X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

"WRs can't get open"

Is everyone else watching the same TV telecast as me? Because what I watch doesn't show receivers downfield, just JP with the deer in headlights look. You can assume 1) JP is lost or 2) the WRs aren't open. I find it hard to believe the WRs are getting shut down. Unless anyone sees differently, I'd like the myth of the unopen WRs to end.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: "WRs can't get open"

it is tough to tell if anyone is open on TV. I would suspect that there are times when no one's open and other times when JP just can't find the open man.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
      it is tough to tell if anyone is open on TV. I would suspect that there are times when no one's open and other times when JP just can't find the open man.
      Right. Some on the board are *****ing out Evans, Price, Reed, Parish, et al.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

but as long as we're going in this direction- if the WR's aren't getting open, sometimes that's the OC's fault as much as it is the WR's fault.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• eyedog
          • Jul 2002

Then again if Price didn't get that ridiculous from the Bills he probably wouldn't even be in the league right now.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

If this is the case, instead of taking sacks or trying to just shovel pass to nobody in particular...throw the ball away and out of bounds.

JP should know how to do that, seeing he did a good job of it on the pass to Price in the end zone.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              When JP hit Price on this play....(:49) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass short middle to P.Price to PIT 29 for 22 yards (L.Woodley).

I couldn't believe how well Price was open and why it took JP so long to throw him the ball. Jp was sitting there in the pocket, looking around, and when Price caught it there was no one near him. I said to myself " What the **** was JP looking at all that time"

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

I was at the game and for a lot of plays recievers were blanketed with coverage, Evans was always covered, Evans never got open, Price tripped on more than a coupld of his routes totally making him useless in the play, and yeah, more than half the time, the recievers just weren't open. I don't konw if it was the bad routes, or just our horrid WR corps. Probably a bit of both. Seemed like a lot of routes that took awhile to develop.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

It was a totally ****ty team effort, please include the Coaches in there too. Once again, I'm sick and tired of this matter just like everybody else. I love the Bills and would love to have a winning team, but JP and Evans are not team only, they need some help from the rest of this sorry ass team.
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

I find it very easy to believe our WRs are getting shut down. How many other teams would Peerless Price start for?
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• raphael120
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                      I find it very easy to believe our WRs are getting shut down. How many other teams would Peerless Price start for?
                      None. Thats why he was available, and if he couldnt crack the WR corp in Atlanta or Dallas, and he's a 2nd WR here...that means that all the WRs behind Price are not worth being on an NFL roster. If Price cant cut it on any roster in the NFL but here..and he's beating out our other 3 WRs behind him...what does that say?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                        How many other teams would Peerless Price start for?
                        How many other teams would JP Losman start on?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

Sometimes you have to hit a wide receiver even when they aren't very open and trust them to come down with the ball. JP won't throw to anyone unless they are WIDE open, that's why he gets sacked all of the time. If he hit them on a few of those I'm sure it would help to set them up for other patterns to get open on. That being said, beyond Evans and Roscoe I'm not too impressed with our WR corp.
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• raphael120
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                            Sometimes you have to hit a wide receiver even when they aren't very open and trust them to come down with the ball. JP won't throw to anyone unless they are WIDE open, that's why he gets sacked all of the time. If he hit them on a few of those I'm sure it would help to set them up for other patterns to get open on. That being said, beyond Evans and Roscoe I'm not too impressed with our WR corp.
                            I think Reed not being in this game hurt us. Not once did I see Aiken on the field.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

If Roscoe weren't a stick figure he'd start easily
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X