PDA

View Full Version : Time to face the reality of JP.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 09:14 AM
I was really excited when we drafted JP. I saved the USA Today article before he got drafted because I had a funny feeling that we were going to take him. That class had a ton of QBs in it and the top 6 are all starters currently.

I believe that JP was terribly mismanaged early on and I really fought on this board to keep people open minded about that fact and that he was our best option. After the bye he stopped making as many mistakes and looked alot better and I was happy for him and us.

The reality is, whether you like it or not, that JP does not have the mental tools to play at the NFL level. I remember when MM put JP in for one play aginst NE in place of Bledsoe and he literally threw a 3 yard pass to the defender for an INT. My buddy looked at me and said "what the hell was that." Unfortunately, 3 years later I'm still seeing the same stupid stuff.

Did the Bills play well yesterday? No. If Edwards was in would we have won this game? No. However, it was early in the third, McGee gave us awesome field position, and if JP hits Price, it's a 5 point game. How many here knew the game was over when we kicked the field goal?

The point is that JP doesn't do enough things well to help us win week in and week out. He's also going to get Evans hurt with some of these throws and when Evans goes down this season will be officialy over.

I have been a long time supporter of JP but it's officialy time to make a change. I'm also of the belief that we will never be a playoff team with JP behind center. Sorry if you disagree but it's the way I feel after supporting him since he got here.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
I've never been a supporter and I probably never will be.

But JP should still be the starter until week 12.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 09:56 AM
the sad thing about this is that I'm almost sure, we get rid of JP and he becomes a probowler for some other team.

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2007, 09:59 AM
the sad thing about this is that I'm almost sure, we get rid of JP and he becomes a probowler for some other team.
Nope.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 09:59 AM

I thought this 2 years ago when MM was screwing around with this kid but not now.

I think the only team that J.P. could play for and do well is either TN or Atlanta. I think those coaches would try and let him play to his strengths which would be to run the ball alot.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2007, 10:00 AM
I've never been a supporter and I probably never will be.

But JP should still be the starter until week 12.

Who'd ever of thought that you would be arguing to play JP longer than me. Hell really has frozen over.

justasportsfan
09-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I thought this 2 years ago when MM was screwing around with this kid but not now.

I think the only team that J.P. could play for and do well is either TN or Atlanta. I think those coaches would try and let him play to his strengths which would be to run the ball alot.

Fairchild is not using JP's strengths like the Titans are with Young. Even Cutler has designed plays to run a bottleg or run for a first down. some coach is gonna find a way to use JP the right way.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Sad thing is, JP is one of the lesser problems with our team.

He's a product of the horrid coaching staffs/GM's/President. Mismanaged free agencies/drafts/roster moves.

It's not going out on the limb to say that the Bills may be the worst team in the league right now.

Every team in the league scored a touchdown except for us this Sunday.

trapezeus
09-17-2007, 10:39 AM
That class had a ton of QBs in it and the top 6 are all starters currently.

Who are the six? I know Roestlisberger, Manning, Rivers, Losman. Who are the other two? Just curious. Thanks.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Who are the six? I know Roestlisberger, Manning, Rivers, Losman. Who are the other two? Just curious. Thanks.

Schaub and ???

CSFAN
09-17-2007, 10:51 AM
They haven't really turned it loose on offense to let JP show what he can do, but he HAS had opportunities in both of these games to make a difference. It's putting too much on the guy to say he should have hit ALL of the opportunities, but he really hasn't hit one of them.

He's just not the guy. He could be the guy if we had a top 5 Defense (so, we'd be one of those teams with a great running game, special teams & D, where the QB isn't relied upon - think Dilfer, Grossman, Roethlesberger, etc.)