PDA

View Full Version : More speculation on how else the Patriots cheated...

jpdex12
09-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Not only were they breaking rules by taping other teams signal calling but they may have broken more rules and used mics in their defensive players helmets (if I have heard this correctly).

Goodell said he will drop the hammer even more if the Patriots didn't completely come clean.

No link, just spoke with a friend about this today.

Has anyone else heard more on this and if so, what other penalties should NE face?

4 game suspension for BB and another first round pick forfeited? I wonder if BB's incomplete honesty with Goodell like Mike Vick will get him a more severe penalty.

Thoughts?

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
I heard the announcers talking about it during the game last night, so there are additional accusations. They involve putting mics in the helmets of D-linemen so the other teams' audibles could be recorded and analyzed.

I think the Patriots should lose all of their first day picks and Bellicheck should be given a 4 game suspension, and they should both be hit with the max fine again.

njsue
09-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I predict that Mr. Kraft will buy out Bellyaches contract and ask him to step down.

Mr. Kraft wants to run clean organization.

Dont drink the water
09-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Negative. He is extending him.

Coach Sal
09-17-2007, 10:54 AM
If Commissioner Goodell finds out Bill B. lied to him, the hammer will certainly come down.

It's one thing to violate rules.

But Goodell has made it clear that he expects people who do to be upfront and truthful when confronted about it.

jpdex12
09-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I heard the announcers talking about it during the game last night, so there are additional accusations. They involve putting mics in the helmets of D-linemen so the other teams' audibles could be recorded and analyzed.

I think the Patriots should lose all of their first day picks and Bellicheck should be given a 4 game suspension, and they should both be hit with the max fine again.

I didn't catch that! Holy ****! Talk about really breaking the rules.

That's rediculous. How much more have the Patriots cheated in ways like this to get an edge? I wonder. That is BS. This in my opinion is no different then someone fixing a game because if these cheating accusations are true then I guarentee you that even though the Patriots are a great team, this has altered the results of more than one game and think of how many people have bet on games and lost because of the significance of this situation.

I wonder if the mafia can do some research on this to see if in fact their gambling parleys have lost big money as a result of this and put a hit out on BB. Then Goodell won't have to suspend him and we will have a better chance of beating them this year even if JP throws for 97 yards...well, maybe not.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-17-2007, 11:41 AM
It's all hearsay at this point...however, if it is true and the Pats were doing more, then Bellichek should be fined and banned for life and Patsies should lose all day one picks. Goddell should send the message to America's children that cheaters never prosper.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 12:10 PM
It's all hearsay at this point...however, if it is true and the Pats were doing more, then Bellichek should be fined and banned for life and Patsies should lose all day one picks. Goddell should send the message to America's children that cheaters never prosper.

from the beginning of this whole thing last year, the Pats were accused of using additional radio frequencies- beyond what is legally allowed by the NFL. It's hardly a smoking gun, but recording audibles is certainly something that could be done with the additional frequencies.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Negative. He is extending him.

Bob Kraft extended him so that he could buy Bill's silence. Bob Kraft comes out squeekly clean and Bill walks away with millions and a book tour.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I think the cheating thing is way overblown. The guy would have kicked everyone's asses anyways.

It's like my business, I could hand my buying customer list to the crappy salespeople and they still couldn't get the business.

Was it wrong? Yes. Does it really change things? No.

Ickybaluky
09-17-2007, 12:38 PM
The latest rumor is Bill Belichick was actually the 20th hijacker. I bet Goodall comes down hard on him for that.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
The latest rumor is Bill Belichick was actually the 20th hijacker. I bet Goodall comes down hard on him for that.

New England is going to win it all this year. They are that good and you should be pumped.

However, don't act like BB is sqeeky clean and a victim here.

The thing I would be scared about is that the whole team was acting like it was going to be Bellichek's last game or something. That was a little weird.

By the way, he was definately the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

jpdex12
09-17-2007, 12:45 PM
I think the cheating thing is way overblown. The guy would have kicked everyone's asses anyways.

It's like my business, I could hand my buying customer list to the crappy salespeople and they still couldn't get the business.

Was it wrong? Yes. Does it really change things? No.

I have to disagree. The cheating thing is not overblown. We all know that it can take one play to lose a game or win a game. If it was one play that the Patriots could have discovered that the opposing offense audibled into and they recognized the call from their d linemen's radio mics or from videotaping signals and it changed the outcome of the game then we have all been cheated from knowing what really would have happend if the competitive advantage was never achieved.

I heard during lunch today on ESPN that Mangini was the one that blew BB in last year because Mangini knew about what BB was doing and that is why Mangini and BB had the falling out last year. Mangini was trying to not start a massive controversy but it has gone too far. Mangini was coming forward with the d linemen mic thing and also the videotaping.

If the NE d linemen were carrying mics in their helmets to pick up audibles so the Patsies could compare that to the signal calling that they were videotaping then they could crack the signals sent in by the other team from the NE sideline and so could the players on the field.

If BB didn't come clean with everything then Goodell must hang him by his balls to make an example. IF he wants to clean up this league then we will see additional penalties.

One can say that it is only hearsay but If Mangini is coming forward with complaints from their first game this year then this is true. Especially if the league is already hitting NE with penalties for just videotaping. This isn't over yet!

