X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Time to Rebuild...... Again?

I am so sick of the word rebuild but, with the exception of the Oline coming together some ( they still need a Center) we are in big trouble on both sides of the ball,
    You have to hold Marv Levy, Tom Modrak, Ralph Wilson, Steve Fairchild, Dick Jaroun, Perry Fewell, and the rest of the personal management directly responsible for at least 2-3yrs more of rebuidling

I am not saying that we have to start all over, but Most people here we very unhappy with DJ siging as Head Coach, Most were unhappy when we signed Fewell and Fairchild, and most were unhappy when they brought in Marv, who has publicly stated numerous times that he has no idea what he is doing,
    Lets Face the Facts this team and franchise right now is headed in the wrong direction, TD started it and Marv is rounding it out

We need to get a real coach in here someone who actually doenst get out coached everytime we need someone to be decisive, he need a real Offense Cordinator in here, some one who comes in and forms an offense around the talent we have, and lives and dies with it, We need a defense that (lets face it) can do anything
    Marv has over paid for FA's Chris Kelsay, Aaron Schobel,Larry Triplett, Jason Whittle, Peerless Price, Langston walker, Josh Reed, Ryan Denney, Melvin Fowler, Robert Royal, etc. They have done nothing to justify the money the gave them, including Schobel, who gets his 10 meaningless sacks a year, when is the last time he stopped a drive with his pash rush
    Kelsay is a hard working, but very average DE
    Walker is trying to gel with a new RG, but hasnt impressed much and looks alot like Big Ole MIke
    What i am saying is obvious to the Bills Nation, u can Groan me and call me a Homer and a Realist
    Fact of the matter is Lee Evans probably wont sign here and we will have a new QB in Trent Edwards in a few more starts and have to start all over again

Questions?
    Do we throw to the backs out of the backfeild?
    How long will guys like Sam Aiken, Josh Scobey, Josh Stmaer, etc make the team?
    ST depth is more important then our worst ranked DEfense and Offensive depth, Stats dont lie
    How about Bobby April as interm head coach?
    Were has Dwayne Wright been?,
    were has the TE been?,
    do we blitz?,
    do we have a vertical game?
    do we have a pash rush?
    can we stop the run?
    can we make a team punt?
    can we stop the run?
    can we stop the pass?
    can JP throw a touch pass in his 4th year?
    can he throw is to anyone besides Lee without layin them out?
    can our coaching staff game plan?
    can DJ out coach anyone?
    can he coach?
    can Steve Fairchild call and effective game?
    Can Perry fewell put together a defensive scheme to actually stop an opposing offense?
    Do we have DT's that can make more than 1-2 plays a game?
    Do we realize how active we have to in the offseason with the draft and FA to make this team a legitamate contender?
    Does Marv Have a clue?
    Does Ralph?
    Can u justify a saftey with the 8th pick overall still?
    Can we Draft for needs for a change?

Can u answer yes to any of these questions?

Trust me i am a die hard Bills fan and rooted for them everyyear and follow them to a T, i spend good money to go watch them and have been to a different away game every year for the last 11 years, i just want to know can we do anything to make this team a contender?
    Last edited by bigbub2352; 09-17-2007, 09:17 AM.
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Time to Rebuild...... Again?

Makes you long for the good old days of Mularkey..

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I think we have a nucleus of good, young defensive players from the past few drafts, plus an improved O line, a great rookie RB, a fine number 1 WR, and the best special teams in the league.

I don't think it's rebuilding time so much as time to add a stud DT, a good number 2 WR, decide between JP and Edwards at QB, and find a pass catching TE and perhaps a CB.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I think we have a nucleus of good, young defensive players from the past few drafts, plus an improved O line, a great rookie RB, a fine number 1 WR, and the best special teams in the league.

I don't think it's rebuilding time so much as time to add a stud DT, a good number 2 WR, decide between JP and Edwards at QB, and find a pass catching TE and perhaps a CB.
        I agree with anything and everything anyone is gonna say on how to improve your team, and u can have all the talent in the world on the roster ala Washington, but u still need a read front office and coaches to make the team great
        No more bottom feeder coaches, should have had Mike Sherman as Head coach and GM, and or DC would have been Jim Bates hmmmmmm
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          I agree with anything and everything anyone is gonna say on how to improve your team, and u can have all the talent in the world on the roster ala Washington, but u still need a read front office and coaches to make the team great
          No more bottom feeder coaches, should have had Mike Sherman as Head coach and GM, and or DC would have been Jim Bates hmmmmmm
          Yeah, I was going to add that replacements for at least Jauron and Fairchild would help emensely.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Elminster
            #1 Kelsay Fan
            • Oct 2006

