cutler a qb on the rise. In my mind a change of philosphy could do the same for JP.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Marv Levy is the OWNER? Read the post again, then respond.

For reference purposes I actually like what Levy has done for the most part draft wise. If he was the one that hired Jauron he needs to work on picking HC's but I like the way he drafts so far.

In that case, there are many owners in the NFL worse than Ralph.

Another simple answer.

YardRat
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM
The intermediate passing game does more to benefit the run than the deep ball. Without the mid routes working, the run and the deep ball are screwed for the most part.

Michael82
09-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Excellent post! You have already shown that you are 10 times smarter than Dick Jauron and Steve Fairchild! :clap:

:sigh:

Jan Reimers
09-18-2007, 09:22 AM
If you disagree with me, fine. But I'd rather not be personally attacked, which you've done more than once.

Mitchy moo
09-18-2007, 09:26 AM
If this team wants a pocket passer give it to edwards, because Losman is running out of chances.

This is what the play calling is calling for, a pocket passer which JP is not.

BleedinGreenNC
09-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Trents first NFL game against the Ravens? Not going to happen.

Clemens did it this past week, 260 Yards 1td 1int.

Maybe Trent could do something good.