PDA

View Full Version : "WRs can't get open"

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Is everyone else watching the same TV telecast as me? Because what I watch doesn't show receivers downfield, just JP with the deer in headlights look. You can assume 1) JP is lost or 2) the WRs aren't open. I find it hard to believe the WRs are getting shut down. Unless anyone sees differently, I'd like the myth of the unopen WRs to end.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
it is tough to tell if anyone is open on TV. I would suspect that there are times when no one's open and other times when JP just can't find the open man.

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2007, 10:20 AM
it is tough to tell if anyone is open on TV. I would suspect that there are times when no one's open and other times when JP just can't find the open man.
Right. Some on the board are *****ing out Evans, Price, Reed, Parish, et al.

OpIv37
09-17-2007, 10:23 AM
but as long as we're going in this direction- if the WR's aren't getting open, sometimes that's the OC's fault as much as it is the WR's fault.

eyedog
09-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Then again if Price didn't get that ridiculous from the Bills he probably wouldn't even be in the league right now.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2007, 10:25 AM
If this is the case, instead of taking sacks or trying to just shovel pass to nobody in particular...throw the ball away and out of bounds.

JP should know how to do that, seeing he did a good job of it on the pass to Price in the end zone.

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 10:32 AM

When JP hit Price on this play....(:49) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass short middle to P.Price to PIT 29 for 22 yards (L.Woodley).

I couldn't believe how well Price was open and why it took JP so long to throw him the ball. Jp was sitting there in the pocket, looking around, and when Price caught it there was no one near him. I said to myself " What the **** was JP looking at all that time"

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I was at the game and for a lot of plays recievers were blanketed with coverage, Evans was always covered, Evans never got open, Price tripped on more than a coupld of his routes totally making him useless in the play, and yeah, more than half the time, the recievers just weren't open. I don't konw if it was the bad routes, or just our horrid WR corps. Probably a bit of both. Seemed like a lot of routes that took awhile to develop.

The last buffalo fan
09-17-2007, 10:50 AM
It was a totally ****ty team effort, please include the Coaches in there too. Once again, I'm sick and tired of this matter just like everybody else. I love the Bills and would love to have a winning team, but JP and Evans are not team only, they need some help from the rest of this sorry ass team.

Philagape
09-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I find it very easy to believe our WRs are getting shut down. How many other teams would Peerless Price start for?

raphael120
09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
I find it very easy to believe our WRs are getting shut down. How many other teams would Peerless Price start for?

None. Thats why he was available, and if he couldnt crack the WR corp in Atlanta or Dallas, and he's a 2nd WR here...that means that all the WRs behind Price are not worth being on an NFL roster. If Price cant cut it on any roster in the NFL but here..and he's beating out our other 3 WRs behind him...what does that say?

TacklingDummy
09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
How many other teams would Peerless Price start for?

How many other teams would JP Losman start on?

mchurchfie
09-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Sometimes you have to hit a wide receiver even when they aren't very open and trust them to come down with the ball. JP won't throw to anyone unless they are WIDE open, that's why he gets sacked all of the time. If he hit them on a few of those I'm sure it would help to set them up for other patterns to get open on. That being said, beyond Evans and Roscoe I'm not too impressed with our WR corp.

raphael120
09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Sometimes you have to hit a wide receiver even when they aren't very open and trust them to come down with the ball. JP won't throw to anyone unless they are WIDE open, that's why he gets sacked all of the time. If he hit them on a few of those I'm sure it would help to set them up for other patterns to get open on. That being said, beyond Evans and Roscoe I'm not too impressed with our WR corp.

I think Reed not being in this game hurt us. Not once did I see Aiken on the field.

Philagape
09-17-2007, 11:04 AM
If Roscoe weren't a stick figure he'd start easily

raphael120
09-17-2007, 11:05 AM
If Roscoe weren't a stick figure he'd start easily

I'll take Twiggy over Peerless anyday.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I think Reed not being in this game hurt us. Not once did I see Aiken on the field.

Exactly. If Reed has been one thing, he's been JP's relief valve over JP's past 10 games. Without him, or somebody similar he probably looked downfield and saw:

1. Evans double covered or well covered running a fly pattern again
and
2. Price going through the motions to collect his check.

Bench price...put Roscoe at number 2!

raphael120
09-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Balls to the wall, lets see if Parrish can handle a full game being a starter.

M
09-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Balls to the wall, lets see if Parrish can handle a full game being a starter.

Seriously! He does get the snot kicked out of him but he gets up after every play ready to take on another defender. Give him some more chances!

raphael120
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Did anyone notice that when JP was throwing it, the WR had to usually jump up into the air to get it. He was overthrowing a lot of the time.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Did anyone notice that when JP was throwing it, the WR had to usually jump up into the air to get it. He was overthrowing a lot of the time.

yeah..he was totally off yesterday. He even through a 10-12 yard pass to a wide open Peerless that seemed to float forever. He was not there mentally yesterday...couple that with playcalling and the possibility that our WR were covered all day, it was very disheartnening.

Mad Bomber
09-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Except for short passes where he was throwing it at the receiver's feet.

DynaPaul
09-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Is everyone else watching the same TV telecast as me? Because what I watch doesn't show receivers downfield, just JP with the deer in headlights look. You can assume 1) JP is lost or 2) the WRs aren't open. I find it hard to believe the WRs are getting shut down. Unless anyone sees differently, I'd like the myth of the unopen WRs to end.

You know, it's funny, but that's what they said about Atlanta's WRs when Vick was sucking in the passing game. The WRs aren't open! Come on, cop out excuse...

Philagape
09-17-2007, 01:28 PM
You know, it's funny, but that's what they said about Atlanta's WRs when Vick was sucking in the passing game. The WRs aren't open! Come on, cop out excuse...

Hmmm, what player do the Falcons and Bills have in common ..... hmmmm ........

JD
09-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Maybe they are open, but JP just hesitates too ****ing long!