Do we throw to the backs out of the backfeild?No, apparently not.
            How long will guys like Sam Aiken, Josh Scobey, Josh Stmaer, etc make the team? it's fine to use roster spots on ST aces. Don't ever think otherwise...but it seems we go overboard.
            ST depth is more important then our worst ranked DEfense and Offensive depth, Stats dont lie Apparently
            How about Bobby April as interm head coach? At this point, how could he be worse? Let him be interim OC too.
            Were has Dwayne Wright been? Warming the bench?
            were has the TE been? Blocking, because we can't pick-up a blitz unless we have at least an equal number of blockers to blitzers. Normal teams can get by with one or two LESS blockers than we do...
            do we blitz? Yes. But it doesn't work.
            do we have a vertical game? Ask Fairchild. I'm sure he'll tell you he needs to review the tape though.
            do we have a pash rush? No, despite spending millions.
            can we stop the run? No, but that's nothing new.
            can we make a team punt? Apparently not.
            can we stop the pass? Can't stop anything
            can JP throw a touch pass in his 4th year? Maybe....maybe not. It's hard to tell when he barely passes untl the 4th quarter, when we have to pass and its obvious to everyone.
            can he throw is to anyone besides Lee without layin them out? By the same token, can anyone but Lee get open against single coverage?
            can our coaching staff game plan? Our offense, at least cannot. I'm not optimistic about the defense.
            can DJ out coach anyone? He could outcoach Fairchild. Then again, a pile of crap could outcoach Fairchild.
            can Steve Fairchild call and effective game? No.
            Can Perry fewell put together a defensive scheme to actually stop an opposing offense? Maybe. It's hard to do that when you're on the field for literally the whole first half...
            Do we have DT's that can make more than 1-2 plays a game? With experience, I think McCargo will. Otherwise....
            Do we realize how active we have to in the offseason with the draft and FA to make this team a legitamate contender? We couldn't possibly fix this in one go.
            Does Marv Have a clue? I hope so.
            Does Ralph? See above.
            Can u justify a saftey with the 8th pick overall still? How can you question this? We set out to run a Tampa 2, and the Colts answer that for you. You need an excellent safety to be able to play it. Otherwise, it blows, even with everything else in place. It's not Whitner's fault that little else is in place.
            Can we Draft for needs for a change? You can't do need entirely. Ever. But Wright at least is looking like a poor pick..[/quote]
            Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

We're not rebuilding .. Right now we just suck.

When we get a real GM in here and a competent coaching staff and start to assemble some better personnel, then we will be rebuilding.

For now, we're just sorry.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I'm starting to lose it with this team. I don't think I can be considered a anymore. In fact, I'm not even really looking forward to next Sunday. Yes I'll still watch the game, but I'm not expecting anything.

D & S Sports

Comment

• baalworship
                  • May 2003

Time to rebuild?

Yes.

Will it happen?

I doubt it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Is anybody shocked that we suck? However, I expected our offense to show something.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

It's not "again". It's "still".
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

You forgot "and a NFL calibre coaching staff and front office."

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Question should be is it time to blow this team up and start over and to be honest its getting very close to that threshold
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

it's gonna be tough to rebuild...either our D line completely blows because of the scheme or it completely blows because of the talent.

If it's the talent, we have too much money and years now invested in a unit that's simply not good enough on the NFL unit. If it's the scheme, it's gonna take a new coaching regime to fix it.

Either way, though, I don't think we're gonna progress through re-building with the current staff.

I also believe with a better QB we'd win more games, but I don't know if that would be enough to get us into the playoffs let alone superbowl. Our D is simply not good enough for us to be a perennial powerhouse.

Remember the old adage, defense wins championships.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

I think 1 of the major and biggest problems is the competancy and talent evaluation of Marv, Modrak, GUy, overdorff, and the coaches
                              alot of the guys we have signed in the last few years were guys that were castoffs of other teams, yes we made a splash with Dockery, Triplett, Royal and Walker, but if u think about how come everyone is saying we r over paying.....
                              How come most of the guys we resigned we overpaid for, instead of gettin those players back thru the draft or FA
                              Denney
                              Reed
                              Wire
                              kelsay
                              just to name a few bad over paid resigns
                              bad FA's under new regime
                              Triplett
                              royal
                              reyes
                              bowen
                              wallace
                              webster
                              price
                              a-train
                              fowler
                              these are guys that would have been better on other teams as backups but try and pass as starters here
                              then keeping guys like
                              aiken
                              haggan
                              stamer
                              scobey
                              neil
                              just for ST
                              and yet he dont have depth on offense and defense
                              hmmmm
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...