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I have to disagree. The cheating thing is not overblown. We all know that it can take one play to lose a game or win a game. If it was one play that the Patriots could have discovered that the opposing offense audibled into and they recognized the call from their d linemen's radio mics or from videotaping signals and it changed the outcome of the game then we have all been cheated from knowing what really would have happend if the competitive advantage was never achieved.

I heard during lunch today on ESPN that Mangini was the one that blew BB in last year because Mangini knew about what BB was doing and that is why Mangini and BB had the falling out last year. Mangini was trying to not start a massive controversy but it has gone too far. Mangini was coming forward with the d linemen mic thing and also the videotaping.

If the NE d linemen were carrying mics in their helmets to pick up audibles so the Patsies could compare that to the signal calling that they were videotaping then they could crack the signals sent in by the other team from the NE sideline and so could the players on the field.

If BB didn't come clean with everything then Goodell must hang him by his balls to make an example. IF he wants to clean up this league then we will see additional penalties.

One can say that it is only hearsay but If Mangini is coming forward with complaints from their first game this year then this is true. Especially if the league is already hitting NE with penalties for just videotaping. This isn't over yet!

This is a good post. I think my point is that he didn't need to do it to win. Nixon was going to win the election without "watergate."

I'm not saying what he did was wrong but even John Madden knows that Bellichek is one hell of a coach.

Billz_fan
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
New England is going to win it all this year. They are that good and you should be pumped.

However, don't act like BB is sqeeky clean and a victim here.

The thing I would be scared about is that the whole team was acting like it was going to be Bellichek's last game or something. That was a little weird.

By the way, he was definately the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

I Knew it !!! :mad:

jpdex12
09-17-2007, 09:49 PM

Cover it up or try to sweep it under the rug however you want. Once a cheater always a cheater. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. BB will always be like this.

NE is good but if you are so good then why do you have to gain a competitive advantage on another team like this?

It's like someone being told not to bring a cheat sheet into a test and they do and get the best grade in the class. How does that make you feel about yourself? Good? A feeling of accomplishment?

Barry Bonds is a completely different example as far as severity of competitive advantage and publicity but is there really a difference if you don't get caught? Is this like corking a bat? Is this like using brass knuckles in a fight? Is this like Loyd Christmas pouring a laxative into Harry's coffee so he has to miss his date that Loyd fills in for?

You're a good poster, but give us a break NE39. This isn't the end of the world or a blemish on the NFL like other things but don't patronize other fans about the situation.

A lot of NFL fans dislike the Pats because they win so much like the Yankees in MLB. In all honesty, how can you be truly proud of your team when they cheat like this and get caught? I'm sure other teams have done things in the past and present to gain an advantage on another team, but to blatantly and blindly do something like this to another team let alone a former coach just goes to show you what some people will do to win unsportsmanlike. This just gives people another reason to hate them more and shows the pathetic means that BB uses to blow up his alter ego. He should have learned better from the military upbringing that he was raised with. Honor, dignity, blah, blah, blah. They deserve to go back into the septic tank that they crawled out of from the 1980's.

I hate them. BUMS!

Mitchy moo
09-17-2007, 09:54 PM
This might help us if BB is sitting at home.

TigerJ
09-17-2007, 11:11 PM
If NE is guilty, I hope the NFL is able to get the evidence to confirm and then come down hard on Belichick. If not, I hope the speculation just goes away. I'm getting tired of it.

PECKERWOOD
09-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Yes... I heard Tom Brady wears thongs and he cheated on his gf with gay lovers.

jamze132
09-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Dude, I understand you wanting to defend your boy and all, but let's be honest, Bill already admitted he broke the rules and then gave some bull**** excuse that he misinterpreted the rules. Yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar. What makes you so sure that he didn't mic up unauthorized players?

Do you honestly think all this stuff coming out is a big consperacy against either Bill or the Patriots organization? Funny, how Kraft thought the same thing before Bill admitted he cheated last week.

But I will say that I seriously doubt that the Patriots are the only team to do what they got caught doing. Little Mangini should get his kneck rung for squealing, IMO.

Ickybaluky
09-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Dude, I understand you wanting to defend your boy and all,

I didn't defend anyone. I just cracked a joke.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Maybe Bellichick was the real killer and OJ will confront him at the next Pats at Bills game.

Ickybaluky
09-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Maybe Bellichick was the real killer and OJ will confront him at the next Pats at Bills game.

Maybe? Seems pretty certain to me.

Seriously, they should look back at BB's games at Annapolis High and Phillips Academy to see what was going on. They should have to forfeit those games.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Maybe? Seems pretty certain to me.

Seriously, they should look back at BB's games at Annapolis High and Phillips Academy to see what was going on. They should have to forfeit those games.

What got BB the most PO'd was that he got blood on his grungy, grey sweatshirt.

Those things cost $5!!!!!! And he had to get a new one!!!!

Ickybaluky
09-18-2007, 08:20 AM
What got BB the most PO'd was that he got blood on his grungy, grey sweatshirt.

Those things cost $5!!!!!! And he had to get a new one!!!!

You think he buys them? He rolls bums under a bridge near the stadium and takes what he wants.

Actually the real reason he dresses like that is because he had to sell all his clothes to pay his fines (and divorce settlements).

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
You hear the rumors about BB and Bonnie Bernstein?